+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We applied together for CUAET, my wife got approval but I'm still waiting

Farooq55

Oct 28, 2016
Hi,
I need help from someone who can address my questions, me and wife applied for CUAET visit visa, my wife got approval but I'm waiting since 15th of August, what's the normal practice when we apply together, is it possible one family member visa will be approved and other denied? I was expecting the response at the same time for both visa applications. Please anyone can explain about this

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
I need help from someone who can address my questions, me and wife applied for CUAET visit visa, my wife got approval but I'm waiting since 15th of August, what's the normal practice when we apply together, is it possible one family member visa will be approved and other denied? I was expecting the response at the same time for both visa applications. Please anyone can explain about this
This is pretty normal right now. They have high volumes of applications to process and all family members aren't necessarily approved at once. There should be no reason why you would be refused assuming you are admissible to Canada. Unfortunately there's not much you can do but wait.

Farooq55

Oct 28, 2016
This is pretty normal right now. They have high volumes of applications to process and all family members aren't necessarily approved at once. There should be no reason why you would be refused assuming you are admissible to Canada. Unfortunately there's not much you can do but wait.
Many thanks indeed for your reply, my wife is reluctant to travel alone so it's okay if i wait for my approval too and we travel together? Although I'm foreign national and i also applied for open work permit in my application, IRCC has mentioned on twitter that application that includes work permit and other nationality can take longer, so this could be a possible reason too for delay?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Many thanks indeed for your reply, my wife is reluctant to travel alone so it's okay if i wait for my approval too and we travel together? Although I'm foreign national and i also applied for open work permit in my application, IRCC has mentioned on twitter that application that includes work permit and other nationality can take longer, so this could be a possible reason too for delay?
Yes, your wife can wait and you can travel together.

Did you apply for an open work permit under the CUAET program? If you applied under the CUAET program, your application should be finalized relatively soon.

Farooq55

Oct 28, 2016
Yes, your wife can wait and you can travel together.

Did you apply for an open work permit under the CUAET program? If you applied under the CUAET program, your application should be finalized relatively soon.
Yes i applied work permit under CUAET, even i was principal applicant. I don't why they are taking so long. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes i applied work permit under CUAET, even i was principal applicant. I don't why they are taking so long. Thanks
I can't help any further other than the information I have already provided. Based on what I've seen others are experiencing the same thing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is a huge backlog. Some have waited for months. There is currently at least 100k waiting for processing. The fact that you have citizenship elsewhere and may be able to relocate there requires more investigation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There is a huge backlog. Some have waited for months. There is currently at least 100k waiting for processing. The fact that you have citizenship elsewhere and may be able to relocate there requires more investigation.
It doesn't actually. As long as someone is married to a Ukrainian passport holder or is in a common law relationship, they automatically qualify. The fact that person can relocate elsewhere is irrelevant and not a factor in the decision.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It doesn't actually. As long as someone is married to a Ukrainian passport holder or is in a common law relationship, they automatically qualify. The fact that person can relocate elsewhere is irrelevant and not a factor in the decision.
OP mentionned that foreigners were going through more extensive processing. I have seen other cases on this forum where the foreigner partner’s application went through longer processing. I remember a case where the Peruvian embassy was not willing to guarantee approval. In that case the family was all in Peru already. Given the volume of applicants and the struggle they are having finding permanent housing, childcare, etc. there may be the need to look at whether families have other options and prioritize those who don’t have any other options because they only have Ukrainian citizenship. Currently there have not been any announcements about any changes to the policy but it is also pretty clear that Canada can’t accept an unlimited number of Ukrainians when we can’t handle the current arrivals. We are just opening up hotels around the country to house the homeless, refugees claimants, Afghan refugee claimants and Ukranians who are often staying past the 2 weeks they are technically entitled to from the federal government because unable to find housing, The attempt for this to be primarily a work permit has shifted to substantial monetary help so that may also become a factor. In general the whole immigration system is dealing with huge numbers but hasn’t had investments to allow IRCC to process so many more applications from Ukrainians to students, to citizens, etc.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
OP mentionned that foreigners were going through more extensive processing. I have seen other cases on this forum where the foreigner partner’s application went through longer processing. I remember a case where the Peruvian embassy was not willing to guarantee approval. In that case the family was all in Peru already. Given the volume of applicants and the struggle they are having finding permanent housing, childcare, etc. there may be the need to look at whether families have other options and prioritize those who don’t have any other options because they only have Ukrainian citizenship. Currently there have not been any announcements about any changes to the policy but it is also pretty clear that Canada can’t accept an unlimited number of Ukrainians when we can’t handle the current arrivals. We are just opening up hotels around the country to house the homeless, refugees claimants, Afghan refugee claimants and Ukranians who are often staying past the 2 weeks they are technically entitled to from the federal government because unable to find housing, The attempt for this to be primarily a work permit has shifted to substantial monetary help so that may also become a factor. In general the whole immigration system is dealing with huge numbers but hasn’t had investments to allow IRCC to process so many more applications from Ukrainians to students, to citizens, etc.
I get it. If there's something negative to say, you'll say it.

Farooq55

Oct 28, 2016
So it means, they will not process the foreigners spouses applications? And they will keep waiting because technically they are eligible as they have Ukrainian spouse? On technical grounds everyone who's Ukrainian spouse they are eligible but no one knows what's going on in background.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So it means, they will not process the foreigners spouses applications? And they will keep waiting because technically they are eligible as they have Ukrainian spouse? On technical grounds everyone who's Ukrainian spouse they are eligible but no one knows what's going on in background.
Canada can’t deal with the volume of applicants and can’t absorb so many people especially in a short period of time. There will be delays and there may be changes to the program. Although Canada said they’d accept an unlimitted amount of people I don’t think they expected so many applicants and they also were hopeful that many would transition to being able to support themselves financially much quicker. In general when it comes to asylum or this program the priority will always be those with no other legal entitlement for resettlement.

hammadpervez6

Nov 14, 2022
Please answer to my question. I have never been to Ukraine, but I have been in an online relationship with a Ukrainian national for 4 years and on 17 August 2022 we got married. I applied Ukraine visa, but It was rejected due to war and political reasons. Furthermore, I appealed my rejection to Ukraine, but they again refused it because of WAR.
So, Do I qualify for CUAET Canada program?
Which country is the easiest one to be with my spouse?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Please answer to my question. I have never been to Ukraine, but I have been in an online relationship with a Ukrainian national for 4 years and on 17 August 2022 we got married. I applied Ukraine visa, but It was rejected due to war and political reasons. Furthermore, I appealed my rejection to Ukraine, but they again refused it because of WAR.
So, Do I qualify for CUAET Canada program?
Which country is the easiest one to be with my spouse?
How did you get married? Did you get married online?

How much time have you spent together in person?

hammadpervez6

Nov 14, 2022
@scylla , She came to Pakistan, and we got court marriage happily. Her family knows me and we are happy with our relationship. there's only age different, but nothing else.