+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We are 7, I got 6 PR cards, and my daughter's is missing, any suggestions?

eggroup

May 7, 2010
I landed in Canada on 24th of june 2010, me, my wife and 5 children, last week we got all our PR cards, except for my daugther who is 15 years old.

I tried to go through e-CAS with her Client ID no. but with no success, the e-CAS responded only with my no. and said that I became a PR already.

My questions are:

1. What is the cause of such case?

2.Can I go online in somes services to check for her status?

3. Is somebody elso got the same problem, and how it was resolved?

I couldn't call CIC as I am outside of Canada now, and thier number is only reached from inside Canada.

Thanks alot for all.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard of one family where the one daughters PR card came 3 or 4 months later than the rest. There is a number to call CIC from outside Canada. It's floating around on this board somewhere. You could also get somebody to know in Canada to hook you up using 3 way calling.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure if that is the one but I have seen a couple of people post a different number here from the call centre number that only works within Canada. If you have one, why not try it?

Oluwamide

Feb 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your post strikes me as extremely timely and speaks somewhat to my current situation. But before I go on tell your wife to call CIC toll free numbers preferably between 8 and 9 a.m.(when the numbers are less busy) to ask about the challenge with your daugthers PR card.They will attend to her because your daughter is below the age of 18 yrs. Your case is not in any way difficult to manage,cause it's not your own card that is missing from the pack.

My family landed in April and our PR Cards arrived on 16th June,2010. The only snag is that my card was missing from the six cards expected for the whole family.

After several failed attenpts,my wife eventually got formal feedback that my card was not included because there was problem with the photograph I submitted. I have been asked to come to CIC Toronto office IN PERSON with passport photographs that meet CIC standard specification(which was sent to my wife online).

The biggest challenge for me however is that I left Canada 5 days before the PR cards arrived because of the need to attend to a family emergency in my home country. I am now confused about how to enter Canada without a PR Card . A friend has suggested coming in through the US in a private car with my Confirmation of Permanent Residence papers.Though I have checked this plausible option on the net,I am scared about being denied entry by any officious Immigration Officer.

Someone also suggested applying for a travel document through the Canadian Embassy in my home country.This option though a bit comforting ,will confirm to CIC that I actually left Canada without my PR card.

Will appreciate advise of people in the community on the following questions:

1. Is there any way i can send the right photographs without psysically visiting the CIC office in Toronto

2. I i must return to Canada which option is the best: Is it entering through US border with landing documents or applying for a travel document

3. Is there a strict deadline within which I must return to Canada(A friend said i must return within 6 months)

4. Will my absence affect my wife or kids in anyway negatively(in relation to accessing any Government welfare package).We applied for child benefits together and my wife is yet to receive a positive response from Revenue Canada

5. Any other relevant counsel that can help my situation

Thanks immensely

Curiously Waiting for Responses

omareladl

Aug 25, 2010
Hi, I have the same experience, and I was obliged due to family reasons to go outside Canada before recieving the PR, however, before leaving Canada, I got an official reply from the CIC that I can return back to canda for one time only by using what is called "travelling document" which can be obtained from Canadian embssy by showing them form "IMM 5292", i.e. the carbon copy paper gave to you by the airport officer which including your Client ID # and your Doc. #

samdxb

Star Member
Jun 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
1 june letter dated 25 may
VISA ISSUED...
sent on 8 june, stamped 17 june, recieved 28 june
LANDED..........
26 july Inshallah
waiting for PRC...hope i get it soon