Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
04-03-2019
Passport Req..
13-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
Can someone that has already sent in their passport clarify which fees we need to send in as well?

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
I got an e-mail .IRCC not satisfied that my marriage is genuine. Have been given 30 days to appeal. Hired a lawyer .
so sorry to hear about this! Good luck with your appeal.

Johnson7771

Jan 24, 2018
Sorry to hear that... Can you please give more details about your case? What red flags could they consider? Do you think your support documents were full and sufficient? Did you have an interview?

And now if you appeal, what timeline is it going to be?
Well, I didn't hire a professional lawyer. Filled my application myself . Lawyer told me all my support documents were full and sufficient, as I hired a lawyer to check out my application before sending to CIC. The reason is on many factors. The biggest one after marriage I stayed with my wife 10 days, no honeymoons. That because I recently got a job. Had to back soon to Canada, and some other factors urge me to. A few people were invited to our wedding ceremony. Damn, considered not serious. But my lawyer told, I still have good chances to get approved(?) .About my timeline not sure yet, stays same . Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: Lisaexpat

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
Well, I didn't hire a professional lawyer. Filled my application myself . Lawyer told me all my support documents were full and sufficient, as I hired a lawyer to check out my application before sending to CIC. The reason is on many factors. The biggest one after marriage I stayed with my wife 10 days, no honeymoons. That because I recently got a job. Had to back soon to Canada, and some other factors urge me to. A few people were invited to our wedding ceremony. Damn, considered not serious. But my lawyer told, I still have good chances to get approved(?) .About my timeline not sure yet, stays same . Good luck to everyone!
I am so sorry to hear that! :( I don't know if this will help, but maybe you could try get family and friends on your side and your spouse's side to write letters/statements stating that your marriage is genuine, maybe describe times they have met you together, have your wedding guests write statements about when they attended your wedding and how it went, why they believe your marriage is genuine etc, and contact information for ircc to get in touch with them to confirm those details or their statements.

I don't know the appeal process, but it might be worth attaching those statements.

Fingers crossed that everything will work out <3

Johnson7771

Jan 24, 2018
I am so sorry to hear that! :( I don't know if this will help, but maybe you could try get family and friends on your side and your spouse's side to write letters/statements stating that your marriage is genuine, maybe describe times they have met you together, have your wedding guests write statements about when they attended your wedding and how it went, why they believe your marriage is genuine etc, and contact information for ircc to get in touch with them to confirm those details or their statements.

I don't know the appeal process, but it might be worth attaching those statements.

Fingers crossed that everything will work out <3
Thank You for your help. My lawyer did all those stuff . Hope it goes well this time.

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
Guys, has anyone else received an email from ircc like this? It's like a pre-arrival, I guess. But I already received invitation to Pre-Arrival on gckey and an email notification regarding that message on gckey. But this isn't even an invitation. It's utterly useless lol.

And it's not spam, I checked, it's definitely send by cic.

I was just wondering what triggered it being sent, or whether it was sent by an actual human.

====

Subject: Access services that other newcomers have found useful / Accès à des services que d’autres nouveaux arrivants ont trouvé utiles

Text:
Did you know that services for newcomers are available to you right now?
You don’t have to wait until you’re in Canada to access our services for newcomers.

There are many things to do when moving to a new country. It can help to have someone to answer your questions before you even arrive. If you are outside Canada, services are available at no cost to you and can offer that support. For example, they can help you

• prepare for your move to Canada
• get your education, work experience and credentials recognized in Canada
• connect you with employers to find a job
• connect with other free services after you arrive in Canada

In our survey, 8 out of 10 newcomers said that using these services led them to
change the way they prepared for their move to Canada.

====

katyamafi

Apr 1, 2019
Guys, has anyone else received an email from ircc like this? It's like a pre-arrival, I guess. But I already received invitation to Pre-Arrival on gckey and an email notification regarding that message on gckey. But this isn't even an invitation. It's utterly useless lol.

And it's not spam, I checked, it's definitely send by cic.

I was just wondering what triggered it being sent, or whether it was sent by an actual human.

====

Subject: Access services that other newcomers have found useful / Accès à des services que d’autres nouveaux arrivants ont trouvé utiles

Text:
Did you know that services for newcomers are available to you right now?
You don’t have to wait until you’re in Canada to access our services for newcomers.

There are many things to do when moving to a new country. It can help to have someone to answer your questions before you even arrive. If you are outside Canada, services are available at no cost to you and can offer that support. For example, they can help you

• prepare for your move to Canada
• get your education, work experience and credentials recognized in Canada
• connect you with employers to find a job
• connect with other free services after you arrive in Canada

In our survey, 8 out of 10 newcomers said that using these services led them to
change the way they prepared for their move to Canada.

====
Мне такое пришло вчера и сегодня!!!!

katyamafi

Apr 1, 2019
Сдала паспорт во вторник, сказали 2-7 дней ждать. Нужно доплатить 900 рублей за печать визы в нем, ещё 900 если обратно хотите курьером получить. 138 рублей за смс оповещения. Бесполезная вещь, ещё ни одной смски не пришло, видимо только высылают по прибытию паспорта в VFS global. Но то же самое можно и на сайте отследить (там тоже информация будет доступна только при получении паспорта в VFS).
Единственное изменение, пришёл сегодня email об изменении в GCkey, там перестало отсчитываться время и написано, we are done processing your application. Final decision was made on 7th of November.
Это все из новостей, с момента получения PPR

Reactions: mpigeau

mzona

Nov 9, 2019
Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2019
File Transfer...
02-04-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
19-03-2019
hey guys. Just saying hi. Applied on Dec 17 (timeline in the sidebar). Waiting with all yous for Warsaw to go through. 38 days left as of today. Read my CAIPS in the beginning october - nothing informative - criminal check since April, file stored in the Registry. I guess it's normal though. Was a bit surprised that files from March and April are being processed, but at the same time happy for those folks. Wishing everyone a peaceful wait.

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
hey guys. Just saying hi. Applied on Dec 17 (timeline in the sidebar). Waiting with all yous for Warsaw to go through. 38 days left as of today. Read my CAIPS in the beginning october - nothing informative - criminal check since April, file stored in the Registry. I guess it's normal though. Was a bit surprised that files from March and April are being processed, but at the same time happy for those folks. Wishing everyone a peaceful wait.
It's so weird how they just skipped over a few months. I honestly did not expect to hear anything until January and even made my peace with it. IRCC is super inconsistent and mysterious.

mzona

Nov 9, 2019
Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2019
File Transfer...
02-04-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
19-03-2019
It's so weird how they just skipped over a few months. I honestly did not expect to hear anything until January and even made my peace with it. IRCC is super inconsistent and mysterious.
my hypothesis, which I just pulled out of my ass, is that it might be due to their workflow management model. Take this as an example: the files when they come to the VO are assigned to agents up to their maximum capacity spanning over several months and the rest is stored in Registry. Whenever agent finishes a file, an unassigned file from the Registry is assigned to him and is put in his queue. When a new processing agent comes, he just receives a bunch of unassigned files from the Registry, which are necessarily several months ahead of the others that are already assigned. They'll catch up to each other eventually.

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
my hypothesis, which I just pulled out of my ass, is that it might be due to their workflow management model. Take this as an example: the files when they come to the VO are assigned to agents up to their maximum capacity spanning over several months and the rest is stored in Registry. Whenever agent finishes a file, an unassigned file from the Registry is assigned to him and is put in his queue. When a new processing agent comes, he just receives a bunch of unassigned files from the Registry, which are necessarily several months ahead of the others that are already assigned.
Hmmm, that makes sense of how they work, I guess, though it would be more sensible for them to change their workflow to this: Ross work on one file, Joey work on another file, Rachel work on another file. Once one of you finishes a file, you can start on the next file that's in the general pile.

That way it would all be in order and more fair imo

Reactions: mzona and alaria

mzona

Nov 9, 2019
Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2019
File Transfer...
02-04-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
19-03-2019
What if Ross and Joey need to do some initial checking on the files at the time the file is assigned and that these initial checks must be done ASAP after assignment ? (to refer them for more in-depth background check for example, during the wait while they process other files). Then you can have a 3rd guy, let's say Steve, who'll need to do only those preliminary checks. But what if they don't have money to pay Steve? Or what if the processing agent will end-up doubling Steve's work? Or what if it's more efficient to just have Steve do files and work like that instead? This way they can do more files.