Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
I would imagine the embassy will be surprised as well. Frankly this just sounds like a screw up,someone at vfs misunderstood something and never got worked out.
Yeah, by the way Canada IRCC operators are so nice, i feels like they are really care of you and trying to solve you issue. This makes me happy.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yeah, by the way Canada IRCC operators are so nice, i feels like they are really care of you and trying to solve you issue. This makes me happy.
They can be quite nice and still have no idea what they're talking about.

(This may be an inadvertently accurate depiction of Canada generally)

Before anyone throws anything, yes, I'm Canadian.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
There actually were plenty of people around the world who begged the VFS Global Twitter account to get their passports back. (I used to check updates there). As I remember they were told to wait for VACs reopening. People have been without their passports around 5-6 months. I was shocked. Having your passport in your pocket is essential.

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
There actually were plenty of people around the world who begged the VFS Global Twitter account to get their passports back. (I used to check updates there). As I remember they were told to wait for VACs reopening. People have been without their passports around 5-6 months. I was shocked. Having your passport in your pocket is essential.
Yeah i've also shocked about it. I just dont understand why they are holding my passport while i'm allowed to travel to Canada.

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
I'm pretty sure that Canadian Embassy has no info regarding my issue. I guess its a very bad service of VFS.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I didn't know this was happening.

I would have threatened legal action and got issuing country involved. There really is a basis to say they cannot hold your passport except for essential purposes. In Russia I'm sure the foreign ministry would not look kindly upon that.

(Mind, some would have got their passport back without the visa/copr)

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
So we just received the notes which were ordered 2,5 weeks ago:
Eligibility: In progress
Criminality: In progress
Security: Not started
Info Sharing: Complete
Medical: Passed
It’s also said Application Assignment:
Due date 2020.06.30.

That’s it.

I’m an October applicant, AOR2 was received on June 1st.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Those who ordered the notes previously was there “Review required” under the Eligibility Assignment part? Was there anything? Could you please share yours?
I didn’t think it meant anything but I stupidly decided to search this combination of words on the forum. So I found out it probably means that there’s a red flag. I’m freaking out. Going to have a nightmare as well.

Canuck_Morb

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Ottawa, Ont.
Those who ordered the notes previously was there “Review required” under the Eligibility Assignment part? Was there anything? Could you please share yours?
I didn’t think it meant anything but I stupidly decided to search this combination of words on the forum. So I found out it probably means that there’s a red flag. I’m freaking out. Going to have a nightmare as well.
We also had review required under eligibility. That is the Sydney officer telling the local VO to further review the file. My timeline is similar to yours. On the security page, does it show 15.1 on the top right hand corner? Once your security is complete, criminality and eligibility will follow. You should get DM soon enough.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm not sure what you mean by eligibility assignment, but yes, ours does have the phrase review required at the end. It seems to be directly linked in the para to the police certificate. There's a separate point in a different note about sponsor eligibility that says please review.

Hope this helps. I'm sure review required may have some meaning but I'm guessing some are standard, may be relevant with relation to what specifically the review required was written.