+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I’m not sure if you were trying to change my mind...Sometimes It’s hard to understand your attitude (Because I’m obviously not native) But I agree with you! I want to highlight that I just want Canada and Russia to follow China and Italy’s mesures
Don't worry, I wasn't trying to change your mind.

I was / am trying to get across to anyone paying attention and worried about immigration processing - the context in Canada right now is very, very bad for speeding up or increasing access from abroad.

So my point applies to everyone regardless if they agree with you on specific measures or even if they think the coronavirus thing is a hoax. Govt can't impose such measures AND speed things up much; politically, they'll have to slow walk this all. (I'm a bit surprised they've done as much as they have, to be honest)

My point is it doesn't matter what you or me or anyone worrying about their file thinks about the virus, how best to treat it, how much foreign travel is an issue (or should there be more exceptions for my case for example) or should they allow flights or whatever.

We must be realistic: canadian cities and provinces are declaring states of emergency and shutting businesses etc. Some are fining people for going out on the street. One province has put controls up at its border. People in the press are very mad about people returning from the US - esp regions with higher infections - and driving around and shopping as if nothing is happening. (Most of these are Canadian citizens BTW)

In that context, no government will push hard for more immigration. Or at least not until they have the situation under control and can tell the public there will be tracking and all that.

In contrast we have people on the forum with unrealistic expectations - either for response times or when specific instructions will be published or whatever. Some of these things are NOT going to be resolved in a few days, and the situation will change. Answers are going to take longer. And it's not going to be a big priority right away.

Oh, and also a lot of the staff are working from home (if they can at all), and it's just going to take longer.

Reactions: passenger19

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Hi there
I just checked the site and noticed that VAC in Warsaw was closed. Do you think guys they stopped working on cases? I don’t really understand the difference between their VO, VAC, and the embassy. Could someone please clarify?

• Wow
Reactions: Belarusian

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi there
I just checked the site and noticed that VAC in Warsaw was closed. Do you think guys they stopped working on cases? I don’t really understand the difference between their VO, VAC, and the embassy. Could someone please clarify?
Roughly speaking (may not be true everywhere) the visa application centres are third party service centres that provide some of the public facing service and logistics (biometric collection etc). The visa offices abroad are the immigration sections run by the government and legally part of the embassy (they may be physically separated or colocated). The embassies have different Govt departments represented within them (IRCC, foreign affairs, etc).

Reactions: passenger19

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
hello everyone! please tell me who knows. our documents were sent to Warsaw on March 13. apparently it haven't even reached the visa center yet, and the visa center is closed. does this mean that we need to file everything again, our case will not reach us now and will be lost?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hello everyone! please tell me who knows. our documents were sent to Warsaw on March 13. apparently it haven't even reached the visa center yet, and the visa center is closed. does this mean that we need to file everything again, our case will not reach us now and will be lost?
What documents were sent? Was it in response to a specific request?

No, it will not likely mean everything being lost. Quite possibly the postal service/courier is holding until it can be delivered.

At any rate, check the boards here and government IRCC announcements. They are not cancelling files in progress because of missing stuff. I believe the procedure is to write through the webform submission system (provide all relevant details like file numbers etc) and inform them that your response with documents is in transit and seems to be delayed.

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
What documents were sent? Was it in response to a specific request?

No, it will not likely mean everything being lost. Quite possibly the postal service/courier is holding until it can be delivered.

At any rate, check the boards here and government IRCC announcements. They are not cancelling files in progress because of missing stuff. I believe the procedure is to write through the webform submission system (provide all relevant details like file numbers etc) and inform them that your response with documents is in transit and seems to be delayed.
Our documents were reviewed by Sydney, and after passing the biometrics and medical exam, the documents were sent to Warsaw. I am from Russia, and our documents are being reviewed by Warsaw. But apparently the documents have not yet reached the visa center. We did everything with the lawyer, maybe we need to contact him and he will give some information..

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Our documents were reviewed by Sydney, and after passing the biometrics and medical exam, the documents were sent to Warsaw. I am from Russia, and our documents are being reviewed by Warsaw. But apparently the documents have not yet reached the visa center. We did everything with the lawyer, maybe we need to contact him and he will give some information..
What reason do you have to believe the documents were not received in Warsaw?

If you just didn't receive a confirmation, Warsaw does not always send such a confirmation.

At any rate, you do not need to worry. Cdn government sent it to another department in a different city. And in Warsaw, the recipient is the visa office (part of the Canadian embassy), not the visa centre - and the Embassy is not closed, although may be working in limited form.

That doesn't mean it will get processed right away, but it remains with the government. Note, they also don't necessarily physically 'send' the same day you get the notification - they may be batched and routed through Ottawa or other indirect routes.

I still have not received any notifcation from warsaw but subsequently ordered gcms notes which show clearly it was sent to and received by Warsaw. So you have no reason to think it hasn't made it there, they just don't notify at every step.

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
What reason do you have to believe the documents were not received in Warsaw?

If you just didn't receive a confirmation, Warsaw does not always send such a confirmation.

At any rate, you do not need to worry. Cdn government sent it to another department in a different city. And in Warsaw, the recipient is the visa office (part of the Canadian embassy), not the visa centre - and the Embassy is not closed, although may be working in limited form.

That doesn't mean it will get processed right away, but it remains with the government. Note, they also don't necessarily physically 'send' the same day you get the notification - they may be batched and routed through Ottawa or other indirect routes.

I still have not received any notifcation from warsaw but subsequently ordered gcms notes which show clearly it was sent to and received by Warsaw. So you have no reason to think it hasn't made it there, they just don't notify at every step.
thank you for the information! please tell me how I can ordered gcms notes to find out more about where my documents are located?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
thank you for the information! please tell me how I can ordered gcms notes to find out more about where my documents are located?
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Note, given the pandemic and restrictions on staff work and travel, it may take quite a while (longer than usual). It will also take up time from staff doing work on actual files, which is now more limited for the same reasons.

And you may find it of limited use this early in your process. I'm not sure it was worth it in my own case; although I did get some information from it, it was pretty minimal. The earlier in the process, the less information - and if your file is simple, even more so.

Most of all: in all probability since the main covid-related staff and travel restrictions came into force in mid-march, it's quite possible nothing has been done to your file except perhaps for physically transporting it.

That said, it's your right to request it if you wish. But you may want to wait.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Welcome to the club! :) Your file surely wasn't lost. But you’ll have a long wait since Poland is literally under quarantine. So I believe their working staff as limited as possible.

Reactions: armoured

Perf123

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Is there anyone here who also had their documents sent to Warsaw in February or March? to follow the progress together)

Mariaont5119

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Some good news - approved permanent residents with no COVID-19 symptoms can now enter Canada, subject to a health check before boarding the flight and mandatory 14-day self-isolation upon arrival.
That’s really good news, but still we don’t have a PPR because Warsaw can’t send it, and Russia’s borders is temporarily closed, all flights are canceled, so...