+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Website shows DM, CIC agents say "In Progress". What to believe?

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
I am applying for a Citizenship Certificate for my son.

When I check online the website shows DM but when I've called I've been told that's not the case and it's still in progress. When I asked why the website says DM I was told that ONE of the decisions had been made, not all of them, and basically not to call back for another couple of months.

What the heck should I be thinking? Is the website wrong? Are the agents lying to me/too lazy to check?

Has anyone else been in this situation?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Taddy said:

When I check online the website shows DM but when I've called I've been told that's not the case and it's still in progress. When I asked why the website says DM I was told that ONE of the decisions had been made, not all of them, and basically not to call back for another couple of months.

What the heck should I be thinking? Is the website wrong? Are the agents lying to me/too lazy to check?

In total how many members of your family have applied for the Citizenship ? . Secondly, you might consider requesting the ATIP reports for all family members.

Finally, keep an eye on the Oath invitation by mail. If the member whose application is approved is overseas, be prepared to fly in time for the Oath to avoid unnecessary complications later.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
Taddy said:

Agent was probably lying to you or too lazy to check. DM only means one thing: approved or rejected.

I had similar response from one agent then a different response from another one.

Taddy

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
29-11-2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
In total how many members of your family have applied for the Citizenship ? . Secondly, you might consider requesting the ATIP reports for all family members.

Finally, keep an eye on the Oath invitation by mail. If the member whose application is approved is overseas, be prepared to fly in time for the Oath to avoid unnecessary complications later.
Only my son. I was expecting to just get a CC in the mail. We're applying for citizenship as his father (my husband) is a Canadian Citizen by birth. My daughter and I are PR.
We're already in Canada and I'm keen to get his CC because the school keep asking for it to keep their records straight.
Given his age and circumstances, does he have to do the oath thing?

Arambi, I called twice since I saw DM but both agents said it was still in progress. It was the second agent who said it was only partly DM. I didn't know whether she made it up on the spot.