+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Way too long response from new OUTLAND CASE PROCESSING CENTRE SYDNEY- NS

Robertohong

Aug 16, 2018
Hi everyone,
I live in Quebec, Montreal. My wife lives in a South East Asia country.
I have applied to sponsor my wife on 29th June 2018 and sent to a new address which would process my OUTLAND APPLICATION of CPC SYDNEY. They changed from CPC MISSISSAUGA to CPC SYDNEY to process application to sponsor spouse who lives outside Canada in June 2018. I heard that everyone else would receive notification from a Case processing centre within a month but now it has been 1 month and 15 days and I have not heard anything since then.

Does anyone suffer the same thing with us? Any helpful comments from you guys? I am so nervous.

Robert

nbcanada

Jul 23, 2018
New government office, so probably everyone there is still in the process of learning/being trained. The latest application I've heard being processed is June 18th/19th judging from the responses in the June 2018 outland app thread.

Hopefully they pick up the pace in the near future. It's pretty ridiculous how slow the entire process is.

Robertohong

Aug 16, 2018
New government office, so probably everyone there is still in the process of learning/being trained. The latest application I've heard being processed is June 18th/19th judging from the responses in the June 2018 outland app thread.

Hopefully they pick up the pace in the near future. It's pretty ridiculous how slow the entire process is.

Thank you mate for your speedy response and helpful information. I do not know why they change the address whereas everything is smoothly processed at the old address.

If you have any info, please share with us.

Thanks again.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Oh yes, now it have been 8 weeks since when the package was delivered.
Youre still within the 6-8 week range. Call cic and ask if your application is in the system or if it is being returned

Reactions: Robertohong

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,
I have applied to sponsor my wife on 29th June 2018 and sent to a new address which would process my OUTLAND APPLICATION of CPC SYDNEY. They changed from CPC MISSISSAUGA to CPC SYDNEY to process application to sponsor spouse who lives outside Canada in June 2018. I heard that everyone else would receive notification from a Case processing centre within a month but now it has been 1 month and 15 days and I have not heard anything since then.

Does anyone suffer the same thing with us? Any helpful comments from you guys? I am so nervous.

Robert
There's nothing wrong with your application and nothing was delayed. It normally takes 6-8 weeks to hear back from IRCC after your application is submitted. You're still well within these timelines. This has nothing to do with the Mississauga to Sydney switch. It was like this before as well.

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
There's nothing wrong with your application and nothing was delayed. It normally takes 6-8 weeks to hear back from IRCC after your application is submitted. You're still well within these timelines. This has nothing to do with the Mississauga to Sydney switch. It was like this before as well.
Scylla with all due respect, if you check the trackers you’ll notice that Mississauga was taking 30-45 days to issue AOR and soon after that SA email and medical request were next, whereas since the switch to Sydney AOR times have increased to 60+ days (for some applicants) and SA email and medical request have not been submitted to a single applicant (some people have been waiting a month or more just for SA email after ecas showed decisión made)

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Scylla with all due respect, if you check the trackers you’ll notice that Mississauga was taking 30-45 days to issue AOR and soon after that SA email and medical request were next, whereas since the switch to Sydney AOR times have increased to 60+ days (for some applicants) and SA email and medical request have not been submitted to a single applicant (some people have been waiting a month or more just for SA email after ecas showed decisión made)
So what?

Just because CPC M was processing quickly for a period time, it doesn't mean CPC S will be. When we applied, I got AOR in 10 days (March 2017). Shortly after, AOR timelines jumped back to 6-8 weeks.

People put too much weight on specific check points in this process. It is not linear. Some applications will get AOR before you even if they applied after you. Look at it as 12 month target, not "60 days for this", "30 days for this". There are no promised timelines here.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thank you mate for your speedy response and helpful information. I do not know why they change the address whereas everything is smoothly processed at the old address.

If you have any info, please share with us.

Thanks again.
It wasn't all that different at CPC M. It took someone 11 weeks last November to get AOR.

The trend has largely been at 8 weeks.

There was a jump in processing time when some caseload was removed off of CPC M, so it got a bit faster, but for the most part they've been pretty consistent at 6-8w.

Robertohong

Aug 16, 2018
Thank you for all of your valuable information. So until now everything is normal. I just read all the thread here and there and wonder why it is so fast. And sometimes it is so slow, However it is not the same with everyone.

as10

Jan 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

Robert
Dont worry, if u have submitted everything corretly it will be fine. it is taking 60+ days so u r not the only one

check here

https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-spousal-sponsorship-tracker

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Yeah, I wouldn’t call them until it has been 8 weeks. If over 8 weeks, call them to make sure Application was received :) but very common to wait 6-8 weeks for AOR1