+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WE ARE READY TO ISSUE YOUR VISA(S)

ramcis

Nov 30, 2007
Hi Guys,

Few weeks ago i got married and recently received email from immigration officer with letter titled as "WE ARE READY TO ISSUE YOUR VISA(S)" asking for my passport, photos and fee. Letter states "Your visa(s) are only valid if all of your dependent have been declared and examined". I was unmarried at the time when i sent my medical, police report etc.

Anyone please tell me what should i do and what is going to happen because of change in status right before final step? Will my spouse have to go for medical exam and get police report etc?

Regards

smth24

May 15, 2014
ramcis said:
Hi Guys,

Few weeks ago i got married and recently received email from immigration officer with letter titled as "WE ARE READY TO ISSUE YOUR VISA(S)" asking for my passport, photos and fee. Letter states "Your visa(s) are only valid if all of your dependent have been declared and examined". I was unmarried at the time when i sent my medical, police report etc.

Anyone please tell me what should i do and what is going to happen because of change in status right before final step? Will my spouse have to go for medical exam and get police report etc?

Regards
You have to contact CIC immediately and declare your change in marital status. Do not attempt to land without declaring your spouse, otherwise you will not be able to sponsor your spouse in the future.

Yes your spouse have to undergo medical and criminality check before you can do your landing.