+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Ramina88

Apr 12, 2021
It is a bad sign. You need to prepare as comprehensive a response as possible. If you've not yet ordered GCMS notes, possibly too late.

Read the letter very carefully to see if there are any specific clues as to which evidence they are most looking for, like dates of interest. From what you've mentioned, ongoing communications and contact and support before and after marriage unless there are dates referred to, but obviously that's a bit generic.
We sent them over 200 pages of communication like chats and call histories last month. Now they are asking for travel history after marriage but we couldn't due to Covid restrictions. Not sure what to do now.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We sent them over 200 pages of communication like chats and call histories last month. Now they are asking for travel history after marriage but we couldn't due to Covid restrictions. Not sure what to do now.
You neglected to mention this submission of communications - was there a previous additional document request? Was this submission responding to that request?

You may wish to put more of the meat of the text of the PFL (procedural fairness letter) here - just remove identifying information.

As for travel history, you will of course make the case that covid has prevented you from additional travel to see each other. But that's going to be looked at in the context of your full relationship (travel and living together before and after marriage); you had nine months of pre-covid period after your filing and you do not mention when you were married or other information, so hard for anyone to comment more.

The procedural fairness letter (PFL) is quite serious and is often (usually?) sent prior to a refusal, which you can appeal. But in preparation, you may wish to speak to a lawyer - appeal is a long and difficult procedure and it may be preferable to not appeal but to 'correct' the parts of your relationship proof that you can and file anew. (I do not know the appeal procedure well)

You can respond to the PFL yourself without having a lawyer do it but there are cases where it may make sense to have assistance of a lawyer, or consult with a lawyer before you respond to help identify what you need to focus on.

Ramina88

Apr 12, 2021
You neglected to mention this submission of communications - was there a previous additional document request? Was this submission responding to that request?

You may wish to put more of the meat of the text of the PFL (procedural fairness letter) here - just remove identifying information.

As for travel history, you will of course make the case that covid has prevented you from additional travel to see each other. But that's going to be looked at in the context of your full relationship (travel and living together before and after marriage); you had nine months of pre-covid period after your filing and you do not mention when you were married or other information, so hard for anyone to comment more.

The procedural fairness letter (PFL) is quite serious and is often (usually?) sent prior to a refusal, which you can appeal. But in preparation, you may wish to speak to a lawyer - appeal is a long and difficult procedure and it may be preferable to not appeal but to 'correct' the parts of your relationship proof that you can and file anew. (I do not know the appeal procedure well)

You can respond to the PFL yourself without having a lawyer do it but there are cases where it may make sense to have assistance of a lawyer, or consult with a lawyer before you respond to help identify what you need to focus on.
We sent those thinking it will make the interview easier. They didn't request it at that time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We sent those thinking it will make the interview easier. They didn't request it at that time.
I don't know more than you do about this. Did you get a confirmation this was received?

In terms of putting your evidence together though: you REALLY want to select your best evidence and put it together in as brief and understandable a package as possible.

I am not saying you should not include a lot of evidence, particularly at this point.

BUT: they are human beings and if you send them 200 pages of personal communications, they are NOT going to read every message in there. At best they're going to flip through it. They are NOT going to read a romance novel.

It's your job to put this in a format that they can use and digest with factual evidence supporting your points.

Quality and organisation over quantity. Quantity only where relevant - and if you must include quantity, provide a key or table of contents so that they can use it.

Good luck.

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Just noticed the status in ECAS changed from in process to decision made, however, nothing changed in GCKey.
Hopefully the decision is positive and they will send PR communication soon

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just noticed the status in ECAS changed from in process to decision made, however, nothing changed in GCKey.
Hopefully the decision is positive and they will send PR communication soon
There will basically be no change in gckey until visa issued. Did you get pre arrival?

Ah I see you did. It's most likely positive. Unfortunately that doesn't tell you when ppr will come.

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
There will basically be no change in gckey until visa issued. Did you get pre arrival?

Ah I see you did. It's most likely positive. Unfortunately that doesn't tell you when ppr will come.
Yes, we got pre-arrival service letter like a month ago, then medical request next day.
You base your answer on decision being positive because of pre-arrival? That kinda hints to that?

Thanks. Another wait of PPR with no dates... But at least things progresses to this point.
I will keep posted if anything changes.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, we got pre-arrival service letter like a month ago, then medical request next day.
You base your answer on decision being positive because of pre-arrival? That kinda hints to that?

Thanks. Another wait of PPR with no dates... But at least things progresses to this point.
I will keep posted if anything changes.
Yes, pre arrival seems to be approval in principle ie of relationship etc, and then they finalize other remaining parts.

I guess some go to positive DM without pre arrival but DM with pre arrival seems to always be positive. (almost always?)

Ramina88

Apr 12, 2021
Yes, pre arrival seems to be approval in principle ie of relationship etc, and then they finalize other remaining parts.

I guess some go to positive DM without pre arrival but DM with pre arrival seems to always be positive. (almost always?)
Thank you very much for all advise.

Reactions: armoured

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
We got a request for passport! It took us 17 months! They sent it on my spouse's birthday! Probably to make a surprise or just a coincidence, idk.

Anyone from Uzbekistan? How and where do we send the passport for the visa?

The letter comes from Warsaw and they want any changes to be reported to Warsaw, however, the letter has Moscow address at the bottom of each page.

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
We have the first update since we won our appeal on March 5, 2021. Warsaw sent an email to our rep letting us know they will finish processing our application :) when they recieve our file from the appeal office.

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
Principal application on ECAS still shows "In process"
But after contacting the Warsaw embassy 2 days ago we received a letter from them on GCKEY asking to submit passport to VAC and stated "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa."

The letter ended with "As you have now received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) or have been notified to submit your travel documents in preparation for the issuance of a COPR, you are strongly encouraged to use free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)."

I suppose this means it's official and PR is approved?