+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Makmak19

Mar 20, 2021
It's fine. You'd update via a webform (or email if you have warsaw email contact) your change of address. Should not slow down the app, in fact, possibly help as you'll have shown you are going back to Canada (the 'intent to return' part).

You can also apply for a TRV for him. It may or may not be granted, but if it does, you can go with him to Canada and he can wait out the process there.
Thank you for your answer.
I thought about this option, of filing for a travel visa for my spouse but, does this not mean they will then be considered inland? intead of outland? As I understand it makes a difference in this case, under a different category. I'm not sure thought.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your answer.
I thought about this option, of filing for a travel visa for my spouse but, does this not mean they will then be considered inland? intead of outland? As I understand it makes a difference in this case, under a different category. I'm not sure thought.
He will still be an outland applicant who happens to be in Canada.

Reactions: Makmak19

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
How is Warsaw VO doing? It's been 13 months for me and my wife and 1.5 months after we got pre-arrival but we're still waiting for DM.

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

If a person entering Canada with Immigrant visa and COPR from Russia, does the person need to apply for eTA before traveling to Canada?
Depends on your passport. If Russian, then no. If European, Australian, and other countries in the list that do not need visa to enter Canada, then yes.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Depends on your passport. If Russian, then no. If European, Australian, and other countries in the list that do not need visa to enter Canada, then yes.
Stated more simply: if you need a visa to enter Canada, you are not from a visa waiver country, and ETA is for visa waiver country travellers.

PRs from visa waiver countries who get COPR will not get visas, so they do need to do the ETA.

(At least I think this is how it works, hope I've not stepped in it)

Important note: ALL travellers may need to use the ArriveCan app and other covid-related requirements. Not needing an ETA doesn't mean you're exempt from those requirements.

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hi. Did anyone receive pre-arrival message before getting medical request? Any time frame between pre-arrival and medical?
Thanks

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
Hello.
I'm curious if anyone has more insight on what this exactly means...

Logging in through GCKey now there's a message under family class PR, outland applications which states:

"We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 26 and June 1, 2019"

Clicking on the question mark for more details states that 80% of the applications they are working are between those dates.
Does anyone have any insight into this? We applied in April 2020 and we have already received the pre-arrival letter but seeing this message is incredibly discouraging.

Does anyone have more insight into this?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hello.

Logging in through GCKey now there's a message under family class PR, outland applications which states:

May 26 and June 1, 2019"

Clicking on the question mark for more details states that 80% of the applications they are working are between those dates.
Does anyone have any insight into this? We applied in April 2020 and we have already received the pre-arrival letter but seeing this message is incredibly discouraging.

My wife got PPR from the Warsaw VO yesterday. We applied in February 2020

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello.

May 26 and June 1, 2019"

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/march-2020-outland-spousal-sponsorship.680339/page-366#post-9274757

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
So I got pre-arrival service letter on Wednesday March 23 and medical next day! OMG it took them sooooo long to send our medical request.

Reactions: armoured

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
My wife got PPR from the Warsaw VO yesterday. We applied in February 2020
When you say we applied Feb 2020 do you mean initial application for sponsorship? Like to be approved as a sponsor first? Or when they transfer the file to Warsaw after being approved by Sydney processing center?
Thanks

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
So we are those not super lucky ones. We applied November 2019, CSQ August 2020, medical March 2021 :(((
And still not done yet.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
When you say we applied Feb 2020 do you mean initial application for sponsorship? Like to be approved as a sponsor first? Or when they transfer the file to Warsaw after being approved by Sydney processing center?
Thanks
I am talking about the entire application. We sent our paper application some time in the beginning of February 2020. It was received in Sydney on February 24th, 2020. Sponsor's approval came in November only.

Ramina88

Apr 12, 2021
Hi Everyone. Just need an opinion or advise. Our spousal application is in process since July 2019 in Warsaw. They have been telling us that there is going to be interview since Dec 2020. Last month they confirmed we are good for Skype interview and it was scheduled for this week. Today I got an email saying the interview is cancelled. Then they sent another email that they are not convinced our marriage is real and they gave us 30 days to submit further proof of travel, money transfer and etc. Perhaps someone has experience with such cases, would you consider this a bad sign that they do such a thing?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Everyone. Just need an opinion or advise. Our spousal application is in process since July 2019 in Warsaw. They have been telling us that there is going to be interview since Dec 2020. Last month they confirmed we are good for Skype interview and it was scheduled for this week. Today I got an email saying the interview is cancelled. Then they sent another email that they are not convinced our marriage is real and they gave us 30 days to submit further proof of travel, money transfer and etc. Perhaps someone has experience with such cases, would you consider this a bad sign that they do such a thing?
It is a bad sign. You need to prepare as comprehensive a response as possible. If you've not yet ordered GCMS notes, possibly too late.

Read the letter very carefully to see if there are any specific clues as to which evidence they are most looking for, like dates of interest. From what you've mentioned, ongoing communications and contact and support before and after marriage unless there are dates referred to, but obviously that's a bit generic.