+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Weird question: Visa related

Aug 26, 2019
I have completed 4 years bachelors degree from one of the university in UK which is also equivalent to four years in Canada as per WES evaluation. I want to take an admission in Post Secondary Diploma (PSD) in one of the colleges in Canada. My ultimate objective is to complete the diploma, get the PGWP and complete one year of experience in Canada before applying for the PR.

Suppose I get the acceptance letter from the college. Can my visa be rejected on the basis that I want to go for PSD, which is academically lower than my existing qualification?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have completed 4 years bachelors degree from one of the university in UK which is also equivalent to four years in Canada as per WES evaluation. I want to take an admission in Post Secondary Diploma (PSD) in one of the colleges in Canada. My ultimate objective is to complete the diploma, get the PGWP and complete one year of experience in Canada before applying for the PR.

Suppose I get the acceptance letter from the college. Can my visa be rejected on the basis that I want to go for PSD, which is academically lower than my existing qualification?
There's a high chance your visa will be refused since this is a lower level of study than your bachelor degree. You should be taking a post graduate diploma or masters instead.

Note that to have the highest chances of success for getting PR, you want to complete 2 years of studies so that you qualify for a three year PGWP.

Emz90

Dec 26, 2018
Kuwait
Category........
There's a high chance your visa will be refused since this is a lower level of study than your bachelor degree. You should be taking a post graduate diploma or masters instead.

Note that to have the highest chances of success for getting PR, you want to complete 2 years of studies so that you qualify for a three year PGWP.
For PR purposes
What if my master program is one year, and worked for another one year experience.
Can I still apply for the PR?