+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wedding + CEC PR + Spouse Visa

kowsi

Sep 17, 2014
I am on an ICT visa in Canada and I have applied for my pr under cec.
I have received my AOR on 5th JAN. I am expecting my Medical Request by end of April.

I recently got married in Feb. Now I want to add my wife's name in my PR file.
Additionally I am applying for her spouse this week from india.

Should I have to receive the spouse visa before adding her name? Or are both the process independent?
Would Adding the name in PR before the issuance of valid Visa cause a rejection?

Can the Seniors guide me?

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
kowsi said:
Anyone? Please help
Hi Kowsi,

Even I am in the same boat as you. Both are independent I believe. But just to avoid any risks, I first applied for the dependent VISA for my spouse. Once she received it, I appended her name in my PR application.

Are you sure you would be receiving MR by April end ? As per the process right now, its takes approximately a little more over 6 months to get the MR after the receipt of AOR. So plan your activities accordingly.

Note: If you are from India, send your dependent visa file to Delhi. Bangalore VAC sucks.

Good luck !

kowsi

Sep 17, 2014
nhixon said:
Hi Kowsi,

Even I am in the same boat as you. Both are independent I believe. But just to avoid any risks, I first applied for the dependent VISA for my spouse. Once she received it, I appended her name in my PR application.

Are you sure you would be receiving MR by April end ? As per the process right now, its takes approximately a little more over 6 months to get the MR after the receipt of AOR. So plan your activities accordingly.

Note: If you are from India, send your dependent visa file to Delhi. Bangalore VAC sucks.

Good luck !
Thanks nhixon. It gives me some clarity.

My employer is applying for my spouse Visa and it goes only to Banglore VAC :( :( :(

I applied for my PR on Aug 27 2014 and Got my debit on NOV 5th. The AOR on Jan 5th.
I thought its 6 months from the date of debit. As such the tracker is showing May 7th as the tentative date.

My employer is dispatching the visa docs today. So I think I have to wait for 2 weeks. Hope it works.

kowsi

Sep 17, 2014
BTW Is it possible to add spouse after the medical request?

What all docs should i have to resubmit to add the spouse into PR?

How long would it delay my PR application?

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ A lot of questions and confusions