+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Hello everyone! Today I received a PPR LETTER in the email. But the status in ecas still "in process " and no updates in gckey. This is ok? The letter begins with: "We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available
before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada."
Its PPR?

Reactions: passenger19

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone! Today I received a PPR LETTER in the email. But the status in ecas still "in process " and no updates in gckey. This is ok? The letter begins with: "We are pleased to inform you that you, your spouse and dependants can now receive free
pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available
Its PPR?
Congrats. It is a separate step, pre arrival services, and seems to mean you are approved as applicant. When Warsaw opened fully again in September (roughly) there was a flurry of these with passport request coming within a week or two after.

No guarantee that it will be that fast now, don't buy your ticket yet, but getting organized to depart is not excessively optimistic.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Oh and ecas and gckey not always updated at same time. For me gckey did not change until the visas were issued. (I never had access to ecas so can't say)

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Congrats. It is a separate step, pre arrival services, and seems to mean you are approved as applicant. When Warsaw opened fully again in September (roughly) there was a flurry of these with passport request coming within a week or two after.

No guarantee that it will be that fast now, don't buy your ticket yet, but getting organized to depart is not excessively optimistic.
Thank you! do you know how long they usually send a request for a passport after the PPR?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you! do you know how long they usually send a request for a passport after the PPR?
PPR is the passport request (Pass - Port - Request). You seem to have got the pre-arrival services letter, not the PPR.

They're easy to distinguish: the passport request will literally have instructions about how and where to send your passport (and other supporting stuff).

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
PPR is the passport request (Pass - Port - Request). You seem to have got the pre-arrival services letter, not the PPR.

They're easy to distinguish: the passport request will literally have instructions about how and where to send your passport (and other supporting stuff).
Yes, I understand. I mean, how long after pre-arrival do they usually send a passport request?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, I understand. I mean, how long after pre-arrival do they usually send a passport request?
As I wrote above: before, in september, Warsaw seemed to be issuing PPRs a week or two after pre-arrival services. I don't think anyone can tell you how fast it will be now. Hopefully a week or two.

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
As I wrote above: before, in september, Warsaw seemed to be issuing PPRs a week or two after pre-arrival services. I don't think anyone can tell you how fast it will be now. Hopefully a week or two.
Yes, exactly. I'm sorry, I'm not thinking straight right now)) Thank you for the information

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Its PPR?
No, it is not PPR. We got that letter and our PR was still denied. It is from a different department than the PPR.