+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Still nothing on my end! Last thing VFS emailed me on my Friday saying they've transferred my payment details to the appropriate department. But no information regarding the whereabouts of my passport. Sigh. I emailed them back last night, asking about the status of my documents because they're taking longer than than promised 3-7 business days and I'm getting worried. No answer yet.

Congestions on your PPR!! Hope your partner's documents get processed without delays, unlike mine lol
There's a live chat with VFS Global, and it's really "live". Always been helpful for me, try using it.

Reactions: mpigeau

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
At last, the GCMS notes were saying that the officer in Warsaw reviewed the file a few weeks before the interview and was satisfied that the relationship was genuine. So the reason of the interview is unknown to me, if they were already satisfied...
I'm only speculating but a few possible explanations - one is that opinion of one visa officer needs to be backed / seconded by another, possibly of different rank/seniority. Another is that they require a certain number of files (of certain type) to have a quality check / face to face - quality control and algorithm checking. And a more simple answer is possibly that the system scheduled the interview / flagged a required interview before the GCMS system was updated for some reason, resulting in an 'extra' review.

Reactions: alaria

Omid3

Nov 18, 2019
Just got PPR

Application Received: March 8th
AOR1: April 7th
Sponsor Approval: April 25th
Medical Request: April 26th
Biometrics Request: May 1st
Medical Passed: May 4th
File Transferred to Warsaw: May 13th
AOR2: June 7th
eCAS shows 'We started processing your application...': September 5th
Ghost Update : November 27th
Decision Made/Pre-arrival letter : November 27th
PPR : December 2
Visa Ready: TBD
Arrival : TBD
Congratulations;)
Application recieved June 2019
2 December got request to pay RPRF so I paid
Would you pls tell what and when to expect next ?
Thank you

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
There's a live chat with VFS Global, and it's really "live". Always been helpful for me, try using it.
Thanks! I did earlier today, but all they said was that the time required for the visa stamping and stuff depends on the consulate/embassy, so they can't consult me on that. And when I asked if their support team can check internally on the whereabouts of my docs, they said that I have to contact the consulate/embassy and ask them whether they had sent my passport back to VFS. *rolls eyes* . And tickets to Canada aren't getting any cheaper as Christmas draws near... They're beginning to cost as much as business class normally costs for those same flights haha! The hubs says at this point he doesn't care how much tickets are going to cost, as long as I get there asap <3

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Thanks! I did earlier today, but all they said was that the time required for the visa stamping and stuff depends on the consulate/embassy, so they can't consult me on that. And when I asked if their support team can check internally on the whereabouts of my docs, they said that I have to contact the consulate/embassy and ask them whether they had sent my passport back to VFS. *rolls eyes* . And tickets to Canada aren't getting any cheaper as Christmas draws near... They're beginning to cost as much as business class normally costs for those same flights haha! The hubs says at this point he doesn't care how much tickets are going to cost, as long as I get there asap <3
You can email to the embassy. If you get PPR by email, just reply to it and ask them if there are any issues.
But I guess you know all options without my advice ;)

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
You can email to the embassy. If you get PPR by email, just reply to it and ask them if there are any issues.
But I guess you know all options without my advice ;)
Thanks :) I contacted the embassy too, and they asked me for my VFS tracking number. It's 5pm now, so I doubt they'll respond before tomorrow.
I don't know ALL the options haha. I got PPR by GCKey only. It's good to list the different options so that the next "generation" of applicants can find tips! ;P

WaitingOnUserID

Nov 5, 2019
We ended up purchasing a round trip ticket because it was cheaper than a one way ticket. Price for one way for a ticket was almost 3 times the cost of a round way flight o_O

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
What you can do is to look for separate tickets if you live outside of a capital.
In your case, if you live somewhere not in Moscow, you can try to find a ticket to Moscow and then separately Moscow to Canada. You can save up to a few hundred bucks this way. And aggregators like Google flights won't give you such an option because they're looking for "one way - one ticket" usually.
There's only a risk if your first flight is delayed for any reason and you miss the second one, the one with a separate ticket, the expenses will be on you, not on an airline company. Just make sure to book flights with a long wait period between them so you have some spare time.

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
Congratulations;)
Application recieved June 2019
2 December got request to pay RPRF so I paid
Would you pls tell what and when to expect next ?
Thank you
I'm not sure but i think Pre-Arrival and then Passport Request would be the next steps

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Thanks :) I contacted the embassy too, and they asked me for my VFS tracking number. It's 5pm now, so I doubt they'll respond before tomorrow.
I don't know ALL the options haha. I got PPR by GCKey only. It's good to list the different options so that the next "generation" of applicants can find tips! ;P
Hi! Any updates on the passport whereabouts?

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
Oh boy! Long story short (a very long story filled with rage lol): it was at VFS for like 2 weeks already... When I found that out from contacting the consulate, I sent a looooong passive aggressive email to VFS asking them to organise themselves and sort their stuff out. They called me the next day and said my passport was ready for collection, they'll send it by courier asap. They better!!

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
We ended up purchasing a round trip ticket because it was cheaper than a one way ticket. Price for one way for a ticket was almost 3 times the cost of a round way flight o_O
I noticed that tooo! And what's more, I found flights with Lufthansa where it's actually convenient to fly business class, because it includes 2 suitcases and business lounge with free food and drinks :cool: with economy, I will be paying extra for a second suitcase, and loads for meals and drinks during layovers lol.

Now I just need to check if I can book return flights and then refund the Canada-Russia flight :rolleyes: doesn't really seem to violate the refund policy, from what I read heheheh

Reactions: Johnson7771

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Oh boy! Long story short (a very long story filled with rage lol): it was at VFS for like 2 weeks already... When I found that out from contacting the consulate, I sent a looooong passive aggressive email to VFS asking them to organise themselves and sort their stuff out. They called me the next day and said my passport was ready for collection, they'll send it by courier asap. They better!!
Oh my gosh! So the embassy released it and it stayed at VFS all that time? And even though you've contacted them via chat, they weren't able to find it? Well, I fully support your long aggressive email :) At least now you can start planning your trip and buy tickets! You'll still be in Canada before Christmas ;)

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I noticed that tooo! And what's more, I found flights with Lufthansa where it's actually convenient to fly business class, because it includes 2 suitcases and business lounge with free food and drinks :cool: with economy, I will be paying extra for a second suitcase, and loads for meals and drinks during layovers lol.

Now I just need to check if I can book return flights and then refund the Canada-Russia flight :rolleyes: doesn't really seem to violate the refund policy, from what I read heheheh
In the past there was a rule saying for all Atlantic flights to US or Canada, two suitcases up to 23 (or 25) kg each were included in the ticket price. Maybe that's changed, not sure. But that's worth researching.

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
Oh my god, wow. but at least its finally over.

let us know what tickets you got and which airlines! I've been searching and still not sure :D

Reactions: Lisaexpat