+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We have been married for 7 years but we have lived apart for 4...

junksy

Sep 26, 2011
Hello There,

Me and my wife have been married for 7 years but we have been living apart for 4... We got married in Canada, I went to Canada as a refugee claimant and got rejected back in 2001. I have met my wife in 2004, got married in 2005, but since 2002 i had lived in Canada illegaly beacause of my refusal as a refugee claimant. We have left Canada at the end of 2006 to live abroad, but unfortunatelly i made a mistake and did not report at the airport that im leaving the country so as far as i know im still under deportation order and cannot go back to Canada. Im from Hungary, normally i would not need a Visa. In 2008 me and my wife got separated, but we still remained friends and remained close to each other, she visited me in Hungary at the end of 2009, unfortunately we were not be able to meet in person since then, which is close to three years now. But we talk a lot via skype and we feel like we would like to give our relationship another chance. My main question would be how difficult the process might be now since i am deported and he have been apart for four year now but we are still married....

Thank You...

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
junksy said:
Hello There,

Me and my wife have been married for 7 years but we have been living apart for 4... We got married in Canada, I went to Canada as a refugee claimant and got rejected back in 2001. I have met my wife in 2004, got married in 2005, but since 2002 i had lived in Canada illegaly beacause of my refusal as a refugee claimant. We have left Canada at the end of 2006 to live abroad, but unfortunatelly i made a mistake and did not report at the airport that im leaving the country so as far as i know im still under deportation order and cannot go back to Canada. Im from Hungary, normally i would not need a Visa. In 2008 me and my wife got separated, but we still remained friends and remained close to each other, she visited me in Hungary at the end of 2009, unfortunately we were not be able to meet in person since then, which is close to three years now. But we talk a lot via skype and we feel like we would like to give our relationship another chance. My main question would be how difficult the process might be now since i am deported and he have been apart for four year now but we are still married....

Thank You...
Hi Junksy, I think I can answer your questions because it was a very similar situation with my husbands case who is also originally from Hungary also. He moved to Canada in 2001 and applied for refugee status but it got denied and stayed a few years illegally before getting deported out of Canada. Before finally deciding to move back to Europe, he didnt bother to check out at immigration at the airport. I met my husband in 2010 while on a work visa in Europe and we decided to get married in Ireland and we had our reception in Canada. However, when we returned back to Canada, he was deported back to London(Original port of entry) to clear his deportation. So now finally his record is cleared and we are working on getting papers for him to immigrate to Canada. What you need to do is go to your Canadian High Commisioner office and ask for a form called "Authorization to return to Canada" This form normally takes a good few months to recieve and you also need to have an interview with the High Commisioner and costs 400dollars. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions as we went thru the same situation:)

junksy

Sep 26, 2011
Hello Kaede1977,

Thank You for the reply... Yes looks like our cases are very similar indeed... So let me ask did Your husband know he was deported when he tried to get back to Canada? What happened at the airport? Did he get arrested? Did he get the advice he needs to apply a deportation clearance first then You can apply for sponsorship? Right now im living in Northern Ireland so looks like i have to submit my application from London as well. Do You know what to expect at the High commissioner interview? Well we were thinking to submit the sponsorship application first then see how the CIC will react and if they ask us for a deportation clearance. Thanks again for the reply and good luck to You!!!!!

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
junksy said:
Hello Kaede1977,

Thank You for the reply... Yes looks like our cases are very similar indeed... So let me ask did Your husband know he was deported when he tried to get back to Canada? What happened at the airport? Did he get arrested? Did he get the advice he needs to apply a deportation clearance first then You can apply for sponsorship? Right now im living in Northern Ireland so looks like i have to submit my application from London as well. Do You know what to expect at the High commissioner interview? Well we were thinking to submit the sponsorship application first then see how the CIC will react and if they ask us for a deportation clearance. Thanks again for the reply and good luck to You!!!!!
Hiya Junksy...When my husband got denied for refugee status, it was right around the same time he moved to a different house and they probably sent him a letter in the mail but because he moved, he never actually got the letter of deporation. So after our wedding in Dublin, when we flew into Canada for our wedding reception, he was arrested and deported at Vancouver International Airport because he didnt bother to check out at immigration before he left Canada. At the time, he never thought he would ever move back, so he didnt see the point to check out but because he didnt know he had to check out, he was on an inadmissible list and they had a search warrant on his name because they thought he was still living illegally in Canada. Meanwhile, I was freaking out since it was only a week til our reception and we had guests arriving from Ireland, Japan and other parts of Canada...We are so thankful that he was able to get the "Authorization to Return to Canada" just in time for our reception but it normally does take a few months!!! During the interview, they asked why he didnt check out at immigration and also what the reason is for wanting to go back to Canada they ask about your relationship to make sure its genuine ( The High Commisioner actually called me in Canada to make sure our stories were accurate) Before you submit your application to immigrate to Canada, im quite sure you need to clear your deporation first!!! So your best thing to do is print out this form from the internet along with 4-6 photos and 250GBP cash (they dont accept cards) and book flights to London but make sure you get to the Canadian High Commision Office as early as possible as the lines are crazy!! Btw, which city were you living in Canada?

junksy

Sep 26, 2011
Hello Kaede1977

We used to live in Toronto, my wife still lives there... So how did You guys do it? Your husband is in Canada now i quess... Did you have Your reception finally? No more freak-outs i hope.... :p

Im still not sure what would be the best way here... my wife talked to a lawyer and he said we should send in the sponsorship papers first and then see if the CIC will ask for that deportation removal process... So let me ask how long did it take to go through the deportation removal process??

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
If you are applying for PR, you should submit the ARC as part of your application and they will handle it at the same time.

If you are applying to come to Canada for any reason, (visiting, studying, working or immigrating),you should not submit a separate application for an ARC. If your application is approved, the ARC will be dealt within the context of that application. You will simply be asked to submit the fee.
Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
junksy said:
Hello Kaede1977

We used to live in Toronto, my wife still lives there... So how did You guys do it? Your husband is in Canada now i quess... Did you have Your reception finally? No more freak-outs i hope.... :p

Im still not sure what would be the best way here... my wife talked to a lawyer and he said we should send in the sponsorship papers first and then see if the CIC will ask for that deportation removal process... So let me ask how long did it take to go through the deportation removal process??
Hi Junksy, yes-I would follow your lawyer's advice and take it from there:) my husband was also living in Toronto so possibly you might know each other or have mutual friends...we are currently living in Dublin Ireland, waiting for our papers to be approved then we will move back to Canada as soon as possible!! I wish you all the best and good luck!!

junksy

Sep 26, 2011
I wish all the best for You as well... Thank You again for all the good advices.... I You dont mind we could keep in touch to see each other's progress.. Unfortunately we still have to wait a couple week to start the process... And looks like i have to get a police certificate from St Maarten as well which is a nightmare... All the best again... Smiley

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
junksy said:
I wish all the best for You as well... Thank You again for all the good advices.... I You dont mind we could keep in touch to see each other's progress.. Unfortunately we still have to wait a couple week to start the process... And looks like i have to get a police certificate from St Maarten as well which is a nightmare... All the best again... Smiley
Sounds great, yes lets definitely stay in touch:)