+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

ray86

May 6, 2021
As I understood they now invite you to the new online portal to fill out your information and then a few days later send you a COPR letter saying now you’re a PR.
From what I’ve been told the COPR is sent along with the landing instructions. I’ve also read about some people receiving the COPR before as well.

Another applicant over here got a letter confirming PR status but it didn’t look anything like what a COPR actually looks like.

It’s really all over the place.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
From what I’ve been told the COPR is sent along with the landing instructions. I’ve also read about some people receiving the COPR before as well.

Another applicant over here got a letter confirming PR status but it didn’t look anything like what a COPR actually looks like.
Yes, changes in procedures not always easy to keep track of. If they are using this new portal, you may want to look at some inland threads to understand them and understand what docs you will get. And/or MP and IRCC call centre, too.

Hey, at least they are now doing these landings as virtual and not effectively making new PRs depart and come back (which to be fair they've not really done since the start of the pandemic).

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
Our passport submission made it to the embassy yesterday and the same afternoon our online profile was updated with application now showing "approved" and below with counterfoil number and expiry added. Now we just wait until they send passport and CORP back...

For anyone who might be in our position and been through this, we are both (applicant and sponsor) living together OUTSIDE of Canada and would like to land together. I know that spouses fall under the exemption for landing, for family reunification, but if we are both traveling together, can we fly and land without issue?

I suppose there will be some details on this in the landing instructions sent back with the passport but.... any insight from people here who have been through it would be great.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
For anyone who might be in our position and been through this, we are both (applicant and sponsor) living together OUTSIDE of Canada and would like to land together. I know that spouses fall under the exemption for landing, for family reunification, but if we are both traveling together, can we fly and land without issue?

I suppose there will be some details on this in the landing instructions sent back with the passport but.... any insight from people here who have been through it would be great.
We have our documents in hand and not yet travelled, so similar situation. But I've been following posts from others so reasonably confident about what I know.

So yes, no problem for family reunification travelling together - lots of cases here - and it does not matter that you are already 'united' abroad. Do check with airline in advance of travelling to be certain, but there should be no question given spousal visa - bring a copy of marriage certificate with translation just in case. In fact as far as I'm aware, neither CBSA nor airline staff are inquiring specifically about the 'reunification' aspect - they just want to see proof of marriage/immediate family relationship to a Canadian citizen or PR; they may ask for an address but it does not seem that they inquire in detail about whether the PR/citizen is already physically in Canada (no-one should rely on this impression however).

The remaining issues are just covid and travel issues - especially isolation, hotel quarantine, and pre-departure covid test. Landing procedures from immigration perspective (once in Canada) are basically unchanged - you'll advise on arrival that you are arriving and be sent to secondary at port of entry where they'll do the formalities. I understand easier to apply for SIN (needed for work) on arrival and only takes ten or fifteen additional minutes.

One thing I'd warn is that since getting the PR card may take some months, better to not plan travel until after you get that. (It's possible without but an extra complication)

I warn that some info in the instructions sent may be somewhat out of date - certainly not all details about covid measures in there - you'll just have to follow on the internet as policies change.

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
We have our documents in hand and not yet travelled, so similar situation. But I've been following posts from others so reasonably confident about what I know.

So yes, no problem for family reunification travelling together - lots of cases here - and it does not matter that you are already 'united' abroad. Do check with airline in advance of travelling to be certain, but there should be no question given spousal visa - bring a copy of marriage certificate with translation just in case. In fact as far as I'm aware, neither CBSA nor airline staff are inquiring specifically about the 'reunification' aspect - they just want to see proof of marriage/immediate family relationship to a Canadian citizen or PR; they may ask for an address but it does not seem that they inquire in detail about whether the PR/citizen is already physically in Canada (no-one should rely on this impression however).

The remaining issues are just covid and travel issues - especially isolation, hotel quarantine, and pre-departure covid test. Landing procedures from immigration perspective (once in Canada) are basically unchanged - you'll advise on arrival that you are arriving and be sent to secondary at port of entry where they'll do the formalities. I understand easier to apply for SIN (needed for work) on arrival and only takes ten or fifteen additional minutes.

One thing I'd warn is that since getting the PR card may take some months, better to not plan travel until after you get that. (It's possible without but an extra complication)

I warn that some info in the instructions sent may be somewhat out of date - certainly not all details about covid measures in there - you'll just have to follow on the internet as policies change.
When do you plan on heading to Canada, and if you don't mind me asking, where are you flying from?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What kinds of updates do you get once your file arrives in Warsaw? @arsalsam786 mentions no update since last week, @KARGOSA mentions months. I'm not really sure what to expect.
As far as I'm aware, for all offices, it is not just a questioj of when they physically receive the file, but register it and assign it to an officer. In between that time it is in a queue.

So you might hear from Warsaw in a few weeks or a few months. I think a couple of months is not unusual but hard to say in covid times. You should NOT expect it to be just a week or three later.

Reactions: Naila Haris

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hey Zabrodov

Hope you are doing alright. May I ask if you’ve received your COPR yet? My wife also got her PPR letter from Warsaw on April 12, 2021. Any insight would help

Thanks
We haven't received anything at all. Our PPR was on March 25th and since then there has been no communication coming from Warsaw. My wife is in Canada, so she doesn't need to submit her passport but we are still waiting for any further instructions. It's extremely frustrating.

Also they don't respond to our emails unless I am using different ways to communicate with them.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We haven't received anything at all. Our PPR was on March 25th and since then there has been no communication coming from Warsaw. My wife is in Canada, so she doesn't need to submit her passport but we are still waiting for any further instructions. It's extremely frustrating.

Also they don't respond to our emails unless I am using different ways to communicate with them.
Did you get at least an auto-response (computer) from Warsaw?

I'm not entirely certain but I think every time I wrote I got an auto-response quickly (hours or within a day anyway).

I'd still suggest calling IRCC in Canada and your MP as well.

ray86

May 6, 2021

Same exact situation here my friend. PPR was the last thing she received and haven’t heard anything since. They should at the very least send the COPR so other things can be done but I guess we are all limited to what we can do.

I just sent them an email on Sunday but haven’t heard back.

@armoured, calling IRCC is completely useless. The agents there can't tell you anything

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Same exact situation here my friend. PPR was the last thing she received and haven’t heard anything since. They should at the very least send the COPR so other things can be done but I guess we are all limited to what we can do.

I just sent them an email on Sunday but haven’t heard back.

@armoured, calling IRCC is completely useless. The agents there can't tell you anything
Try the mp