+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Welcome to Calgary

jassig

Star Member
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary ppl don't make new thread share your views here and also view all old post and their experiences

johnson.i2000

Apr 20, 2013
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
Nomination.....
PER on Sept 4, 2014
File Transfer...
complete by Gods grace
Med's Request
09 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
01 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Mar 10, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
April 06, 2015
LANDED..........
July 9, 2015
I am planning to land in calgary around July 2014 depends on my visa, how is the job market currently?

How much it depends on oil prices? is there any concern due to current crashing of oil prices?

those who are in calgary, can you please list big oil operators as well as EPCs

lighter

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
IELTS Request
With documents
Med's Request
10-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
Inshallah waived
Passport Req..
15-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
LANDED..........
Inshallah in April 2015
jassig said:
Calgary ppl don't make new thread share your views here and also view all old post and their experiences
Great Jassi Gee,

Me from Lahore Pakistan, Planning to land in calgary in April 2015. Looking for valuable advise?

Kind Regards

Lighter

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
johnson.i2000 said:
I am planning to land in calgary around July 2014 depends on my visa, how is the job market currently?

How much it depends on oil prices? is there any concern due to current crashing of oil prices?

those who are in calgary, can you please list big oil operators as well as EPCs
Jobs related to oil and gas are dull now due to oil price slump. Most of the Engg companies are laying off people now in Alberta.

jassig

Star Member
Jun 18, 2011
ttrajan said:
Jobs related to oil and gas are dull now due to oil price slump. Most of the Engg companies are laying off people now in Alberta.
hi ttrajan,

are you from the oil and gas industry

jassig

Star Member
Jun 18, 2011
lighter said:
Great Jassi Gee,

Me from Lahore Pakistan, Planning to land in calgary in April 2015. Looking for valuable advise?

Kind Regards

Lighter
you are welcome buddy keep in touch

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
[b][color=navy]Manila[/color][/b]
NOC Code......
[b][color=navy]2234[/color][/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b][color=navy]Aug15.2014[/color][/b]
Nomination.....
[b][color=navy]Dec18.2014[/color][/b]
File Transfer...
[b][color=navy]May26.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Request
[b][color=navy]May27.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Done....
[b][color=navy]Jun08.2015[/color][/b]
Passport Req..
[b][color=navy]Jul02.2015[/color][/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b][color=navy]Jul09.2015[/color][/b]
LANDED..........
[b][color=navy]Spring 2016[/color][/b]
Hi Jassi,

First of all, thank you for creating this thread and giving advises and guidance to future Calgarians..

Glad to have found this thread. Me & my family are planning to land and settle in Calgary. We are still in the initial stages of our application. We are praying and hoping we will have our PR Visa by mid of this year and have plans on landing hopefully in September. We don't have family or friends there. It will be a start from scratch for us, as i believe most 1st time immigrants do.

I have 2kids (girls). At this early, i am already looking and researching for where to enroll them and such. But they still starting kindergarten. Thankful that public schools are free. And of course, the employment for myself. Starting as well to researched and hopefully in due time will find a suitable job to make ends meet and still can save some with little extras on the side.. ;D

The main concern we have by the time, is the Accommodation. Iv'e been looking at kijiji.ca - Calgary in particular. Do landlords, really rent their place to 1st time immigrants? I mean, we can only communicate with them through email that we are interested to rent their apartment and would hope we can close the deal so when the landing date comes, we can directly have our place to stay. Can enlighten me on this point. Really would like to have advices on this matter.

Thanks again and appreciate your time in replying. :) ;)

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 03.11.2014.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
We are planning to settle in Calgary one day and I have a question about accomodation.
We have a girl and a boy, they are 6 and 4 now and will be a year older when we arrive. Considering the family structure, is there some kind of rule according to which we must rent 3bedroom appartment instead of 2room, meaning that children must be separated?
Does anyone have experience with Boardwalk appartments company? Lakeview and Glamorgan, SW, are those nice areas?

hoping_15

Star Member
Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/06/2014
Doc's Request.
26/02/2015
Nomination.....
23/10/2014
AOR Received.
28/11/2015
Med's Request
23/09/2015
Med's Done....
06/10/15
Passport Req..
19/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
30/10/2015
LANDED..........
jassig said:
Hi
sorry bro i dont have much knowledge or friend in accounting/bookkeeping but definately if you have the time and money do what ever you can there is not harm in doing online courses as they are widely axcepted here and it will also look good on you when you send your cv some where,and againg sorry dont have ne knowledge in your feild but but i have seen some accounting personal getting into accounting courses for oil and gas try to do one of them online as you might be knowing oil and gas is in demand here and good pay as well.

best of luck cheers
Dear jassig,

Thanks a lot for the information. Currently working for an international oil & gas co in my country(bangladesh) as accounts payable, will this help to land a similar job or still need to go for courses?
Thanks in advance.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
jassig said:
hi ttrajan,

are you from the oil and gas industry
Yes. Now due to slump in oil price, Engg job market is very dull. Most of the Engg companies are laying off people in Alberta. In my company most of the people were laid off last year.

jassig

Star Member
Jun 18, 2011
dmac11 said:
Hi Jassi,

First of all, thank you for creating this thread and giving advises and guidance to future Calgarians..

Glad to have found this thread. Me & my family are planning to land and settle in Calgary. We are still in the initial stages of our application. We are praying and hoping we will have our PR Visa by mid of this year and have plans on landing hopefully in September. We don't have family or friends there. It will be a start from scratch for us, as i believe most 1st time immigrants do.

I have 2kids (girls). At this early, i am already looking and researching for where to enroll them and such. But they still starting kindergarten. Thankful that public schools are free. And of course, the employment for myself. Starting as well to researched and hopefully in due time will find a suitable job to make ends meet and still can save some with little extras on the side.. ;D

The main concern we have by the time, is the Accommodation. Iv'e been looking at kijiji.ca - Calgary in particular. Do landlords, really rent their place to 1st time immigrants? I mean, we can only communicate with them through email that we are interested to rent their apartment and would hope we can close the deal so when the landing date comes, we can directly have our place to stay. Can enlighten me on this point. Really would like to have advices on this matter.

Thanks again and appreciate your time in replying. :) ;)
hi,

I think the rental situation might get better as lots of nw houses will be up by this year mid and also the it depends how the oil prices impact the job and rental situation in the coming months,

I know some one who will be having a 2 bedroom up for rent in june this year .

keep in touch and best of luck for your immigration process

cheers

speculucky

Jan 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-07-2014
Med's Request
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
Ahh...sweet dreams
Wow Jassi,
You are the best, buddy!!! :D

dmac11

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
[b][color=navy]Manila[/color][/b]
NOC Code......
[b][color=navy]2234[/color][/b]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b][color=navy]Aug15.2014[/color][/b]
Nomination.....
[b][color=navy]Dec18.2014[/color][/b]
File Transfer...
[b][color=navy]May26.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Request
[b][color=navy]May27.2015[/color][/b]
Med's Done....
[b][color=navy]Jun08.2015[/color][/b]
Passport Req..
[b][color=navy]Jul02.2015[/color][/b]
VISA ISSUED...
[b][color=navy]Jul09.2015[/color][/b]
LANDED..........
[b][color=navy]Spring 2016[/color][/b]
jassig said:
hi,

I think the rental situation might get better as lots of nw houses will be up by this year mid and also the it depends how the oil prices impact the job and rental situation in the coming months,

I know some one who will be having a 2 bedroom up for rent in june this year .

keep in touch and best of luck for your immigration process

cheers
Thanks for your reply Jassi. Hope to get in touch with you soon when the time comes that were gonna be there. Hope you won't get tired of assisting and guiding 1st time immigrants regarding the issues will gonna face.

Thanks again and +1 to you ;)

daintygirl

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2011
Nomination.....
01-09-2011
File Transfer...
01-02-2012
Med's Request
25-04-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
waiting
jassig said:
hello Raj ji,

welcome to calgary sirji,the best place for you to settle down would be NE as there are lots of punjabi in this area and lots of them working in Trucking and Taxi line keep in touch

cheers

Jassi
I would love relocate to calgary from winnipeg, but would like to get a job offer first, I am currently a secretary but i will settle for something entry level for the time being.

Do you know if that possible, or can you give some pointers

jassig

Star Member
Jun 18, 2011
emiiuki said:
We are planning to settle in Calgary one day and I have a question about accomodation.
We have a girl and a boy, they are 6 and 4 now and will be a year older when we arrive. Considering the family structure, is there some kind of rule according to which we must rent 3bedroom appartment instead of 2room, meaning that children must be separated?
Does anyone have experience with Boardwalk appartments company? Lakeview and Glamorgan, SW, are those nice areas?
hi there,

there is no such rule but the real estate agents always say that,but at the least I think u should start wit a 2 bed apartment to begin with.

best of luck cheers