+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"We started processing your application on [date]" What does it mean?

Fizzybe

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Toronto, ON
Hey folks,

I was just able to check ECAS - couldn't figure out how to access it before. I am sponsoring my husband and we filed our application in December. We haven't received any updates on GCKey after he passed his medical exam, but ECAS says this:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 21, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on March 30, 2019.
  3. We sent you medical instructions on February 22, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.

Could this mean that his BGC has started?

Oh and just to be clear, mine says this:

1. We received your application to sponsor [NAME] on December 21, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 21, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on February 20, 2019.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey folks,

I was just able to check ECAS - couldn't figure out how to access it before. I am sponsoring my husband and we filed our application in December. We haven't received any updates on GCKey after he passed his medical exam, but ECAS says this:
  3. We sent you medical instructions on February 22, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 21, 2019.

It means they’re processing the application - pretty straightforward. It doesn’t necessarily indicated BGC has started but it means they are working on the file, which is positive.

Reactions: Fizzybe

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hey folks,

Hello ,

Hope all is fine. What happened then and what is the timeline

Regards

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Hello ,

Hope all is fine. What happened then and what is the timeline

Regards
This is from the profile page:
Application Received: December 21, 2018
AOR: February 21, 2019
Medical Request: February 22, 2019
Medical Done: February 23, 2019
Medical Passed: March 7, 2019
PA Application started processing: March 30, 2019 (ECAS)
Sponsor Application started processing: February 20, 2019 (ECAS)
BGC Start: waiting...

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
This is from the profile page:
Application Received: December 21, 2018
AOR: February 21, 2019
Medical Request: February 22, 2019
Medical Done: February 23, 2019
Medical Passed: March 7, 2019
Sponsor Application started processing: February 20, 2019 (ECAS)
BGC Start: waiting...
I have similar situation. And still waitng, October applicant. Hope it will finalize soon for everybody.

Thank you

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
Hey folks,

Hi @Fizzybe is this an outland application? If yes, what is the Visa Office (VO) for the Principal Applicant (PA)?

Here's what I think happened:
  • 21-Dec-2018: The application was delivered in Central Intake Office (CIO - possibly Sydney NS - that's where you sent it, right?)
  • 20-Feb-2019: They opened the package and checked if you submitted all the required documents (completeness check)
  • 21-Feb-2019: They sent you Acknowledge Of Receipt (AOR1) saying that they have received your complete application and they will now work on it. They also gave you an Application Number (and UCI, if applicable) that you can use to check your status on ECAS and GCKey
  • 22-Feb-2019: They sent Medical Request (MR)
  • Somewhere between 22-Feb-2019 and 30-Mar-2019: They must have transferred the file over to the PA's corresponding VO. You (the sponsor) must have received a File Transfer (FT) email, but it's ok if you never received it because I know they don't send the FT to all sponsors. Once it was transferred to the PA's corresponding VO, that VO must have emailed the PA that they have received the file from Sydney NS (if that's where you sent it originally) and will now work on the file (this email to the PA is called AOR2) - again it's ok if your husband never received it because I know they don't send the AOR2 to all PAs.
  • 30-Mar-2019: The PA's corresponding VO has started working on the file
As you can see, once they started working on the file in CIO, then file is transferred and again, they start working on your file in VO. Thus two different dates for "We started processing...". Hope it makes sense.

While the file was in CIO, they must have also emailed you a Sponsorship Approval (SA) that would state something like "Dear sponsor, we are happy to inform you that you have met all the requirements to sponsor your husband...", but again, it's ok if you never received the SA because I know they don't send it to all sponsors.

Regarding your query on BGC, I think it's difficult to find out if they have really started it. However, it should say on GCKey if they have started the BGC.

Reactions: may2019

Fizzybe

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Toronto, ON
Hi @Fizzybe is this an outland application? If yes, what is the Visa Office (VO) for the Principal Applicant (PA)?

Here's what I think happened:
  • 21-Dec-2018: The application was delivered in Central Intake Office (CIO - possibly Sydney NS - that's where you sent it, right?)
  • 20-Feb-2019: They opened the package and checked if you submitted all the required documents (completeness check)
  • 21-Feb-2019: They sent you Acknowledge Of Receipt (AOR1) saying that they have received your complete application and they will now work on it. They also gave you an Application Number (and UCI, if applicable) that you can use to check your status on ECAS and GCKey
  • 22-Feb-2019: They sent Medical Request (MR)
  • Somewhere between 22-Feb-2019 and 30-Mar-2019: They must have transferred the file over to the PA's corresponding VO. You (the sponsor) must have received a File Transfer (FT) email, but it's ok if you never received it because I know they don't send the FT to all sponsors. Once it was transferred to the PA's corresponding VO, that VO must have emailed the PA that they have received the file from Sydney NS (if that's where you sent it originally) and will now work on the file (this email to the PA is called AOR2) - again it's ok if your husband never received it because I know they don't send the AOR2 to all PAs.
  • 30-Mar-2019: The PA's corresponding VO has started working on the file
As you can see, once they started working on the file in CIO, then file is transferred and again, they start working on your file in VO. Thus two different dates for "We started processing...". Hope it makes sense.

While the file was in CIO, they must have also emailed you a Sponsorship Approval (SA) that would state something like "Dear sponsor, we are happy to inform you that you have met all the requirements to sponsor your husband...", but again, it's ok if you never received the SA because I know they don't send it to all sponsors.

Regarding your query on BGC, I think it's difficult to find out if they have really started it. However, it should say on GCKey if they have started the BGC.
Hi there, actually this is an inland application, so we sent our documents to Mississauga CPO. I'm assuming based on what you said that on March 30, 2019, they forward our application to a visa office somewhere in Canada to process our file.

Reactions: paint.thinner

paint.thinner

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2014
Nomination.....
November 2014
AOR Received.
January 2015
Med's Request
November 2015
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
December 2015
VISA ISSUED...
December 2015
I believe so, although I have very little knowledge on how the inland applications work

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
Hi there, actually this is an inland application, so we sent our documents to Mississauga CPO. I'm assuming based on what you said that on March 30, 2019, they forward our application to a visa office somewhere in Canada to process our file.
Inland apps goes to Ottawa normally

Shama198727

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Hello
So what happened with the process and when did you get the PR from the above mentioned details coz mine says the same
Can I know what happened with the processing from the above mentioned details

Shama198727

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Hey folks,

Hello
So what happened with the process and when did you get the PR from the above mentioned details coz mine says the same

Fizzybe

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Toronto, ON
Hello
BGC had not started then but he did receive his PR status on July 17. But everyone’s is different, some people ended up getting theirs later or earlier than mine.

falmata

Feb 9, 2020
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 3, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 6, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2020.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on November 28, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on November 30, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Medical results have been received.

can any one enplane to me
what is next ?

Shama198727

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 27 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on November ,7 2019.
  3. Medical results have been received.

Can Anyone help me wat is happening still coz didn’t get any updates till date & tiered of waiting.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 3, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 6, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 6, 2020.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on November 28, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on November 30, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Medical results have been received.

can any one enplane to me
what is next ?
Pre-arrival letter or PPR

Reactions: Tina556 and falmata