+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Webform file size limit 2mb, but official form 5406 is larger

itsguy

Mar 7, 2021
Hi there,
We're trying to add (me) as a spouse to my partners application. We received this list of documents we need to submit via webform:

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

We understand that we might need to submit multiple forms if all files exceed 3.5MB as discussed in other posts in the forum. BUT one of the forms is 2.3-2.4 MB on its own, exceeding the size allowed on IRCC webform (form 5406 linked above). We tried downloading it from 3 computers running different MacOS, and one from a Linux computer, and it's always the same size.

Did anyone else run into the problem? Any solutions?

youran12

Nov 25, 2020
Tianjin,China
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
HongKong
NOC Code......
Hi,

1. installl Acrobat (not Acrobat Reader) software
2. download and fill the official form you were asked to submit, save it, and open it in Acrobat
3. carefully check the menus of the Acrobat, there's a function to reduce the file size if I'm not wrong. If you can't find it, search how to reduce pdf file size in google.
4. if above can't make the file smaller than 2MB, print the form out and use a scaner to scan it, then use photoshop or other software to make the picture as small as possible.

Best Regards,

Manan97

Mar 28, 2018
Hi there,
We're trying to add (me) as a spouse to my partners application. We received this list of documents we need to submit via webform:

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

We understand that we might need to submit multiple forms if all files exceed 3.5MB as discussed in other posts in the forum. BUT one of the forms is 2.3-2.4 MB on its own, exceeding the size allowed on IRCC webform (form 5406 linked above). We tried downloading it from 3 computers running different MacOS, and one from a Linux computer, and it's always the same size.

Did anyone else run into the problem? Any solutions?
Did you find any solution? I am facing the same problem. What is the status of your application? Which stream you have applied to?