+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

waqar.azhar

Nov 27, 2018
Hi,

Need urgent help. I am currently working on a closed work permit based on LMIA. I have completed 1 year of experience and have received ITA. I am claiming points for job offer as the employer has given me job offer that my job will continue and I don't need new LMIA as I am working for same employer on my work permit for an year now and a job that was backed by LMIA.

In EE I answered pre-ITA

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? YES

But i realize now that I should have answered it NO. Because I don't need new LMIA. If i correct my application now before submitting and add LOE that it does not impact my score would that be fine ?

talk2allan

Dec 13, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
mississauga
NOC Code......
Hi,

Need urgent help. I am currently working on a closed work permit based on LMIA. I have completed 1 year of experience and have received ITA. I am claiming points for job offer as the employer has given me job offer that my job will continue and I don't need new LMIA as I am working for same employer on my work permit for an year now and a job that was backed by LMIA.

In EE I answered pre-ITA

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? YES

But i realize now that I should have answered it NO. Because I don't need new LMIA. If i correct my application now before submitting and add LOE that it does not impact my score would that be fine ?
Hi , if your work permit is LMIA Exempt, then you can claim additional 50 only on the basis , if you can provide a fresh letter from your employer stating , they will continue to hire you for long time ever after you get your PR with NOC code , roles ans responsibilities and working hours.

Oct 6, 2020
@waqar.azhar I am in the exact same situation right now. Are you certain that I should say NO to Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?

Meenu Manpreet gill

Oct 13, 2020
Hi,

In EE I answered pre-ITA

Hi.can u tell me wat did u answer fir that question.I m in the same boat.if we ans no then system allocating the point or not.

hsnzfr

Jul 26, 2020
Hi, I'm a post-doc and has worked in the current position for more than 2 years. Now, my supervisor agreed to give me a job offer letter so I changed my ee profile to get the 50 points but even after 24 hours the points is not added. I was wondering whether there is there any delay or I have answered the question wrongly.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Here are the related questions and my answers:

Does [my name] have a job offer in Canada? Yes

Is this job offer for work that is: full-time, continuous and, for at least one year? Yes

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? Yes

Four digit NOC code: 4011

Job title: Postdoctoral Fellow

How many employers made this job offer?: 1

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? No
An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? No

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? No

Is [my name] currently working in Canada? Yes
Does [my name] have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? Yes
Is [my name]'s job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? Yes
Has [my name] been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? Yes

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
No, my work permit is exempt for other reasons and is employer-specific

Azarf

Nov 25, 2022
Hi, I'm in the exact situation. May I ask anyone help me about it. I should say NO to Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?
I'm currently a Postdoc (for 2 years) and have another job offer for next year with the same employer!
And I got the score of job offer in express entry!

I would really appreciate any help!

Lrawar

Feb 24, 2023
Hi,

In EE I answered pre-ITA

Hi War, curious as to what you ended up doing here? As I have the same situation

Lrawar

Feb 24, 2023
Hi,

In EE I answered pre-ITA

Hey, curious as to how you ended up answering those questions. I'm in a similar situation

VeenaK

Jul 4, 2023
Hello
Hi, I'm a post-doc and has worked in the current position for more than 2 years. Now, my supervisor agreed to give me a job offer letter so I changed my ee profile to get the 50 points but even after 24 hours the points is not added. I was wondering whether there is there any delay or I have answered the question wrongly.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Here are the related questions and my answers:

Does [my name] have a job offer in Canada? Yes

Is this job offer for work that is: full-time, continuous and, for at least one year? Yes

Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? Yes

Four digit NOC code: 4011

Job title: Postdoctoral Fellow

How many employers made this job offer?: 1

Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada? No
An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada? No

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? No

Is [my name] currently working in Canada? Yes
Does [my name] have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? Yes
Is [my name]'s job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? Yes
Has [my name] been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? Yes

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit?
No, my work permit is exempt for other reasons and is employer-specific

I am in similar situation but didn't get 50 point after updating the application for LMIA exempt. Did u get the 50 point for LMIA?

Lrawar

Feb 24, 2023
Hey, yes I ended up getting the 50 points, but my job offer is LMIA approved not exempt. Im not sure how it works for LMIA exempt job offers

Reactions: VeenaK

RajSinha007

Aug 20, 2023
Hi,

In EE I answered pre-ITA

Hi ,

I am in same situation , since i am in close permit issued based on LMIA and it has expired So i should answer like below ?

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada : No
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? Yes

RajSinha007

Aug 20, 2023
Hi.can u tell me wat did u answer fir that question.I m in the same boat.if we ans no then system allocating the point or not.
Hi ,

I am in same situation , since i am in close permit issued based on LMIA and it has expired So i should answer like below ?

Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada : No
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? Yes

sd22

Oct 25, 2023
Hi,

For the question "Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit ?" what do I answer? I am currently on PGWP and have 2 year experience. Kindly help. Thanks.

visalvarghese

Aug 11, 2018
I am also in the same situation. I am already working with a closed work permit(3 years - From June 1, 2023 - present) supported by LMIA(expires in Sep 17, 2024). If I answer I have a valid job offer and Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? Yes, then I get to enter my LMIA number and expiry date, but If I don't choose that, I don't see that option.

The options I tried
==========
1st option

I got 50 points for this.

2nd option
Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada : Yes
I got 50 points.

I don't know what should be the correct answer.

Can anyone help me with this?

visalvarghese

Aug 11, 2018
Hi,

In EE I answered pre-ITA

Are you a PR now? what's the end result?