+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Was your citizenship application sent to the Program Support Unit?

JGR

Jun 25, 2018
Hi everybody,

After a couple of months monitoring the citizenship applicants on this thread and observing their progress I've decided to join the spreadsheet and get a little more involved. So here's my pertinent information:

ID: JGR
App Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1097 days
App Sent: March 17, 2018
App Received: March 22, 2018
AOR: April 6, 2018
IP: June 13, 2018

Now today I received a very upsetting letter dated June 18, 2018 entitled "delayed application", and it reads: "The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application has been completed. Your file has now been referred to our Program Support Unit for a final review. This review will result in an additional delay. However, we will endeavour to finalize your application as soon as possible. You will be contacted if additional information or documents are required to complete your file."

Within 5 days of starting to process my application, they sent it to this Program Support Unit. I have no idea what this means or the reason why. I am dealing with a lot of fear right now with regards to this. I went through a lot of problems in becoming a permanent resident under the humanitarian and compassion category but eventually it worked out.

Does anyone know what this all mean?
Could they even go back and revoke my permanent residency?

Please, some input! I'm really scared.

JGR

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
Hi everybody,

After a couple of months monitoring the citizenship applicants on this thread and observing their progress I've decided to join the spreadsheet and get a little more involved. So here's my pertinent information:

ID: JGR
App Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1097 days
App Sent: March 17, 2018
App Received: March 22, 2018
AOR: April 6, 2018
IP: June 13, 2018

Now today I received a very upsetting letter dated June 18, 2018 entitled "delayed application", and it reads: "The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application has been completed. Your file has now been referred to our Program Support Unit for a final review. This review will result in an additional delay. However, we will endeavour to finalize your application as soon as possible. You will be contacted if additional information or documents are required to complete your file."

Within 5 days of starting to process my application, they sent it to this Program Support Unit. I have no idea what this means or the reason why. I am dealing with a lot of fear right now with regards to this. I went through a lot of problems in becoming a permanent resident under the humanitarian and compassion category but eventually it worked out.

Does anyone know what this all mean?
Could they even go back and revoke my permanent residency?

Please, some input! I'm really scared.

JGR
Have you requested name change? Usually they send applications with name change request to PSU.

JGR

Jun 25, 2018
Hi aililia,

Yes... and no...

I have a really long name, two first names and four last names. At some point during my permanent residency application, without my knowledge, they simply dropped three of my last names, keeping only my very last name. On my PR card it states my two given names and my very last last name. That's it. No abbreviations or anything. When I sent in my citizenship application I sent a cover letter along with it, and one of the things that I asked was to have my full name restored. So I guess I did request a name change, but I only asked to have my name restored.

Could that be it?

JGR

Reactions: ellenangeles

JGR

Jun 25, 2018
Just noticed that the letter states "citizenship certificate". Shouldn't it be referring to "grant of citizenship"?

sujan143

Aug 13, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 05/jul/16
AOR Received.
28-05-2016
File Transfer...
14/07/2016
Med's Done....
05-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2016
LANDED..........
30-12-2016
Mine is a name change issue as well it was sent to program support unit does anyone have any update ?