+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"We are reviewing the additional documents you provided." but actually I did not send anything to them. What is going on?

lcincanada

Jan 25, 2021
Today, I found that the status of "Review of additional documents" turned into "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided." in my GCkey account. But in fact, I never received any request for additional documents from them since my application was submitted, and I did not send anything to them before. So, I am confused about what is going on now.

BTW, my application is a spousal sponsorship and has been stuck in background check for 3 years. Originally, I was feeling hopeless and ready to give up. But this change I discovered today has sparked my curiosity. Could it be related to my background check?

Joey-Jo

Mar 18, 2024
Three years seems a very long time to wait for a background check to complete. Have you tried contacting IRCC to find out if there are any issues stalling it? Also, when you say "additional documents", do you also mean additional supporting documents such as photos evidencing your marriage, written evidence/correspondence, social text messages, etc etc. Did you never supply any of this information in your original application?