+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'We are reviewing results of your medical exam' - what does this imply?

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
I had no responses form the Canadian side even when after I requested for GCMS notes. So I thought I'd try my luck by writing to the clinic to check if any follow up was needed and guess what? the clinic got back saying they needed to do an additional test - I am guessing they got this input from IRCC a couple of months ago but they never bothered reaching out until I reached out to them. So I'd ask you to double check with your clinic as well.

Good luck!
Hey thanks much for your response. It really helps. I will be sure to check with the clinic on this. If I may ask, in which country dud you take your medical exam?

Librankris

Sep 17, 2018
Okay but form the reading in forums, i thoaight we will get an email or ADR for additional medical testing. Anyhow, much appreciate your response and good luck to you as well. Keep in this forum on your medical status and PR process.
I was under the exact same impression which is why I never bothered reaching out to the clinic in the first place. But looks like there was a miss on IRCCs part as well where they never did inform me if they needed additional information and them relying on the clinic to get back to the applicant diligently - clearly it didn't work. what's your AoR if you don't mind me asking?

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
I was under the exact same impression which is why I never bothered reaching out to the clinic in the first place. But looks like there was a miss on IRCCs part as well where they never did inform me if they needed additional information and them relying on the clinic to get back to the applicant diligently - clearly it didn't work. what's your AoR if you don't mind me asking?
No problem. AOR is jan 14 2019. I did call them twice and submitted a webform to check if I need anything with medical, all I was told none. Surprisingly your GCMS also had no clue which is was I raised last week and waiting now. My family medical was done in India and mine in Canada. Let me call here first and then to india.

Librankris

Sep 17, 2018
No problem. AOR is jan 14 2019. I did call them twice and submitted a webform to check if I need anything with medical, all I was told none. Surprisingly your GCMS also had no clue which is was I raised last week and waiting now. My family medical was done in India and mine in Canada. Let me call here first and then to india.
My AOR is 27 Nov 2018 - issue is my GCMS hasn't been released yet so I had no way of knowing where it was stuck - its been about 70 days now. The webform responses weren't helpful either - I am so glad I wrote to check with the clinic yesterday else I'd still be waiting clueless about what the hold up was.

Aug 16, 2016
Hi all,
The status of medical for my application now shows as' we are reviewing results of your medical exam'

This changed only today and so far no new message/ email request.

With my application as per norm I had to send my stepsons medical. We have send all other documentation for not sending his medical as he won't be accompanying us now or in future.

Does the above status of medical got to do anything with his medical?
Shall I expect any further request from CIC on this? How long in normal scenario would this status change?
Anyone with expert knowledge please advise.
Hi there,

Can you please tell me what finally happened after the status was changed?

Aug 16, 2016
Hi all,

I am stuck on the same thing "We are reviewing you medical exam......". I got my AOR on 11th Sep and since one and a half month my status is same. I am having a dependent child in my case whose medical I have not submitted but I have submitted all the other documents as a proof about why I am not able to provide the medical of my dependent child.

Can anyone with some similar case throw some light about when I expect to have a change in my medical. Should I wait more. I am planning to apply for GCMS notes after 10-15 days. I have not received any email from the CIC requesting any ADR or re-submission of medical. My e-medical report is also correct means no mistake in my name, DOB, etc.
Hi did you get any update on your medical status?

Aug 16, 2016
Hey hi there
I know it’s a very old post for you
But I am facing a similar situation and I needed more information on that so I thought of contacting you
I have also applied for my permanent residency application and I got my AOR last month
I was now waiting for my medical request
But today I noticed that my status on mycic changed from you do not need medical to “ we are reviewing the results of your medical exam”
So now this is very wierd because I have not received any email regarding medical request
So what does this mean
Hey there, what is the status of your medicals?

Aug 16, 2016
Hey everyone,

I have applied under CEC Inland- EAPR : Nov 29th
Medicals status changed to 'You passed the medical exam' : Jan 7th
Medical status changed to ' You do not need a medical exam. We will let you know if we need more information': Jan 31st
Medical status changed to 'We are reviewing the results of your medical exam' : May 16th
Expected processing complete date is May 28th.

Called up CIC and they said:- All other processing(Background, eligibility, criminality, security and work experience) is complete. The officer is reviewing the medical results.

Now, my spouse arrived in Canada last year and I submitted his same medical(Work permit) which was valid till Jan 31st, 2019. My medicals are valid till November 2019 so the review is for my spouse for sure. His medical expired on Jan 31st and EAPR was Nov 29th so medicals were valid at the time of submission.
My timeline says 3 days left. Would I get an medical extension or should I plan for re-medical for him???
Also, can I submit a new medical even though I haven't been asked for it???

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
Hey everyone,

I have applied under CEC Inland- EAPR : Nov 29th
Medicals status changed to 'You passed the medical exam' : Jan 7th
Medical status changed to ' You do not need a medical exam. We will let you know if we need more information': Jan 31st
Medical status changed to 'We are reviewing the results of your medical exam' : May 16th
Expected processing complete date is May 28th.

Called up CIC and they said:- All other processing(Background, eligibility, criminality, security and work experience) is complete. The officer is reviewing the medical results.

Now, my spouse arrived in Canada last year and I submitted his same medical(Work permit) which was valid till Jan 31st, 2019. My medicals are valid till November 2019 so the review is for my spouse for sure. His medical expired on Jan 31st and EAPR was Nov 29th so medicals were valid at the time of submission.
My timeline says 3 days left. Would I get an medical extension or should I plan for re-medical for him???
Also, can I submit a new medical even though I haven't been asked for it???[/QU
Hi. They will ask for remedial If they need one. Usually if the medical was active at ur time of AOR, you are good. Also, if you would prefer, you can still take a remedial and submit the results in webform. I am in the same boat where my spouse medicals expired after AOR and the medical status says we are reviewing the..... I am waiting for them to ask for a remedial. Good luck to you.

Reactions: CANADIANFOREVER
Aug 16, 2016
Hi. They will ask for remedial If they need one. Usually if the medical was active at ur time of AOR, you are good. Also, if you would prefer, you can still take a remedial and submit the results in webform. I am in the same boat where my spouse medicals expired after AOR and the medical status says we are reviewing the..... I am waiting for them to ask for a remedial. Good luck to you.[/QUOT

Thank you! What's your EAPR date? and did you redo your spouse's medical?

Aug 16, 2016
Also, I know that the visa officer needs to take an extension if the medicals have been expired. I called up CIC twice and specifically asked for medical status. They said that there is no mention of remedical in the notes. If my all other processing is complete than its obvious that medical is the only thing stopping them from finalizing the application. I am also aware that sometimes they take months to ask for remedical. Not sure why they updated that status two weeks before the deadline of the processing.

sureshcoim

Nov 20, 2017
Get the GCMS notes that will clarify where exactly the case status and progress is. Yes, they can extend the expired medicals if needed.

Aug 16, 2016
Get the GCMS notes that will clarify where exactly the case status and progress is. Yes, they can extend the expired medicals if needed.
Thank you and yes I have applied for GCMS 10 days ago and also rebooking medical dates next week.
Once 6 months are over, there is no guarantee or timeline to know the ETA on PPR. Called cic twice already but no help except they ask to wait. Its really frustrating :(
Last question:- Any issues with taking remedical without CIC asking for it?