AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
So one of the forms of proof we can submit is screenshots of our social media accounts. I was debating sending these in along with the photos, but my only concern is that I use male pronouns for my spouse (Although on here for lack of confusion I've been saying wife. They don't mind for anyone who is sensitive to transgender issues and it's still a learning curve for me) as it's what they prefer. But legally their name, gender etc has to be submitted as is on their birth certificate.

So that being said, a lot of my posts do use the words "Him, handsome, husband, man, his" and use his preferred gender name "Nick" (Which is also how it shows on their Facebook and Instagram accounts)

Basically I'm wondering if it would be wise to avoid sending these in? I don't want the CIC to be confused. I wanted to use these as backup in case they want more documentation to show we're legit, but wanted some insight to this.

Thanks in advance and please no rude comments :)

BackToOntario

Star Member
Aug 18, 2018
So one of the forms of proof we can submit is screenshots of our social media accounts. I was debating sending these in along with the photos, but my only concern is that I use male pronouns for my spouse (Although on here for lack of confusion I've been saying wife. They don't mind for anyone who is sensitive to transgender issues and it's still a learning curve for me) as it's what they prefer. But legally their name, gender etc has to be submitted as is on their birth certificate.

So that being said, a lot of my posts do use the words "Him, handsome, husband, man, his" and use his preferred gender name "Nick" (Which is also how it shows on their Facebook and Instagram accounts)

Basically I'm wondering if it would be wise to avoid sending these in? I don't want the CIC to be confused. I wanted to use these as backup in case they want more documentation to show we're legit, but wanted some insight to this.

You could always send a letter with the social media screenshots explaining the pronoun situation. It's Canada, not the US, so I would say overall they are probably a bit more educated on the subject, but the letter might help in case the individual handling your case has questions.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
You don't have to worry about them not being aware of something like trans issues (and LGBT issues in general). They have really seen it all and trans issues really aren't that obscure in the west at all anymore, especially when it comes to preferred pronouns and names.

Feel free to send in your screenshots and use a separate sheet of paper to explain and clear up any confusion, just like you did here.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Agree with above. Perfectly fine to send those proofs in and just include a little explanation about the pronoun use. It won't be an issue.

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019