+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

we intend to live in Alberta but they say my wife should apply for CSQ .

Haythamov

May 26, 2014
Following the letter CIC has sent us in May 15th 2014 which confirms the admission of the sponsership file of my wife. CIC has asked us to submit an application for commitment to the provincial government of Quebec CSQ, I have the honor to request you to kindly explain to me how come the making of a request for commitment to the Quebec government, knowing me , my wife and my child will land in the Province of Ontario and Alberta directly as indicated in my application (see IMM5540F : Question 11 : Where will you be you installed on your return to Canada : Answer: Calgary Alberta and IMM1344F: Declaration of residence of respondent : As soon as my husband, and my children are permanent residents, I intend to live : I've checked the box : in a province or territory other than Quebec )

Logically speaking , my wife will not need a CSQ, since she will not reside there at all. Against my arguments regarding the infeasibility for my wife ( the sponsor ) for a selection certificate Quebec are summarized as follows:

- Quebec requires us to complete Form A - 0539 -F: Declaration of the abroad, which states that the guarant (myself ) should commit to living in Quebec when the sponsored (my wife ) will get his permanent resident status . This is absurd since we do not count on putting one foot in this province.

- Our file submitted to CIC includes an affidavit that says we'll land and live in Calgary, Alberta. It is contradictory to declare a place in the application of CIC and another in provincial demand.

- According to the checklist for sponsoring my wife in 2014 ( the first point of the second page ): we must provide a proof of Quebec address. This is absurd since I live outside Canada since September 2012. (Canadian resident living abroad)
Please accept my best regards and explain to me what I should do.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Now sure why this is. But one question to ask. Was Quebec your last known address before moving out of Canada? It could be that they were using your last known canadian address on file.

Haythamov

May 26, 2014
Yes; my last address was in Quebec !! But when we filled out the forms, we said we will live in Alberta and signed an engagement to CIC ! so how could we sign another and say we will live in Quebec and sign another engagement ?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Haythamov said:
Yes; my last address was in Quebec !! But when we filled out the forms, we said we will live in Alberta and signed an engagement to CIC ! so how could we sign another and say we will live in Quebec and sign another engagement ?
I think this is due to people trying to by-pass the CSQ requirement by saying they will live elsewhere outside quebec when they have no intention to moving outside quebec to avoid the CSQ requirement step. In other words try to avoid delays due to CSQ.

They land in Toronto airport and then drive home to quebec. Not saying a lot of people do this but I think that is why CIC is doing this. To close the loophole to ex-quebec residents completing outland.

Haythamov

May 26, 2014
Thanks for your response, but i lived in Quebec for 6 years and I used to work for Revenu Quebec, but now i really want to move somewhere else with my family. Our problem is that we don't want to be stuck in Quebec ! I have another question if you don't mind, do we have to pay the 269 $ extra fees right away with the application?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Haythamov said:
Thanks for your response, but i lived in Quebec for 6 years and I used to work for Revenu Quebec, but now i really want to move somewhere else with my family. Our problem is that we are afraid to apply for the CSQ for my wife and then be stuck is Quebec ! I have another question if you don't mind, do we have to pay the 269 $ extra fees right away with the application?
If you apply for the CSQ you are not required to live in Quebec at all. If there is any chance at all that you might come to Quebec, then it is best to have the CSQ and be ready. You won't have to live there or anything else. You can come and land and say hello to friends/family and then move away to wherever you want.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I do not think you should have to apply for a CSQ, based on what I understand. (See my replies in the other thread in which you asked about this). Further, I do not believe it's appropriate to apply for the CSQ, as you obviously cannot commit to the things Québec asks you to commit to.

The problem is that it's very, very hard to get a straight answer out of CIC. You can call the call centre, but the representatives there are notoriously undependable and unhelpful.

You stated that you said in your app you would be settling in Alberta. What did you include to show proof of that intent to CIC? I know that's a very frustrating aspect of an outland application, as you can't make definite plans until you know when your wife can accompany you to Canada. Do you have any family already in Alberta? Friends? Did anyone write a letter to state that they're aware of your plans to return? Did you do any research on schools or finding homes or employment that you can document and send to CIC?

I wonder if they simply don't believe you're going to Alberta.

One thing I do know is that getting a CSQ in no way limits you to living within Québec. It's easy for those who land in Québec to go to other provinces, though this is not the case in reverse (not having a CSQ in Québec would cramp a PR's style pretty hard).

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
You have to pay the $269 for the CSQ when you submit the undertaking to Québec's MICC. If I remember correctly, there's a form you fill out and list your credit card number. They charge the card when they get the undertaking application and start to process it. But it's definitely paid directly to MICC, NOT to CIC.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
We had something kinda similar, my other half is French Canadian and has lived in Montreal for years until recently when she came to Alberta to live and work with me

When we submitted our app we included her Alberta work contract and her current home address in Alberta but also included her Quebec address for mailing purposes

It took 95 days for her to get approved as my sponsor!! And the only reason we could see why from our notes was because they were deciding if she needed csq, luckily because of her ab work contract and current living address they decided we did not need it.

Basically what I'm trying to say is if you provided a Quebec address and you are workin in Quebec then whether or not you want to live in Quebec you will have to get csq as you have provided no proof of being in any other province

So if I were you get csq quick and send it off or you may end up waiting a long time like we did!

Haythamov

May 26, 2014
Hi again :) we heard good news from CIC, they cancelled their request for the CSQ after sending them a letter (a fax ) with our arguments :) Thx all for your explanations :)

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Hooray, congrats! So once in a *GREAT* while, CIC actually does something logical. After screwing around for a while first to waste time.

Haythamov

May 26, 2014
Thx :) i read the letter about 10 times because i couldnt believe that they will change their decision,hahaha they even changed the Agent treating our file :) he did two mistakes, the CSQ thing + the date of the letter " he wrote June 10th 2013, and we were in may at that time. !!! CIC could make mistakes !!!
I have one question, my PR file is sent to paris to be treated, so what to expect next ?

how could i modify my status and update it ?

Lhaynne

Jan 10, 2019
Hi again :) we heard good news from CIC, they cancelled their request for the CSQ after sending them a letter (a fax ) with our arguments :) Thx all for your explanations :)
hi, I am in the same situation. May I know how you argued about this? Thanks.