+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We need additional documents to continue processing your application

Athmane

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Dears,

I have submitted my application on July 2017, I was waiting for the background check, and today I received a message of additional document request to continue processing which required the below :
Client Information: Please provide details and evidence of your sponsor’s preparations to relocate to Canada on a permanent basis. Please arrange for your sponsor to provide documents such as proof of job applications for positions in Canada, evidence relating to the termination of your sponsor’s status/employment in current country of residence, evidence of research/ enquiries regarding your children’s education, proof of property ownership or preparations for the purchase/ rental of accommodation, letters of support from relatives and any other relevant documentation you wish to submit to demonstrate ties in Canada and intention to relocate. Please also provide evidence of your sponsor's status in your current country of residence, such as a copy of their visa or residence permit. This must be received at this office by: 2018/06/30

Note that my wife and my kids are living with me in Qatar, and we cannot provide any proof required.

What to do?

Reactions: Azni760

WhiteWalker89

Aug 29, 2017
Dears,

I have submitted my application on July 2017, I was waiting for the background check, and today I received a message of additional document request to continue processing which required the below :
Client Information: Please provide details and evidence of your sponsor’s preparations to relocate to Canada on a permanent basis. Please arrange for your sponsor to provide documents such as proof of job applications for positions in Canada, evidence relating to the termination of your sponsor’s status/employment in current country of residence, evidence of research/ enquiries regarding your children’s education, proof of property ownership or preparations for the purchase/ rental of accommodation, letters of support from relatives and any other relevant documentation you wish to submit to demonstrate ties in Canada and intention to relocate. Please also provide evidence of your sponsor's status in your current country of residence, such as a copy of their visa or residence permit. This must be received at this office by: 2018/06/30

Note that my wife and my kids are living with me in Qatar, and we cannot provide any proof required.

What to do?
Why are you unable to provide any proof they require?

Does your wife hold legal status in Qatar?, they need to see a visa issued on her name.
Any friends or family in Canada? that could write a simple letter stating they would support you and expect you to come back?

Athmane

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Why are you unable to provide any proof they require?

Does your wife hold legal status in Qatar?, they need to see a visa issued on her name.
Any friends or family in Canada? that could write a simple letter stating they would support you and expect you to come back?
yes my wife hold a legal status in Qatar, but they are requesting, but we are out of Canada, I cannot provide proof of job application, schools application, house rental....
I don't have friends in Canada, and my relatives ( family in law), are living in UAE.

WhiteWalker89

Aug 29, 2017
yes my wife hold a legal status in Qatar, but they are requesting, but we are out of Canada, I cannot provide proof of job application, schools application, house rental....
I don't have friends in Canada, and my relatives ( family in law), are living in UAE.
I understand, can you not take a photocopy of your spouses visa for Qatar? If I am not mistaken your wife is the Sponsor and you are the Principal Applicant, they require that evidence from your wife only (sponsor) not you.

Does your wife have any family and friends on Canada, who could write her a letter and sign it? Any Facebook status showing friends expecting you guys to come back?

Keep in mind the list of evidence that IRCC requested is a guide, you are not required to provide all the documents they are mentioning except her status in Qatar. They are simply giving you an idea of what you could provide to prove intent to return, also write a letter detailing more or less a plan to relocate as a cover letter, you do not need any concrete proof in terms of buying a house in Canada, but they want to see that you have a plan at least.

Do some school searches, apply for schools, Indeed is a great website to apply for jobs, I will provide you the list of evidence I submitted and was approved in 5 months. Keep in mind you do not need the exact same documents I submitted but this is to give you an idea.

Chat log messages with friends about our intent to return,

Copy of current E2 visa expiration showing date,

Letter of invitation, (from family simply signed)

Offer of employment,

Canadian TD bank account showing statements and transactions,

Cost of living chart, (google research)

Rental property searches, (google research)

Moving company email quote, (quoting moving companies)

Spouse’s job application, (indeed job application history)

Spouses Seneca college acceptance letter from (2017), showing we intended to move earlier but delayed it.

Last edited: