+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Welfare, student loans, uneployment and sponcership

Kaliv

Mar 20, 2018
Help! I'm so lost and confused with all of this. I am a Canadian citizen born and raised. I want to Sponser my husband to live in Canada with me. Were married and have a baby girl who was born in Canada and is also a citizen.
I was on government assistance (welfare) last year stopping in October 2017. Will that effect my sponsoring? Also I do not have a job I am in employed... Do I have to have a job to Spencer him? Cause I want to take out student loans and go to university plus raise our daughter, He's planning on working as soon as he's a resident... And last question, can he stay in Canada with me as soon as we apply and as where waiting to be accepted???? o_O

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The issue will be if you don't have a job, you will need to prove that you won't claim welfare after he lands. You need to show you can support yourself, your daughter and him without government help. As far as when he can come to Canada, you can try for a TRV, but they are difficult to get for a spouse, as they don't generally meet the description of a visitor when they are being sponsored. Don't count on him being here until his PR is approved.

Kaliv

Mar 20, 2018
I was told by a lawyer this morning that it is fine that I don't have a job I don't have to show where I sit financially since I am only sponsoring my spouse and not any dependent children.

M

mikeymyke

Yes you dont need a job, but the fact you were previously on welfare, not working now, and going to school with loans, the combination of all 3 may make them doubt your ability to support your spouse.

Remember, a sponsor is supposed to demonstrate they can support their spouse without going on assistance

Kaliv

Mar 20, 2018
I found out I won't be taking out student loans until next year . If I find a part-time work do you think it'll be okay and we'll get exepted. We really want to keep our family together. But I breastfeed our daughter and she's never taken a bottle so I really can not work more than part time. We have lots of family who help us and I know we won't go on welfare we saved up enough money to last us until my husband is aloud to work. I just really want them to exept us if we apply so o want to make sure I'm doing every th ing I can to make sure we aren't denied ... Cause then we also lose that money from applying

nkoff

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Request
01-02-2018
Med's Done....
03-02-2018
I found out I won't be taking out student loans until next year . If I find a part-time work do you think it'll be okay and we'll get exepted. We really want to keep our family together. But I breastfeed our daughter and she's never taken a bottle so I really can not work more than part time. We have lots of family who help us and I know we won't go on welfare we saved up enough money to last us until my husband is aloud to work. I just really want them to exept us if we apply so o want to make sure I'm doing every th ing I can to make sure we aren't denied ... Cause then we also lose that money from applying
you gotta gather all the proofs possible to convince ircc you'll get sufficient support from your family. get your family members to write letters stating their intent to support you.