Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-05-2013
Currently my wife and I are in Australia. We plan on leaving sometime at the beginning of December. We want to get the sponsorship started but not sure if it is smart to get it started while in Australia since we are leaving in a few months. If we start this process here should we use her mailing address in Vancouver or from Australia?

Note: She is moving to Vancouver and I will be going to stay with my family in Texas. This is just really confusing on what to do. We have tried everything possible to not be split apart and have finally come to the sponsorship as country hopping is not our thing. She is here on a working holiday visa and I am just here on a visitor visa for the time being. Also, does this mean she needs to check that she is living exclusively outside Canada on the application?

mmshock

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Done....
11-02-2011
Passport Req..
30-08-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Hi Rattles,

You can certainly get the process started from Australia. I would definitely use her Vancouver address - does she have anyone that can check it while she is still in Aus? I've discovered its much harder to change it once its been submitted, I tried several times to change mine and they never even regarded my e-mails. Having said that, they never sent anything to me via snail mail, it seems like e-mail is the norm these days (with some exceptions).

How long has she been in Aus? Does she own property or still hold a lease in Vancouver? Did she file taxes in Canada the most recent year? A little more info will help us help you the best.

Have you started sending off for your FBI report or done your medicals as yet? These things can be quite time consuming and you'll want to ASAP. People on the forum can certainly help.

Rattles

Star Member
Oct 12, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
16-03-2013
AOR Received.
NA
File Transfer...
15-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-08-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2013
LANDED..........
17-05-2013
She has been here since late July and I came here three weeks later. I had a job lined up but the nomination for the position got declined by Aussie immigration. So, we are back at square one and going to go ahead with the sponsorship for Canada. We just figured we could work on it while living and working here, just didn't work out.

She never had a lease in Canada because she was living with family. She did file taxes last year there and will again this coming year as this trip was only a working holiday. All in all she will have been gone for about six months. We realize we can't return to Canada at the same time as I need to work so we have money coming in.

Haven't started the process yet as I am heading over to the police station to get my fingerprints done today. Also looking into cost for meds and if I should wait to do them in Texas if the FBI takes longer than 6 weeks. I suppose if the FBI takes longer than six weeks all of these questions are for nothing as we will be returning to Canada and the U.S. respectively.

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
The FBI's taking an average of 8 weeks right now; keep in mind that it's another 5-7 business days after that for you to get the results in the mail.

Though I called the FBI 8 weeks after they got my request and they said it's still being processed and to call back in 'a week or two' to see if it's done. I'm a bit annoyed about that.