+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"We started processing your application on [date]" Does this mean PA's VO started processing?

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Was just checking my spouse's application status and the newest update says this:

"We started processing your application on [date]"

We've also got AOR1, SA approval, biometric/medical requests and the sponsor letter indicated that the file is being transferred to overseas VO.

It confused me a little bit. Doesn't processing begin once the AOR is received? Or does this status mean that the PA's VO has started to process the application? Any idea?

Last edited:

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Was just checking my spouse's application status and the newest update says this:

"We started processing your application on [date]"

It confused me a little bit. Doesn't processing begin once the AOR is received? Or does this status mean that the PA's VO has started to process the application? Any idea?
Have you got SA and been told it's been moved to a VO from Sydney? If yes then it sounds like the vo is processing it. I've not gotten an AOR2 personally though I got a medical request months after it was moved to the NYVO. I've read on here that AOR2 is hit or miss and a lot of people don't get it

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Have you got SA and been told it's been moved to a VO from Sydney? If yes then it sounds like the vo is processing it. I've not gotten an AOR2 personally though I got a medical request months after it was moved to the NYVO. I've read on here that AOR2 is hit or miss and a lot of people don't get it
I've got AOR1, SA approval, medical and biometric requests. The medicals have been sent too. So in your opinion, what do you think this status update means? Just that the PA's VO office has begun processing? How long is it usually after this?

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Probably just that the visa office did something with it - like send you a letter saying they're processing it.
Cool. Just scouring through the files it seems like some from even last year haven't moved to "processing". Is this just different for everyone?