+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We Mailed our application YESTERDAY, NOW What????

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Hey guys, so we finally mailed our inland spousal application! We feel so free but now of course I am freaking out an second guessing everything, thinking if we sent all that was needed and enough documents yada yada!

So what should we expect now? Is there anything we should be doing, preparing?

Thanks so much :)

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Hi mimi,

Our timelines are really close :)

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/december-2012-applicantsthis-is-your-thread-t127077.0.html
This is the official December thread. Please send me your details and I can add you to the spreadsheet

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mimi263 said:
Hey guys, so we finally mailed our inland spousal application! We feel so free but now of course I am freaking out an second guessing everything, thinking if we sent all that was needed and enough documents yada yada!

So what should we expect now? Is there anything we should be doing, preparing?

Thanks so much :)
If you're inland - now you need to sit back and relax! :) first stage inland takes about 6 months, so you won't hear anything from CIC for the first 6 months... might as well think about something else until summer comes around! :)
Freaking out is normal... but see it that way: there is nothing you can do about it now. When CIC opens your application, either you're missing something, and they will ask for it, or you're not, and then they'll approve you. But until they contact you - nothing to do for you, because even if you thought about something else, since you don't have a file number, it would be best not to send anything because it might get lost... so just wait for CIC!

I also recommend joining the Inland 2012 thread, as you'll find people with similar timeline... Outland is much fast for first stage, so you might find it frustrating to see people hearing from CIC really fast, but second stage can get really slow for some VOs...

Inland 2012 is there http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/inland-applications-2012-t90875.1845.html

Good luck, and be patient!
Sweden

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
mimi263

You may find the Inland 2012 spreadsheet more applicable to your timeline. Take a look and let me know if you wish to be added. The link is attached

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Thanks Sweden! Appreciate it, my other concern is my husband is a failed refugee claimant, we got the denied papers in August and so his Lawyer is putting in the appeal but if they don't communicate for another 6 months can they deport my husband before our application goes through? I'm reading about AIPs does that allow my Hunny to stay and how can we apply for that? Also will they use his refugee claim against him in our sponsorship?

Sorry for all the questions, just so much to think abouy

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Sorry - I don't know the answer to that, I hope that a more senior member will chime in and give you answer.
Good luck,
Sweden

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
mimi263 said:
Thanks Sweden! Appreciate it, my other concern is my husband is a failed refugee claimant, we got the denied papers in August and so his Lawyer is putting in the appeal but if they don't communicate for another 6 months can they deport my husband before our application goes through? I'm reading about AIPs does that allow my Hunny to stay and how can we apply for that? Also will they use his refugee claim against him in our sponsorship?

Sorry for all the questions, just so much to think abouy
Hey mimi...let me give u some hope
My wife's refugee claim was denied on november 2011. Then we appealed to the fedral court...as u may now the appeal has also 2 stages....the first stage is about 4 month ( application for leave) applicants have 14% chance to pass this first stage....the secone stage of appeal is 4 to 5 month(hearing at the federal court)...so most probably you will get the first stage approval of ur sponsorship around the same time that u get the answer for the first stage of ur appeal case... The AIP letter is good enough for cbsa to stop the deportation process...
You dont apply for AIP....that is a letter that u will receive from cic upon approval of your first stage of sponsor application
From what i have heard from lawyers..as a failed refugee you may have ur file transFerred from Alberta to a local office for furthrr aSsessment before they issue u the first stage approval (AIP)

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Thanks guys! :)

So was it the correct thing to write his client ID on our application receipt, he had one issued from his claim?

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
mimi263 said:
Thanks guys! :)

So was it the correct thing to write his client ID on our application receipt, he had one issued from his claim?
Yes you did the right thing...i know what u mean exactly...the application has a box asking for your (sponsor) client id...but you dont have any as of yet..so you can just use your husband client id to Fill out that box....You eventually get your own client id in a mail/email. (AOR) in about 110 days later.

mimi263

Star Member
Aug 13, 2012
Kayvanblue said:
Yes you did the right thing...i know what u mean exactly...the application has a box asking for your (sponsor) client id...but you dont have any as of yet..so you can just use your husband client id to Fill out that box....You eventually get your own client id in a mail/email. (AOR) in about 110 days later.
Awesome thanks so much! Waiting game begins