+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wating on Lmia,,,,,

RUPINDER1982

Nov 24, 2014
hey, Anybody u know,i asked about for Lmia,I applied for Food supervisor LMIA,05 Oct 2014 In Alberta ( Edmonton).i Recived file 16 Oct 2014 number.After this how long take time,Please tell me,,,,,, thank u

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RUPINDER1982 said:
hey, Anybody u know,i asked about for Lmia,I applied for Food supervisor LMIA,05 Oct 2014 In Alberta ( Edmonton).i Recived file 16 Oct 2014 number.After this how long take time,Please tell me,,,,,, thank u
Hi Rupinder. After getting the file number it takes 8 weeks at the moment. You currently inside Canada ?

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
RUPINDER1982 said:
There's really no way to be sure. Could be another 8 weeks or so. Maybe less, maybe more. Seems that 12 weeks is the going time these day

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
There's really no way to be sure. Could be another 8 weeks or so. Maybe less, maybe more. Seems that 12 weeks is the going time these day
By the way, we all are waiting here Rupinder. Except one of our friend Jay Baker who finally got it:) So, hope is there..lol

I heard from one of my Edmonton employer that his LMIA is turned down after interviewing him. They told him that there is no labour shortage in Edmonton. I wonder if there is no labour shortage why are they even inviting people to apply for the LMIA.

I am feeling bit lucky in terms of job. With God's grace I have multiple job offers. So, something should be there for me at the end of day. But, I personally found it very hard to find an employer who is even happy to go through this new LMIA thing.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
fastfood said:
By the way, we all are waiting here Rupinder. Except one of our friend Jay Baker who finally got it:) So, hope is there..lol

I heard from one of my Edmonton employer that his LMIA is turned down after interviewing him. They told him that there is no labour shortage in Edmonton. I wonder if there is no labour shortage why are they even inviting people to apply for the LMIA.

I am feeling bit lucky in terms of job. With God's grace I have multiple job offers. So, something should be there for me at the end of day. But, I personally found it very hard to find an employer who is even happy to go through this new LMIA thing.
Finding an employer was exceptionally easy. I am a Chemist (specialty in paint and coatings) . It's getting the LMIA that's proving to be a huge challenge

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
Finding an employer was exceptionally easy. I am a Chemist (specialty in paint and coatings) . It's getting the LMIA that's proving to be a huge challenge
Sorry, you are right! I meant to say it is hard to find an employer who is willing to support LMIA position.

andy123

Dec 12, 2014
my employer applied for lmia in calgary for retail trade supervisor and got its file number on 25 sept...still waiting for it
does anyone knows how long it will take?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy123 said:
my employer applied for lmia in calgary for retail trade supervisor and got its file number on 25 sept...still waiting for it
does anyone knows how long it will take?
No idea. After getting file number it take about 8-10 weeks but noone know when SC wants to approve them.

A_Sidhu

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
FST
Visa Office......
India
Hii guys plz join WORK PERMIT APPLICATION WITH LMIA IN INDIA if you have got LMIA

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A_Sidhu said:
Hii guys plz join WORK PERMIT APPLICATION WITH LMIA IN INDIA if you have got LMIA
I have a question:

My employer offered me position of the Food Supervisor. She is not paying for the airfares and accomodation and she has mentioned in the LMIA application that she wont be paying for the airfare and accomodation. (which is currently in process).

When I apply for the work permit, Is it mandatory to show that employer is paying for the airfares and accomodation ?

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fastfood said:
I have a question:

My employer offered me position of the Food Supervisor. She is not paying for the airfares and accomodation and she has mentioned in the LMIA application that she wont be paying for the airfare and accomodation. (which is currently in process).

When I apply for the work permit, Is it mandatory to show that employer is paying for the airfares and accomodation ?
Only if your position is low skilled buddy.
Since your noc is 6311 which is skilled, it's not a must.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
albertasun said:
Only if your position is low skilled buddy.
Since your noc is 6311 which is skilled, it's not a must.
Thank you albertasun for your reply. You cleared my doubt.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harinder hayre said:
hi i m looking for LMIA by a long time. i didn't get yet. anybody help me in this matter.plz plz. i m in danger zone.
Where are you currently ? How much visa left ? Your current status ? Occupation.. Explain your situation in bit more detail so that someone can help you if possible!

harinder hayre

Dec 13, 2014
i m in canada. right now i just applied for my study permit to restore my status bt my ainp is still in process. so i need lmia to restore my status as worker.