+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

kaba_1993

Oct 2, 2020
It should be possible to submit locally but I wouldn't know how, check the ppr instructions.
How much I have to pay ( vfs fees) for me and 1 dependant , as I understood it’s per passport not per package ! I see ther 980 rubles for one passport ( way back courier ) and 176 rubles for SMS notifications! That all I have to pay ? Or something else ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How much I have to pay ( vfs fees) for me and 1 dependant , as I understood it’s per passport not per package ! I see ther 980 rubles for one passport ( way back courier ) and 176 rubles for SMS notifications! That all I have to pay ? Or something else ?
You really need to contact them. Basically all of the fees are per passport (don't know about SMS fee). Also make sure to get the exact photo size. They are different specifications than for tourist visas. And there are two different consent forms, one copy of each for every applicant. They do not have both consent forms on the site (or didn't last time I looked).

kaba_1993

Oct 2, 2020
You really need to contact them. Basically all of the fees are per passport (don't know about SMS fee). Also make sure to get the exact photo size. They are different specifications than for tourist visas. And there are two different consent forms, one copy of each for every applicant. They do not have both consent forms on the site (or didn't last time I looked).
I will definitely contact them on Monday ! I saw 2 consent forms on website 1 in English the second one in Russian !
Thanks for your help and good luck to everyone

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I will definitely contact them on Monday ! I saw 2 consent forms on website 1 in English the second one in Russian !
Thanks for your help and good luck to everyone
I can only repeat that I would not rely just on the website, but double or triple-check with VFS. The two consent forms are rather obviously different regardless of language: one is a VFS-specific consent form, the other a standard Russian-law required 'consent for treatment of personal data' consent.

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Please help with the advice: I need to get PCC from Poland and it is asking for place of residence. Currently I’m on WP in Canada, so should I put:
1) address as per my passport
2) address as where I lived in Poland before
3) my current address of residence which is in Canada
Please advise :( thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Please help with the advice: I need to get PCC from Poland and it is asking for place of residence. Currently I’m on WP in Canada, so should I put:
1) address as per my passport
2) address as where I lived in Poland before
3) my current address of residence which is in Canada
Please advise :( thanks!
This is really more a question for the polish authorities. From canadian immigration perspective, likely the only thing that matters is that the PCC is about you - ie identifies you properly (by passport or national ID or address or whatever).

The problem is, we don't know whether the polish authorities are asking you for address where you want to receive your report, or address per your official residence, or factual address in Poland. This may depend on how they send it to you.

If there is any doubt when submitting to canadian authorities (eg difference between official address and factual), just explain it in a short letter of explanation. Again, they only want to be able to match the person with the clean criminal record to the person applying for immigration.

Reactions: Zozulia

femirates

Feb 2, 2020
WHAOO. Today is my birthday and I just got the passport request letter. They sent me a mail asking if i can travel before 21st of Feb, 2021 as my medical expires 21st. I replied the email that i was ready to travel. Just 2mins after, the sent me the PPR directly on the email and also GCkey. It is the best birthday present ever. Hang in there people, your good news is coming too. I will keep updating my progress here. Thank you all.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
WHAOO. Today is my birthday and I just got the passport request letter. They sent me a mail asking if i can travel before 21st of Feb, 2021 as my medical expires 21st. I replied the email that i was ready to travel. Just 2mins after, the sent me the PPR directly on the email and also GCkey. It is the best birthday present ever. Hang in there people, your good news is coming too. I will keep updating my progress here. Thank you all.
Happy birthday and congratulations!

It's very positive that they're asking if you're ready to travel. Hopefully if they hear from those who are not ready, they'll provide extensions or a later date of validity. (I wrote here about how ours was handled - we got the COPRs - no choice - but then we could not travel. They issued us new ones but it did add extra steps and stress)

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
Hello all,

We just received an update on our application, though it's a confusing one.

Our background check went from:

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

to

Your application is in process. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

From everything I've read on these forums, though only hearsay, most seem to get those updates in reverse.
The wording as well seems to imply they were processing the background check and in the update, they haven't started to process it yet.

Anyone know what this update means, in relation to the first one?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
From everything I've read on these forums, though only hearsay, most seem to get those updates in reverse.
The wording as well seems to imply they were processing the background check and in the update, they haven't started to process it yet.
As it's mostly hearsay and inconsistent with offices, I think they should mostly be interpreted as 'something changed, therefore something happened' - ie there is some movement and that's good.

In other words, take it as a good sign and don't worry about the details.

I'm unclear about what stage your applicaiton is at, my guess would be that you haven't received direct communication from Warsaw? If so, my guess is that this means they've put your file in the queue in Warsaw and someone will look at it before long. But seriously only a guess.

Reactions: KARGOSA

femirates

Feb 2, 2020
Passport sent via DHL on 25/01 @11am. I also included the return waybill as the embassy requested. Signed and Received by Warsaw 26/01 @11am. Fingers crossed. I will keep updating on the progress. The GCkey remains with all those we are processing.....................only ecas has decision made.

Reactions: armoured

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
As it's mostly hearsay and inconsistent with offices, I think they should mostly be interpreted as 'something changed, therefore something happened' - ie there is some movement and that's good.

In other words, take it as a good sign and don't worry about the details.

I'm unclear about what stage your applicaiton is at, my guess would be that you haven't received direct communication from Warsaw? If so, my guess is that this means they've put your file in the queue in Warsaw and someone will look at it before long. But seriously only a guess.
We passed medical end of November. Biometrics sent at the same time. This is the first change/update since that time.