+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone.
Tomorrow is going to be exactly one year of our process. I have patiently waited and never bothered them. Now I think it is the time.
Is there anything I can do to push them?
What do you guys usually do? Send email, messages, file complaints? Please advise (where to send, how to send and what to write: polite, demanding or even agressive?).
Also, you guys order some thing to know where there are in our file, what they started to do and what they have already done. Can someone give me an instruction to order that file?
Back in 2014 I rememeber it called CAIPS, costed 5$ and took around a month to get it after you ordered. Is it still the case?
Thanks in advance
It's now called gcms notes, still $5. Definitely order that. If it is one year, definitely contact your MPs office.

What have you got so far in your application? Any communication?

Start with polite and ask for more info, where the file is. Try warsaw, try the main one, but MP is your better bet of kicking things out of the dusty pile. You should do all of these, none of them are a guarantee.

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Thanks buddy.
Do you know how to order it (GCMS)?
Also what/who is MP? Quick google search gave me Member of Parliament. MP of Montreal, MP of Warsaw?
Sorry but I really don’t know who is an MP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks buddy.
Do you know how to order it (GCMS)?
Also what/who is MP? Quick google search gave me Member of Parliament. MP of Montreal, MP of Warsaw?
Sorry but I really don’t know who is an MP
Instructions here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

MP: member of parliament. Go with the one for the riding/district where one of you lives, where you intend to live, or where your family/friends live.

JRAY_

Apr 29, 2019
My wife finally got her passport request today :)

I guess she needs to send her passport to VFS? I thought I remember someone in this forum telling that it is faster to send directly to the Warsaw Embassy?

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Follow the instructions in the letter. Sending to Warsaw embassy probably is not possible anymore as it was a measure due to VFS being closed at the time. Also Warsaw is in lockdown so your passport may get stuck in limbo if you send there.

Reactions: armoured and JRAY_

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My wife finally got her passport request today :)

I guess she needs to send her passport to VFS? I thought I remember someone in this forum telling that it is faster to send directly to the Warsaw Embassy?
Despite my complaints, VFS wasn't that bad in the end. There was a delay at VFS end - first few weeks were probably particularly bad - but once it was with VFS complete it was okay. Basically count on a couple of weeks.

One warning - worst of the delay was my fault, wrong photo size. The photo size required is different than for visas/passports. Check the requirements carefully and specifically. If it hadn't been for that all would have been okay since most everything apart from photos they'll accept by email. (Make sure the email they need to send stuff to is clear and you check regularly)

Other complications were mostly around the fact that we were submitting for spouse and kids. VFS gives terrible instructions about what needs to be in a copy for each individual and fees per person (as opposed to 'per package'). If it is just the one person it will be more straightforward.

Anyway good chances that the kinks have been worked out and it's not like the international courier companies are fun to work with either (or at least all over the place). Domestic courier companies - especially within Moscow - are fast and cheap with great service.

And congrats and good luck!

Reactions: JRAY_ and Bynming

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Hello everyone! January will be a year after they received our documents. now it's in the "in process" status since September, but we haven't received pre-arrival yet. should I worry? should I write to Warsaw to ask, or should I just wait?

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone! January will be a year after they received our documents. now it's in the "in process" status since September, but we haven't received pre-arrival yet. should I worry? should I write to Warsaw to ask, or should I just wait?
Never hurts to write. Don't worry though, under the circumstances it's normal. It sucks but things are slow.

Reactions: JRAY_ and armoured

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
I don't post on here much since we won't be dealing with the Warsaw office.

The update on our case is that our rep finally recived the blue book. Now we wait to see if our case will be accepted for the ADR process.

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
I'd use the web form. Ensures that you input the right info to get case specific answers
we submitted the web form a week ago. there is no response or any progress. we thought to write to the email too. but we doubt it, because we don't want to be very annoying