+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Hi, everyone! I have not been on much lately. But I wanted to give an exciting update on our case. We had our appeal hearing yesterday and find out right away we won!!!! So happy after this hard and LONG process,
Congratulations Lisa!!!! So happy for you!!! How was that? Was it difficult?

Meanwhile my partner just got an email from Montreal stating that they want us to attend the alternative dispute resolution conference in 2 months. Could you please tell me what you know about this type of appeal hearing?

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Hope you're doing well!

If you're going to get married, I think it will be more simple to withdraw your app/appeal and just apply again. From following the appeals threads, they seem to take quite a long time, and that's assuming you win your appeal.

Up to you of course. If you don't wish to, I honestly don't know what the best course of action is.

One warning that I don't know the answer to - and that you should speak to a lawyer about. I think it is possible that you could lose the appeal on a sort-of technicality - i.e. they recognise you are a real couple and common law at the time the appeal is heard. BUT if the appeal is heard on the narrow question of whether you WERE common law at the time you originally applied, they could still decide the original decision was correct (despite everything afterwards).
Hi dear Armoured! Sorry for a late reply. I’m doing good despite this messy situation. Everything went back to as normal as it can be in the so called covid era but only this time we are trying to not throw away some new evidence of our cohabitation haha. Thank you for your inputs. How are you doing? Are you in Canada already? Haven’t payed much attention to this site lately.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi dear Armoured! Sorry for a late reply. I’m doing good despite this messy situation. Everything went back to as normal as it can be in the so called covid era but only this time we are trying to not throw away some new evidence of our cohabitation haha. Thank you for your inputs. How are you doing? Are you in Canada already? Haven’t payed much attention to this site lately.
Glad to hear that you have the alternative dispute mechanism soon - hope that works, don't know much about that. Truly hope they'll hear you out.

No, we haven't left yet - planning for the next couple of months from now. A very intimidating task - too big a family and too much stuff ).

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Congratulations Lisa!!!! So happy for you!!! How was that? Was it difficult?

Meanwhile my partner just got an email from Montreal stating that they want us to attend the alternative dispute resolution conference in 2 months. Could you please tell me what you know about this type of appeal hearing?
Hi! The hearing was virtual. We had a rep handle our case and he was there just like a lawyer during the hearing. He objected to any of CSBA questions that he did not like and ended the hearing with his closing arguments. Our case was very strong and even the CBSA admitted our relationship is genuine. The member was fair and very nice. No surprise CBSA was very rude. We were lucky we found out at end of the hearing we won.

Appealing is a long process but in our case, since we had VERY strong evidence and CIC was very bias in their decision, we decided this way. Actually, at the end of the hearing, the member educated the CBSA officer on handling cases in the future. CBSA officer was also biased against us. But anyway the hard part is over. Our original application is from June 2018. I will be happy to be done with Warsaw VO and sent somewhere else as we don't live near Poland anyway.

Reactions: Bynming

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hi, everyone! I have not been on much lately. But I wanted to give an exciting update on our case. We had our appeal hearing yesterday and find out right away we won!!!! So happy after this hard and LONG process,
I haven't been on for months either but I'm super glad to see that. Congrats to the both of you!

Reactions: Lisaexpat

Lionia

Feb 2, 2021
Hello!

Did anyone recently land as PR in Canada during pandemic?
Is landing as PR allowed during pandemic?
If there are immigrant visa in passport and CORP is there anything else required?

Thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello!

Did anyone recently land as PR in Canada during pandemic?
Is landing as PR allowed during pandemic?
If there are immigrant visa in passport and CORP is there anything else required?

Thank you
Proof of marriage, isolation plan and reservation in quarantine hotel for three days. And covid test.

Check government websites. There's an electronic app that I think is needed, not certain.

Reactions: Lisaexpat

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
Don't get discouraged.

"Theatres, shopping malls, hotels and cinemas will be closed starting on Saturday."

Ukraine is doing a similar thing but most offices remain open and the lockdown affects restaurants, malls, generally where large crowds gather.
It's not certain the embassy will stop working during the lockdown. However, it might affect those who have interviews arranged.

Lionia

Feb 2, 2021
Hello everyone,

If a person entering Canada with Immigrant visa and COPR from Russia, does the person need to apply for eTA before traveling to Canada?

Last edited:

Makmak19

Mar 20, 2021
Hello. I am the principal applicant and my spouse and I both live together outside of Canada, not in my home country. We filed for my PR visa last spring as outland, not in my home country. Our application is being processed by the Warsaw VO. My medical check, biometrics all done outside of my home country as well.

My question comes from the fact that my spouse recently received a job offer in Canada for the fall. We are trying to decide what we will do. If my spouse goes back to Canada to start the job and begin settlement for me to join, and I go back to my home country to wait for the visa. What is the steps we should follow to change information? Will this change in him going to Canada, and me back to my home country to wait for visa slow down the process? Can our application be rejected because of this, or cause a big headache? I look, but can’t find information on this.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What is the steps we should follow to change information? Will this change in him going to Canada, and me back to my home country to wait for visa slow down the process? Can our application be rejected because of this, or cause a big headache? I look, but can’t find information on this.
It's fine. You'd update via a webform (or email if you have warsaw email contact) your change of address. Should not slow down the app, in fact, possibly help as you'll have shown you are going back to Canada (the 'intent to return' part).

You can also apply for a TRV for him. It may or may not be granted, but if it does, you can go with him to Canada and he can wait out the process there.