+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
Hey everyone, finally received my medical request :) (before CSQ as a Quebec applicant, things are strange)

Anyway, I made a thread do this effect but I figured you guys might know something about this. My wife had her biometrics taken at the VFS Canada visa center in Moscow, which entailed taking a 4 hour round trip from Novosibirsk. Since then, a visa center opened in Novosibirsk where she lives. When she receives PPR, would it be possible for her to drop off her passport at this new visa center? I recall reading/hearing something about having to drop off the passport at the same visa center where you had your biometrics taken but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm asking because as others have mentioned before the process to mail it in is really messed up and I don't want this to get screwed up.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hey everyone, finally received my medical request :) (before CSQ as a Quebec applicant, things are strange)

Anyway, I made a thread do this effect but I figured you guys might know something about this. My wife had her biometrics taken at the VFS Canada visa center in Moscow, which entailed taking a 4 hour round trip from Novosibirsk. Since then, a visa center opened in Novosibirsk where she lives. When she receives PPR, would it be possible for her to drop off her passport at this new visa center? I recall reading/hearing something about having to drop off the passport at the same visa center where you had your biometrics taken but I'm not 100% sure.

I'm asking because as others have mentioned before the process to mail it in is really messed up and I don't want this to get screwed up.
people had bio and passport in different country (on this forum many examples. i called to Kiev asked about it, they said that i can pass bio in Kiev, but passport in Warsaw)! it`s not problem!

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
Handed my passport at VFS in Moscow on November 14, but I have yet to receive an update on the VFS tracker lol and they told me to wait until the tracker tells me the docs are ready for pickup. Since I had to fly back home today, I just paid for the courier service and I'll have them send it to me when it's ready.

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
But seriously, what is taking so long?! They said up to 7 business days lol. It's now been 8, excluding the submission day

WaitingOnUserID

Nov 5, 2019
Handed my passport at VFS in Moscow on November 14, but I have yet to receive an update on the VFS tracker lol and they told me to wait until the tracker tells me the docs are ready for pickup. Since I had to fly back home today, I just paid for the courier service and I'll have them send it to me when it's ready.
My wife left the documents/passport at VFS on the 19th.
I had checked GCKey and there was a new line/box about a counterfoil document on the 20th. Then on the 21st we got an update email through GCKey about a change/message on our file that said everything was approved. We used the VFS tracker and it was useless :confused:. She went in person on Friday(22nd) and asked if they had the document/passport ready. Initially they did not know if they had the document, they checked and found the document was ready.

Last edited:

AYA4887

Apr 14, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
23-11-2018
File Transfer...
10-04-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
13-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
But seriously, what is taking so long?! They said up to 7 business days lol. It's now been 8, excluding the submission day
I read somewhere it could take up to 30 days but I havent heard of anyone waiting for 30 days for their passport. I used the VFS tracker. It should tell when it leaves the Embassy and is sent back to VFS. It was useful for us but we are going through Warsaw. Probably different at other VFS.

Reactions: mpigeau

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
Hey People,

We just got Pre-Arrival
Timeline as below:

Application Received: March 8th
AOR1: April 7th
Sponsor Approval: April 25th
Medical Request: April 26th
Biometrics Request: May 1st
Medical Passed: May 4th
File Transferred to Warsaw: May 13th
AOR2: June 7th
eCAS shows 'We started processing your application...': September 5th
Ghost Update : November 27th
Decision Made/Pre-arrival letter : November 27th
PPR : TBD
Arrival : TBD

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hello. I received a letter from Moscow. They invite me on interview. I read on this forum that during interview officers search cellphones for facebook messages and other messages. But my letter from VO says "Applicants are also discouraged from bringing mobile phones or other electronic devices, such as Blackberries, iPods, PDAs and remote-entry automobile keys, to the Embassy. Holders of such items will be delayed for searches and examination." and "The Embassy does not accept proof of relationship in electronic format".
Can some advise if I should bring my phone to interview if they want to search it or should I leave it at home? Maybe this depends on country requirements or other VO have different requirements. Maybe some attended interview in Moscow, please advise.
All VO are different, but I would suggest not to take any risks and to leave a phone at home. Some VO can have lockers for you to put your belongings, some don't provide that service and you can be forbidden to enter if you have any items with you that are not allowed inside (like cellphones). And some VO just don't care about it and you can bring whatever you want. Just depends.

Hope it helps. If you've had an interview already, please share your experience :)

Reactions: Lisaexpat

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Well, now when I can breathe again: we also just had an interview and it was pretty interesting experience. To begin with, it looks like the interviewing officer didn't know anything about our application. She was genuinely unaware of the details that were listed in the application (I'd say unaware of everything actually :) ) and it looked like she was randomly picked to conduct an interview. First she asked to present all the evidences of our relationship that we'd gathered and taken to the interview. Most of them were shown through the glass window and some she requested to pass to her. An interpreter was also present and sitting next to the officer.

The questions were pretty standard, about a sponsor (date of birth, place of living, work) and about relationship (how and where we met, how the wedding went, etc.). All took an hour or a bit longer. Then the officer said that she would be the person who would make a decision. Then she spoke about something else for just a couple of minutes and right after that she said that she was convinced in the genuineness of our relationship and she would be approving an application. She informed that usually it's up to Warsaw to issue a visa and COPR, but if everything she needed was in the file, she could issue a visa right away. Then she went through the file and it turned out everything was in place. The visa and COPR was issued 20 minutes later (which was my dream but I couldn't believe that could actually happen).
After checking an online account later the day we found the status of the application was changed to "Approved". Pre-arrival came only after that. So, our "decision made" process was kind of upside down :) First COPR in hand and only then decision made on ECAS and a pre-arrival :)

Now, it was interesting to watch how the decision was being made and how she was going through the paper file. @JoshC as we all discussed long ago about "Security check in progress" and how much time it takes, here's what I can say based on my observations. I ordered GCMS notes long ago and they showed that Security was passed based on fingerprints (no matches have been found in Canada or the US), and criminality didn't start. Later I happened to order notes again and they came right before the interview. I could see there that the criminality didn't start yet. And on the interview the officer after making the decision was going through the file and checking if the police certificate was there. It obviously was and then she asked a couple of questions if there was no link with the government and having heard answers she was satisfied with that. So... To me it looks like that Criminality check is actually just a clean police certificate and all checkboxes marked as "no" in the form where there are questions like if you are a part of any party or terrorist organization or something. It looks like that's enough for them and they don't do anything else and in reality there's no "criminality check" (as rumors say it takes months which is now I think is not true).

At last, the GCMS notes were saying that the officer in Warsaw reviewed the file a few weeks before the interview and was satisfied that the relationship was genuine. So the reason of the interview is unknown to me, if they were already satisfied...

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
Just got PPR

PPR : December 2
Visa Ready: TBD

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Co
Just got PPR

PPR : December 2
Visa Ready: TBD
Congrats!!

Reactions: Ramin F

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
Any updates on your tracker?

I hope you got your visa already

My partner handed the passport this morning.

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
Any updates on your tracker?

I hope you got your visa already

My partner handed the passport this morning.
Still nothing on my end! Last thing VFS emailed me on my Friday saying they've transferred my payment details to the appropriate department. But no information regarding the whereabouts of my passport. Sigh. I emailed them back last night, asking about the status of my documents because they're taking longer than than promised 3-7 business days and I'm getting worried. No answer yet.

Congestions on your PPR!! Hope your partner's documents get processed without delays, unlike mine lol

Reactions: Ramin F

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
Still nothing on my end! Last thing VFS emailed me on my Friday saying they've transferred my payment details to the appropriate department. But no information regarding the whereabouts of my passport. Sigh. I emailed them back last night, asking about the status of my documents because they're taking longer than than promised 3-7 business days and I'm getting worried. No answer yet.

Congestions on your PPR!! Hope your partner's documents get processed without delays, unlike mine lol
So sorry to hear that, you've been waiting for so long and soon the wait will be over.

Thank you for the nice wishes.

I will post if we get any updates on my end.