+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ways to gain valid ID in BC

Andreaajj

Jul 22, 2021
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and not sure if I'm posting in the correct area but thought I'd give it a try.
Here is my situation:
I currently hold 0 forms of any valid ID. I have let my passport expire, I've lost my citizenship card (never had certificate), I have an expired drivers license from 2014.

Due to this I'm not able to much in many aspects of my life due to my own carelessness. I have applied for proof of citizenship which will take roughly 15 months as per processing times. My question now is.. is there anything else I can do in the meantime?

I live in BC. I feel so stuck and frustrated..

Andrea

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and not sure if I'm posting in the correct area but thought I'd give it a try.
Here is my situation:
I currently hold 0 forms of any valid ID. I have let my passport expire, I've lost my citizenship card (never had certificate), I have an expired drivers license from 2014.

Due to this I'm not able to much in many aspects of my life due to my own carelessness. I have applied for proof of citizenship which will take roughly 15 months as per processing times. My question now is.. is there anything else I can do in the meantime?

Andrea
What about your BC Services Card?

Reactions: scylla

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What do you need to do? In other words, what do you need the identification for?

Born in Canada? Birth certificate may be quicker.

And for some things expired docs like passport may be sufficient.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

Here is my situation:

Andrea
Have you been living in Canada this whole time and have records to prove it? Housing records, banking records with local transaction, employment records, etc.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you been living in Canada this whole time and have records to prove it? Housing records, banking records with local transaction, employment records, etc.
What with these records to prove it? What identification can one get?