+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Weird situation about financial assets

ion87

Mar 25, 2019
Hello

I am from Brazil and recently applied for a temporary residence permit so I could visit Canada for the first time for about two weeks.

My visa was rejected because I did not include financial proofs. The problem is that there was no space for me to upload financial documents in the online application website!

There was forms for personal information, travel information, passport information etc but there was no specific space for uploading financial documents so I assumed I did not need to.

The rejection letter stated that only applicants who previously travelled to canada or the US and hold a valid US visa don’t need to show financial proofs and that’s why I was rejected.

However, I did some research and the online application website automatically chooses the documents you need to upload based on your questionnaire answers prior to that step and I did answer that I visited the US in the last 10 years (but it was not a 10-year tourist visa, it was a 1-year exchange student visa).

I clearly remember that the questionnaire question was “Have you legally travelled to Canada or the US in the past 10 years?”

Further research indicates that I could possibly be treated as a Can+ application since I visited the US in the past 10 years. But I was rejected because I don’t have a valid visa for the US.

I wonder if it was right to reject my application based on the absence of financial documents even though the online application website did not ask me to upload anything regarding my finances?

I would appreciate any help regarding this situation! Thanks

karanbedi

Mar 26, 2019
No financial documents if you have a valid 10 year US Visa...

My recommendation isto go ahead with a paper based application and put all the documents together and just reapply.