+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
Yeah I am pretty sure that it should count from when your application was received by warsaw office.

He should find a job since he is an engineer. But i heard that polish education doesnt really count in Canada.

jcallahan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Nomination.....
SA 29-09-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
23-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
imapeiceofwood said:
Yeah I am pretty sure that it should count from when your application was received by warsaw office.

He should find a job since he is an engineer. But i heard that polish education doesnt really count in Canada.
It depends.. We looked up his Masters, but it would only count as a Bachelor's here. We had gotten a website from the Multicultural Centre here in North Bay that allow you to see how your education converted to Canadian standards.

It is quite surprising though given that the Polish education system is fairly strong.

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
jcallahan said:
It depends.. We looked up his Masters, but it would only count as a Bachelor's here. We had gotten a website from the Multicultural Centre here in North Bay that allow you to see how your education converted to Canadian standards.

It is quite surprising though given that the Polish education system is fairly strong.
Yeah i know. Polish education is better but they still dont trust us lol. Bachelor is not that bad though plus for sure he has experience too

Aman_Khatra

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Lvartano said:
I just checked the e-mail that my wife received pertaining to the same request from the visa office. At the bottom of our e-mail there is instructions on "how to submit". However, mine was divided into two steps...send the photocopy of the passports in an e-mail format... and then a week later they asked for the passport and the two pics. It's strange that they are asking for that in the same e-mail. Maybe e-mail them and ask for specific instructions. It is a little bit unclear, which is strange in my opinion.

I'm not sure where you are located but perhaps a visit to the local VO may assist also.
Btw, I wanted to ask smth, which service did your wife use to send her passport to Warsaw, Fedex is fine isn`t it? And are there any rules about our Armenian passports being sent abroad? I have to mention that I`m not in Armenian either at this time( I`m at my husband`s country now on one year visa and will be here until I get my PR)

jcallahan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Nomination.....
SA 29-09-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
23-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
Hello everyone!

I wanted to check in since going to the VO in Warsaw :D :D :D My spouse arrived their prior to the opening of the office (they are only open between 8:30 and 11:30). Once he went into the office and submitted the passport and pictures, he only had to wait 15 minutes before getting his COPR!!!!!

So for those who have the possibility to go directly to the VO, it can cut down on the amount of tie that it takes.

He will land in Canada tomorrow :D :D :D :D I believe from other comments that I have seen on this page, the paperwork does not require much time to be completed. I will check in again to let you all know how long it takes upon arriving again in Canada.

Once again, thanks to everyone on this site who has provided me with support/advice, you all made the process that much easier for me!

Good luck to everyone still going through the process :D

Reactions: skowka09

Lvartano

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 22-04-2015; AOR2 02-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Copy of PP 25-09-2015; PPR - 01/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
30/09/2015
LANDED..........
November 2015
Aman_Khatra said:
Btw, I wanted to ask smth, which service did your wife use to send her passport to Warsaw, Fedex is fine isn`t it? And are there any rules about our Armenian passports being sent abroad? I have to mention that I`m not in Armenian either at this time( I`m at my husband`s country now on one year visa and will be here until I get my PR)
Hi, i guess your case is slightly different than ours and I'm not sure how you should handle it... But, my wife was in Armenia at time and she dropped off that passport at the Canada Visa Office in Yerevan. They sent it to Moscow (yes the passport still goes there) and then about a week later she went and picked the passport up from the same Canada Visa office. By you being in a different country I'm not sure if you have to send it to Armenia, Moscow or Warsaw when it's time to get the visa stamped in the passport. I'm sure they will send you instructions in the e-mail when it's time, and if not, you can e-mail them and ask for further instructions. They do check their e-mail and respond, when it's a valid request. I received a reply less than a day when I sent them an e-mail in Warsaw.

Lvartano

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30/09/2015
LANDED..........
November 2015
jcallahan said:
Hello everyone!

I wanted to check in since going to the VO in Warsaw :D :D :D My spouse arrived their prior to the opening of the office (they are only open between 8:30 and 11:30). Once he went into the office and submitted the passport and pictures, he only had to wait 15 minutes before getting his COPR!!!!!

So for those who have the possibility to go directly to the VO, it can cut down on the amount of tie that it takes.

He will land in Canada tomorrow :D :D :D :D I believe from other comments that I have seen on this page, the paperwork does not require much time to be completed. I will check in again to let you all know how long it takes upon arriving again in Canada.

Once again, thanks to everyone on this site who has provided me with support/advice, you all made the process that much easier for me!

Good luck to everyone still going through the process :D
Oh wow... congratulations.... couple of advices... when he arrives at the airport, make sure you also get the SIN number at the airport. I wasn't able to since my wife came on a weekend and the office was close. But being Thursday... you can very easily get that one task done as soon as he arrives. Just ask the immigration officer which office to go at Pearson... assuming he will land there.

Owl29

Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
I am officially in Warsaw office. My file was transfered today 20116-01-13.

The wait begins :D

Reactions: skowka09

boshetunmai

Feb 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
31.10.2011 (Sponsor approved)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Just checking out this thread and was pleasantly surprised to see a few people from Northern Ontario! I used to live in Kirkland Lake and that's where my husband came to live when he landed in Canada (he actually really liked it there, even when it was -45C outside he was building castles out of snow!). He is also an engineer from Eastern Europe and even though his credentials aren't recognized here, he was still able to work as an engineer's assistant. Check out the local employment help centres - they can help match you to suitable jobs. Kirkland Lake has a thriving multicultural community and there are a few Polish people (and other Eastern Europeans) there if you ever find yourself visiting the area.

As for the wait times, the posted times are how long it takes to process 80% of applications so there are a few that will take longer. Hang in there... I know how frustrating every day of waiting is, but the time will come. Your age shouldn't have any effect on things as long as you have solid documents. When we applied back in 2011 there was the possibility of ordering the notes made on your file, to see where the processing is at. I ordered it once during the application but we got the passport request before we got the notes. I'm not sure what the process to request those is nowadays, perhaps someone could shed some light on this.

jcallahan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Nomination.....
SA 29-09-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
23-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
Lvartano said:
Oh wow... congratulations.... couple of advices... when he arrives at the airport, make sure you also get the SIN number at the airport. I wasn't able to since my wife came on a weekend and the office was close. But being Thursday... you can very easily get that one task done as soon as he arrives. Just ask the immigration officer which office to go at Pearson... assuming he will land there.
Great thanks for the advice! He actually lands in Montreal, bit of a different flight pattern for us.. But I will make sure to tell him that. If he doesn't get it at the airport, he can still get at a Service Canada office right? Its a 10 min walk for our house, so I'm sure it will not be a big deal for him to go another day instead.

Did you find it took very long once you arrived at the airport? He has 2.5 hours between flights so I hope that it will be enough!

Lvartano

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30/09/2015
LANDED..........
November 2015
jcallahan said:
Great thanks for the advice! He actually lands in Montreal, bit of a different flight pattern for us.. But I will make sure to tell him that. If he doesn't get it at the airport, he can still get at a Service Canada office right? Its a 10 min walk for our house, so I'm sure it will not be a big deal for him to go another day instead.

Did you find it took very long once you arrived at the airport? He has 2.5 hours between flights so I hope that it will be enough!
Well I was with her but landing at Pearson and the entire process probably took about 45 minutes or so. Stood in line at the customs desk, then they sent us to a room where the immigration officer processed the COPR and marked additional information i.e. landing date, etc. We got our luggage after that and they didn't even bother us checking what was in the luggage. I was fully prepared with a list of all her belonging and pictures of valuable items such as engagement ring, and other expensive jewelry, but they just waived us through to exit. I was a bit disappointed since I had worked so hard on the list, and photos. I actually asked the officer... are you sure you don't want to check? He just laughed and said, no don't worry, just go through. hahaha

So yeah don't worry I'm sure he won't miss the flight... then again he is in Canada there are flights every hour or so in the worst case scenario he will be a bit late in the reunion. ;) Just kidding!!!! I know every moment apart is already too long.

But yeah the SIN number can also be obtained at any Service Canada. So in the event where time is a factor, don't worry about it too much.

Have you bought medical insurance for him, just in case, since he is not covered under OHIP for 3 months?

jcallahan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Nomination.....
SA 29-09-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
23-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
Lvartano said:
Well I was with her but landing at Pearson and the entire process probably took about 45 minutes or so. Stood in line at the customs desk, then they sent us to a room where the immigration officer processed the COPR and marked additional information i.e. landing date, etc. We got our luggage after that and they didn't even bother us checking what was in the luggage. I was fully prepared with a list of all her belonging and pictures of valuable items such as engagement ring, and other expensive jewelry, but they just waived us through to exit. I was a bit disappointed since I had worked so hard on the list, and photos. I actually asked the officer... are you sure you don't want to check? He just laughed and said, no don't worry, just go through. hahaha

So yeah don't worry I'm sure he won't miss the flight... then again he is in Canada there are flights every hour or so in the worst case scenario he will be a bit late in the reunion. ;) Just kidding!!!! I know every moment apart is already too long.

But yeah the SIN number can also be obtained at any Service Canada. So in the event where time is a factor, don't worry about it too much.

Have you bought medical insurance for him, just in case, since he is not covered under OHIP for 3 months?
We have not bought any medical insurance yet, he has however been added to my insurance at work. Is that some documentation he should bring with him at the airport, or mostly just for peace of mind?

Lvartano

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
30/09/2015
LANDED..........
November 2015
jcallahan said:
We have not bought any medical insurance yet, he has however been added to my insurance at work. Is that some documentation he should bring with him at the airport, or mostly just for peace of mind?
No, piece of mind really... but, i'm surprised, because most insurance companies do not insure a person if he/she doesn't have OHIP... are you sure that's the case at your work? I would double check. I'm very impressed if they insured him without OHIP.

baffiee

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015 (AOR1); 08-09-2015 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
(SA) 31-08-2015
Med's Done....
upfront 29-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
02-05-2016
jcallahan said:
Lvartano said:
No, piece of mind really... but, i'm surprised, because most insurance companies do not insure a person if he/she doesn't have OHIP... are you sure that's the case at your work? I would double check. I'm very impressed if they insured him without OHIP.
Yeah! Check that out! When my husband wanted to add me to his work insurance, his office said that I need to get a health card first.

Aman_Khatra

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
23-11-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
Lvartano said:
Hi, i guess your case is slightly different than ours and I'm not sure how you should handle it... But, my wife was in Armenia at time and she dropped off that passport at the Canada Visa Office in Yerevan. They sent it to Moscow (yes the passport still goes there) and then about a week later she went and picked the passport up from the same Canada Visa office. By you being in a different country I'm not sure if you have to send it to Armenia, Moscow or Warsaw when it's time to get the visa stamped in the passport. I'm sure they will send you instructions in the e-mail when it's time, and if not, you can e-mail them and ask for further instructions. They do check their e-mail and respond, when it's a valid request. I received a reply less than a day when I sent them an e-mail in Warsaw.
ah, this sounds well for me :) let us see what will they tell me, if I could use Canada Visa office (or embassy, here we have embassy) it would be best....
Thanks Vardan jan(if I guessed your name right :))