+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We passed medical end of November. Biometrics sent at the same time. This is the first change/update since that time.
Okay, obviously this is only a guess (albeit somewhat informed since my guess above was on the nose) - sounds like it is in Warsaw and somebody 'did something' with the file, like formally put it in the queue or assigned it to someone. Hence the language that seemed to go backwards to 'when we start your background check'. (I find the messages confusing because in reality there are several different actvities under 'background check'.)

Possible next step - if warsaw still doing things as before - might be AOR2.

femirates

Feb 2, 2020
Got an email that visa has been attached to my passport and I should let DHL know its available for pick up. Also got the COPR sent to the GCkey. All the background checks and eligibility has now been completed as well on GCkey.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello. Can someone tell me how long it takes to get COPR after getting AOR2?
With covid, no-one can give reliable estimates, and there are factors (like security screening) that make estimating even without covid factors.

But for a very broad estimate and assuming warsaw is working with no significant delays right now, between 2-6 months.

Kotenochek27

Mar 18, 2020
With covid, no-one can give reliable estimates, and there are factors (like security screening) that make estimating even without covid factors.

But for a very broad estimate and assuming warsaw is working with no significant delays right now, between 2-6 months.
6 months is too much :(. My application expires in 11 march.

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hi all.
So I contacted MP. Max they could do is to request the status of our application from IRCC. They do not intervene and do not help to speed up the process. As per IRCC response in 1 year they only started criminality check :mad: Not started eligibility, security and medical. It has already been more than a year since we applied and only god knows how much longer will it take them to complete the process.
Therefore, is there anyone who applied for a visitor visa for their spouses while PR application was in process? Any real successful stories?
Thanks

Lionia

Feb 2, 2021
Hello everyone!
Does anyone here have an experience with Warsaw VO?
If more then a year passed since you have applied to the spousal sponsorship, did the request a new prove of relationship when they get your file?
I mean do they request to update your prove of contact, call logs, pictures, etc?
Thanks!

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Today I got a document request from Warsaw but a very weird one. Well at least some sort of activity on our file.
They ask for police certificate from the country that my spouse left 2 years ago (in 2019) and never came back there. We provided the police certificate for that country in 2020. They ask it again for the same country. Nothing could have hanged since then.

2nd: they ask for my divorce certificate (sponsor) although I have never been married before. This is my first marriage. I was in common law before.

Do you think it is better just update the police certificate or send the one that we sent before? For the divorce certificate, I will send an explanatory letter that this is my first marriage and I have never been married before.

Any thoughts?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Today I got a document request from Warsaw but a very weird one. Well at least some sort of activity on our file.
They ask for police certificate from the country that my spouse left 2 years ago (in 2019) and never came back there. We provided the police certificate for that country in 2020. They ask it again for the same country. Nothing could have hanged since then.

2nd: they ask for my divorce certificate (sponsor) although I have never been married before. This is my first marriage. I was in common law before.

Do you think it is better just update the police certificate or send the one that we sent before? For the divorce certificate, I will send an explanatory letter that this is my first marriage and I have never been married before.

Any thoughts?
If you can get the updated police certificate without too much trouble, better to do that. (Also include the one previously submitted)

(Even though I'm personally guessing they missed that you included it the first time)

Your approach sounds correct to me on the divorce certificate request.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone!
Does anyone here have an experience with Warsaw VO?
If more then a year passed since you have applied to the spousal sponsorship, did the request a new prove of relationship when they get your file?
I mean do they request to update your prove of contact, call logs, pictures, etc?
Thanks!
I'm not aware of them asking for updates after some period of time - meaning I don't think they expire.

Obviously they can request more information (including updates) but likely only in cases where they believe there's insfufficent proof of genuine relatonship. This may be by procedural fairness letter, or just a request, or in context of a suggested/requested interview.

If it's been tht long for you and you have doubts, I'd suggest ordering the gcms notes.

Reactions: Lionia

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
If you can get the updated police certificate without too much trouble, better to do that. (Also include the one previously submitted)

(Even though I'm personally guessing they missed that you included it the first time)

Your approach sounds correct to me on the divorce certificate request.
Thanks. The police certificate should be ok. The embassy of Turkey in Kazakhstan does it in few days for a fee.
Thanks again

Lionia

Feb 2, 2021
I'm not aware of them asking for updates after some period of time - meaning I don't think they expire.

Obviously they can request more information (including updates) but likely only in cases where they believe there's insfufficent proof of genuine relatonship. This may be by procedural fairness letter, or just a request, or in context of a suggested/requested interview.

If it's been tht long for you and you have doubts, I'd suggest ordering the gcms notes.
Thank you!
Are GCMS notes are not going to delay the processing?
Also if anyone can tell what GCMS notes show?

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you!
Are GCMS notes are not going to delay the processing?
Also if anyone can tell what GCMS notes show?
They will not delay processing. You'll have to look at other threads and the doc. There will be many many pages of which only a few are important.

Not easy to explain what to look for until you have it.