+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Weird Spouse sponsorship problem

NRai

Jun 13, 2019
Hi all,

I am a married woman who has received an ITA after showing my spouse as non-accompanying (because my score shot up after removing him). Now I will carry on my PR process and file my documents with CIC.

Me and husband cannot live apart in 2 different countries. We have to stay together in Canada any which way possible.

My lawyer is saying that I should file my papers with CIC and then at the time of submitting my passport, my husband should file for a visitor visa (at the same time) and give reason that my wife is getting a PR and I want to go with her on visitor visa basis. And then after reaching Canada, I apply for inland spousal sponsorship.

Does anyone have an experience similar to this. Please give suggestions.

My query is, should I get a visitor visa for my husband before filing my papers for PR with CIC or after my documents have been submitted (as the lawyer is suggesting)?

Please help me!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
My lawyer is saying that I should file my papers with CIC and then at the time of submitting my passport, my husband should file for a visitor visa (at the same time) and give reason that my wife is getting a PR and I want to go with her on visitor visa basis.
Typically, this is not easy to get the visitor visa. This is because the "visitor" is considered a great risk for overstay for obvious reasons. In the past, this kind of reason is a common cause for rejection of a visitor visa application. I don't know what the situation is recently, but I don't see why things would have changed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
unfortunately when you file for immigration with your spouse non-accompanying there is a huge risk that you will be separated for at least a year.

Reactions: Qwertypod

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi all,

I am a married woman who has received an ITA after showing my spouse as non-accompanying (because my score shot up after removing him). Now I will carry on my PR process and file my documents with CIC.

Me and husband cannot live apart in 2 different countries. We have to stay together in Canada any which way possible.

My lawyer is saying that I should file my papers with CIC and then at the time of submitting my passport, my husband should file for a visitor visa (at the same time) and give reason that my wife is getting a PR and I want to go with her on visitor visa basis. And then after reaching Canada, I apply for inland spousal sponsorship.

Does anyone have an experience similar to this. Please give suggestions.

My query is, should I get a visitor visa for my husband before filing my papers for PR with CIC or after my documents have been submitted (as the lawyer is suggesting)?

Please help me!
If you are desperate to stay together, your plan has serious risks of this not being possible. If a visa is denied, you will have no choice but to go to Canada and sponsor "outland" from there. Potentially, you can be separated for more than a year.

You should reconsider your decision to make your husband non-accompanying and work towards raising your joint CRS score.