+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

was arrested but the case dismissed and no criminal record

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello folks,
my friend just applied for the citizenship. he was arrested because of fraud check but the case dismissed and no criminal record. they found that he was innocent. is there any chance that his application to be delayed?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
hello folks,
my friend just applied for the citizenship. he was arrested because of fraud check but the case dismissed and no criminal record. they found that he was innocent. is there any chance that his application to be delayed?
No he is fine. Whats a fraud check anyway?

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not long ago there was another post dealing with the same situation. Maybe you can check it in the last few pages of the forum. I remember there was an interesting input from Dpenabill

bnkcitizen

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
thank you all for the answers
Hi Om,

when police arrests and photos and finger prints are taken the local police sends that information to RCMP and stored in the RCMP database, I heard most of the cases these entries are removed completely once the case dismisseed or withdrawn or dropped but in some cases the entry might exits there. so that might cause a delay in the application as when CIC pulls the RCMP record they wont see that the case but they see that the finger prints are taken by police at some point.

Hence it better to contact local police where the finger prints are taken and get them destroyed, usually each local office has their own process for this.
And also get RCMP report to make sure there are no entires exits.

THanks,