+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The letter says we cannot submit by post / via courier, but through the visa centre only.

Our visa centre is in Almaty, and they sand the passports to Moscow office only. However the processing office is in Warsaw.
I'd follow the instructions and send it to the Almaty VFS.

Reactions: Verba

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Hello everyone!) Who sent the passport to Moscow VFS? I was wondering, after the documents were sent to the Embassy how many days/weeks later did you get your passport with visa back?

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Hello everyone. I have a question. if you go back 1 page back in this topic, I wrote that we received a request for a passport, where the old mailing address was specified. During the process, we refused a lawyer, but Warsaw did not change the address . Now my passport is already in the embassy, and today i received an address correction from Warsaw! They changed the mailing address to the correct one. But we printed out and submitted the first passport request to the embassy. Question.. do we have to re-submit everything now, or can we not worry? I think someone said that this address is not needed anywhere.

Thank you for your response!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone. I have a question. if you go back 1 page back in this topic, I wrote that we received a request for a passport, where the old mailing address was specified. During the process, we refused a lawyer, but Warsaw did not change the address . Now my passport is already in the embassy, and today i received an address correction from Warsaw! They changed the mailing address to the correct one. But we printed out and submitted the first passport request to the embassy. Question.. do we have to re-submit everything now, or can we not worry? I think someone said that this address is not needed anywhere.

Thank you for your response!
If you're still worried, contact vfs and ask.

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
If you're still worried, contact vfs and ask.
my documents are already at the embassy. maybe i should call them and tell them about the situation. I doubt it, because this address doesn't seem to mean anything. maybe I don't need to call anywhere. therefore, I wrote here so that someone could tell me how to do it correctly

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
my documents are already at the embassy. maybe i should call them and tell them about the situation. I doubt it, because this address doesn't seem to mean anything. maybe I don't need to call anywhere. therefore, I wrote here so that someone could tell me how to do it correctly
The Embassy will send back to vfs who then send it to you. So it should be sent to the address you indicated to vfs.

If you want to check, call them.

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Hello! Does anyone know if you need a coronavirus test if you fly to Canada on this flight: Moscow-Amsterdam-Toronto-Edmonton?

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Canada does not require covid test. Only self isolation for 14 days. Check with Schiphol airport if you need test for transit. Someone recently flew via Amsterdam and they did not require test. But everything changes every day.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
A minor update that may only apply to us, but FYI -

-We received our COPR/visas over a month ago, but with a short validity date. After much debate and agony, both due to organisational issues, commitments outside Canada, and not least of all covid, we decided to not create huge problems for ourselves and not travel before the validity date. Obviously we were a bit concerned that we might have to redo medicals and police certificates and all that, but just wasn't realistic to travel.
-In the meantime I got organised to put together a request for them to 'extend' the COPR/visas (they don't call this an extension on the web-page instructions for what to do if you have an expired COPR (immediate family travel exemption).
-Submitted that request and supporting documentation directly to Warsaw. (I also submitted through webform just in case)
-To my surprise, heard back from warsaw fairly quickly that they would 'reissue' copr/visas with a longer validity date (one full year after the original validity, i.e. two years after the medical). They also noted we'd get a new passport request letter soon, and sure enough, not long after that got the new passport request through GCKey.

I have no idea whether this is a new policy or just a one-off or what, but there we are.

Now to steel myself to do battle with VFS once again.

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Hello everyone! I RECIEVED a COPR today and i have one question.
If the city of arrival is specified in the COPR:Edmonton, can I go to Calgary, for example, and then get by car to Edmonton? or do I have to arrive at the airport of the city which is specified on COPR?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone! I RECIEVED a COPR today and i have one question.
If the city of arrival is specified in the COPR:Edmonton, can I go to Calgary, for example, and then get by car to Edmonton? or do I have to arrive at the airport of the city which is specified on COPR?
No issue whatsoever - although keep in mind the quarantine / self-isolation requirements, or in this context, how you will get from Calgary to Edmonton. (Private car better, public transit worse and may not be allowed)

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
No issue whatsoever - although keep in mind the quarantine / self-isolation requirements, or in this context, how you will get from Calgary to Edmonton. (Private car better, public transit worse and may not be allowed)
Thank you! My husband will pick me up by his car)

Reactions: armoured

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Hello! Does anyone know, my flight will be: stambul-toronto-calgary. where does the landing process occur. in toronto or calgary?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello! Does anyone know, my flight will be: stambul-toronto-calgary. where does the landing process occur. in toronto or calgary?
I'm not certain but I think you do all in Toronto. You should check as much as you can.

You want at least a few hours between flights to be able to do it all, better three or four. Makes for a long day for you.

Reactions: MommaBear