Waived!
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
Hei Long said:
Oh sziha, sorry but what do u mean u can bring it in person to warsaw embassy if you are in Canada? Or do u plan to travel home soon?
Technically I could fly back home and get it in couple days by just going to embassy in Warsaw. But I can't do that for other reasons.
You're lucky that your medical is still valid. Also your timeline seems much faster than mine, however I think that there was some change in the way the applications in Warsaw are processed, as at some point people started to get their AOR much quicker (That allows them to apply for MSP, if they are waiting for their PR in Canada, even on visitor visa - I did that^^). Also now once the embassy issues AOR2, they change the status of the application to "In process" right away. I didn't get In process status until I got PPR, as that is when they actually look at the application. I think is so people know that they are working on the application (even though it means that your application is on the bottom of the stack of the other applications, that will be processed before yours).

Tunczyk said:
The difference is my medical expired mid-September, so it puts me in a vulnerable position- but so far I got no instructions as to whether I should do a re-medical (fingers crossed)
In the email I got, they said:

Once issued, permanent resident visas usually expire on the date of expiry of your medical examination results, which in your case is (They put a date here). If there is an earlier date of expiry on your visa(s), that is because the passport validity of you or one of your accompanying dependents expires before the medical examination expiry date.

You and all your accompanying dependents must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the visas cannot be extended.
From that I understand that you have to land while your medical is still valid. So, if I were you, I would expect that before they give you your COPR, they will ask you to redo you medical tests. However, let's hope that you will get away with that :)

Tunczyk said:
I think Sziha meant that she got 2 options in her e-mail from CIC:
1. Bring her passport+2 photos to the Canadian Embassy in Warsaw
2. Send copies of her passport to CPC- Ottawa, in case she was currently in Canada (that's the option she chose)
The email look like they want my passport. At first I was confused, as I didn't expect them to require my passport, as I'm from visa exempt country. But there is one line in the email saying:

How to submit:

You or someone you have authorized may submit your passport(s) and documents or for visa exempt clients - photocopy of passport(s) and documents.
In my case the documents are my passport (a copy of it), 2 pictures and printed email with my bio data filled in (my height and eye color).

Actually they gave me 3 options. I'm sorry, if my first email wasn't clear^^
1. Bring my documents to the Warsaw embassy in person (they don't guarantee same day visa issuance)
2. Send my documents by mail to Warsaw embassy and then they will tell me how to arrange courier to pick it up
3. Send my documents to CPC Ottawa via Canada Post, including return envelope.

I chose the third option, as I'm already in Canada.

Doing more research online, people from PNP program send their passport to the same PO box as I did. It looks like most of them get their documents back in 7-14 days. This is the thread for this fall:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passport-returning-time-from-cpcottawa-septoctnov2015pnp-pr-t349708.0.html#new

So I'm looking for another 2 weeks before I land :)

Thank you for your input guys!

---------

Another update: As of today my status has changed to "Decision Made" :)
In that case I suppose that maybe the first passport request wasn't the 'regular one' for some reason. They might wanted to clarify some things as during my wait time I have extended my stay as a visitor in Canada (as I was staying here more than 6 months), and then I left to US for one week. When I came back, they gave me another regular stamp in my passport.

And as someone already noticed, it seems true that even though ECAS says that they do updates on Tuesdays, Warsaw has their own schedule, and do updates on Thursdays :D

Also in the last email I got they included the line:
We wish you safe travels, and happiness and success in your new home in Canada!
That means that once I get my envelope back from CPC-O I will be able to land! :)

Hei Long

Mar 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA 31-07-2015 ecas 21-07-2015 AOR 2 06-08-2015 IP 28-07-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015 DM 26-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2015
Sziha I gave the same line at the end too :) let's keep each other updated on CPC-O work :) i have send my passport last Friday, it was delivered on Monday, so hopefully will get it back before Thanksgiving Day :) where do u plan to land?

Hei Long

Mar 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-06-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015 DM 26-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2015
With all status updates in ecas, looks like now they are strictly following the explanations of the statuses posted on official website. And their work has been more efficient. Hope it will stay this way for all the future applicants. God luck guys! Jcallah congrats on SA! Lvartano congrats on PPR! And Sziha on Your DM!

Tunczyk

Dec 17, 2014
Kamloops, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-10-2015
Lvartano said:
We got the PPR request.... finallllllyyyyyy!!! So close to the end line. I hope everyone who is waiting to get them today or tomorrow, also get the good news so we can all celebrate :) ;) :D ;D
jcallahan said:
Finally got SA, my file is on it's way to Warsaw :)
Sziha said:
Another update: As of today my status has changed to "Decision Made" :)
In that case I suppose that maybe the first passport request wasn't the 'regular one' for some reason. They might wanted to clarify some things as during my wait time I have extended my stay as a visitor in Canada (as I was staying here more than 6 months), and then I left to US for one week. When I came back, they gave me another regular stamp in my passport.
Congratulations Lvartano, Sziha and jcallahan! You are one step closer to being in Canada, reunited with your significant others. Sziha, thank you for sharing your experiences with CIC, I am looking forward to similar e-mail from them in the days to come- at least now I'm mentally prepared for what is to come! I thought, as many others, that the request for PDF of the passport would be the end of the struggle.

I have also extended my visitor visa, twice actually. I am waiting for the response from CICon the last one, hopefully I'll get my PR before my second VV application gets refused!

Sziha

Mar 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
AOR Received.
09-04-2015
File Transfer...
17-04-2015 (SA)
Med's Request
Submitted upfront
Med's Done....
30-10-2014
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2015
LANDED..........
10-10-2015
Hei Long said:
Sziha I gave the same line at the end too :) let's keep each other updated on CPC-O work :) i have send my passport last Friday, it was delivered on Monday, so hopefully will get it back before Thanksgiving Day :) where do u plan to land?
My passport should reach Ottawa on Friday. At least that's what the website says. I'll be going to Canada-US border near Vancouver.

Lvartano

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 22-04-2015; AOR2 02-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Copy of PP 25-09-2015; PPR - 01/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
30/09/2015
LANDED..........
November 2015
Tunczyk said:
Congratulations Lvartano, Sziha and jcallahan! You are one step closer to being in Canada, reunited with your significant others. Sziha, thank you for sharing your experiences with CIC, I am looking forward to similar e-mail from them in the days to come- at least now I'm mentally prepared for what is to come! I thought, as many others, that the request for PDF of the passport would be the end of the struggle.

I have also extended my visitor visa, twice actually. I am waiting for the response from CICon the last one, hopefully I'll get my PR before my second VV application gets refused!
Thank you Tunczyk... It's actually my wife who will be joining me in Canada, but I've gone through the same pain and suffering as everyone else. Without exaggeration I've followed this forum daily, multiple visits refreshing the eCAS, e-mail checking every few hours... and lots of patience building exercises throughout the process. I'm glad it will be end of line shortly. :D

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015, received by CIC: 15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 15-07-2015, AOR2: 06-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
I sent my passport to WVO yesterday evening. Should be at the embassy by Tuesday. I hope I'll hear from them soon, cause we would love to move in December :)

fireball178

Oct 3, 2015
Hello everyone...I am Just wondering the average time of processing. I have read posts. some go from 5 months to 9 months and a few longer. I sent our visa application into Mississauga and they received it 2015/06/19. and got my uci and they started processing My sponsor portion on 2015/07/27 and I was notified 2015/9/10 I was approved. My wife received a letter from Warsaw on 2015/09/02 Application received 2015/06/19. and her uci. On the website it says they started processing hers 2015/08/31. Due to her being Russian I do believe when we got her documents translated and notarized, we included all pages of her passport. Her Medical was done in april of 2015 and e-filed, police check was in feb/20/2015. When I check my portion it still says in process. We are both in our 40's, no criminal records on mine and hers. Does anyone think she might have to redo hers? And will the website show medical received? And one final question lol, does anyone think they will skip the request of copied passport and go straight to asking her to sen in her original. Ours seems to be moving quickly compared to some I have seen here... and anxiously awaiting for my wife to be here with me. Thankz

Hei Long

Mar 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-06-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015 DM 26-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2015
fireball178 said:
Hello everyone...I am Just wondering the average time of processing. I have read posts. some go from 5 months to 9 months and a few longer. I sent our visa application into Mississauga and they received it 2015/06/19. and got my uci and they started processing My sponsor portion on 2015/07/27 and I was notified 2015/9/10 I was approved. My wife received a letter from Warsaw on 2015/09/02 Application received 2015/06/19. and her uci. On the website it says they started processing hers 2015/08/31. Due to her being Russian I do believe when we got her documents translated and notarized, we included all pages of her passport. Her Medical was done in april of 2015 and e-filed, police check was in feb/20/2015. When I check my portion it still says in process. We are both in our 40's, no criminal records on mine and hers. Does anyone think she might have to redo hers? And will the website show medical received? And one final question lol, does anyone think they will skip the request of copied passport and go straight to asking her to sen in her original. Ours seems to be moving quickly compared to some I have seen here... and anxiously awaiting for my wife to be here with me. Thankz
To be honest, it's like a lottery :) some applications go really fast some stuck for years.... However recently Warsaw office has been very productive, so keep your fingers cross you might get decision next month even :)

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
fireball178 said:
1. I sent my passport copies along with the application, but they still requested them later. However, I got my passport submission request very quick after I emailed the copies.
2. Her criminal record is valid until next february and her medical valid until next april, so they could ask to redo it only if it's expired, which is probably not going to happen.
3. In e-case it should show that her medical was received.
4. Warsaw VO works pretty quick right now, so it's possible that she will get approved within 5-6 months since the date you guys applied. For Russian citizens it's really really fast, believe me.

fireball178

Oct 3, 2015
Thanks Hei Long, and yes.. as I see there are some that it sits between AR and IP for a long time in warsaw, and some within a couple days of receiving they are IP.. Our application and dates are close to same time frame as yours... but you are a month ahead.. so I hope this month they request her scan passport. :p I will get her to do all this and have it ready to go and all pages copied or send it to me and I can forward it for her. Or is this allowed??????? or should it come from her email????? :eek: As her english reading skills are next to none. Maybe we will get a nice wedding anniversary gift and be approved in November and get her on her way to Canada before the end of the month!!! :D :D :D :D 8)

and Thank you Inpasarable, I will get her passport front to back scanned again and ready to send via email.. awesome they will allow... I thought the criminal search was only good for 3 months.. that is a big relief it's good for a year...

as for e-case.. is that on the check status on the government website as it only shows date to start processing.. or do I look elsewhere?

Yes, my approval for sponsor went well below the website time frame.. just took extra time to start processing from the date received and they already started processing her portion before I got my approval letter.. and ours looks like the same time frame as Hei Long.. just his/hers is approx one month ahead of ours... so looking good :p :p

Inpasarable

Star Member
Aug 24, 2013
fireball178 said:
Thanks Hei Long, and yes.. as I see there are some that it sits between AR and IP for a long time in warsaw, and some within a couple days of receiving they are IP.. Our application and dates are close to same time frame as yours... but you are a month ahead.. so I hope this month they request her scan passport. :p I will get her to do all this and have it ready to go and all pages copied or send it to me and I can forward it for her. Or is this allowed??????? or should it come from her email????? :eek: As her english reading skills are next to none. Maybe we will get a nice wedding anniversary gift and be approved in November and get her on her way to Canada before the end of the month!!! :D :D :D :D 8)

and Thank you Inpasarable, I will get her passport front to back scanned again and ready to send via email.. awesome they will allow... I thought the criminal search was only good for 3 months.. that is a big relief it's good for a year...

as for e-case.. is that on the check status on the government website as it only shows date to start processing.. or do I look elsewhere?

Yes, my approval for sponsor went well below the website time frame.. just took extra time to start processing from the date received and they already started processing her portion before I got my approval letter.. and ours looks like the same time frame as Hei Long.. just his/hers is approx one month ahead of ours... so looking good :p :p
Ok, since you were already approved as a sponsor, your part of communication with immigration is pretty much done. Now, all the correspondence will be sent on your wife's email, if one was indicated in her application forms. And she must to respond from that email. So, the only thing you can do is to help her to translate and compose emails in case she will need to answer warsaw vo requests. Also note, that although it s possible to send passport copies by email, they have strict file size limits. You can sent copies in the form of pdf or jpg and you can also you zip archive, however the size must not exceed 9 mb. That s in case you want to prepare the file in advance.

As for police record - well, basically 3 months is a "freshness" of the document. On cic website it says that the certificate should be not older that 3 months when you submit your application. I assume, yours, even much older than 3months, was still fine, since CIC didn't send you any requests so far. And as i mentioned before, certificate itself is valid for 12 months since the date of issuance once it reached visa office. I would suggest though to order a new one just in case. It doesn't hurt to do that, but you won't lose precious time in case warsaw decides to request a fresher copy.

About ecase. Here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp you can login with your wife's credentials and see what's the status, just note that you have to choose Union of soviet republics in the field country instead of Russia.

Hope that helps.

fireball178

Oct 3, 2015
Yes, she does have email and sent me the copy of Warsaw having her application and as for the e-case yes, the government website and this is all it reads We received your application for permanent residence on June 19, 2015. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 2, 2015. We started processing your application on August 31, 2015.

But even my sponsorship portion still reads in process and hasn't changed to approved yet.

I asked her tonight to go and get her criminal check done again just in case.. and there is no charge for it if no criminal record. But she must travel to a bigger city to do so and wait that month. I could be wrong, it might have been she submitted her application for the record in feb and got it back in March. So many papers to remember lol. And maybe our age with no criminal record might help out not to be asked for another one..

Monday she is going to scan all her passport and send it to me so I can try to figure out how to zip it lol.. and yes, thank you.. any help is greatful, and going ahead and getting another copy of police record to save time just in case.. makes sense.. Now when they ask for her original passport to stamp, does she have to physically pick it up? Or Will they send in back to her via courier? Actually I guess she would need her passport to travel to poland...

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Russians (and other former USSR countries, except for the Baltics) send their passports through the Visa Application Centres to the embassy in Moscow. If I'm not mistaken, Russian passports cannot be sent across borders, which is why you don't send it to Warsaw.

The PR card arrived at my parents' house on September 15th. They're going to send it to us by courier, since we're back in Russia at the moment. My wife was worried about her mom's health, and leaving her alone for too long. So she came back at the beginning of August, and I joined her at the end of August. Her mom died two days after I got back to Russia. So we're dealing with paperwork and such, and when that's all settled we'll go back to Canada. It likely won't happen until the summer though.

jcallahan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Nomination.....
SA 29-09-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
23-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
Hello everyone, I checked ecas this morning and it show that the permanent resident application is 'In Process' (previously it said 'Application Received'.

Does this mean the application arrived in Warsaw?

Also, where do people see that their medical a were received in ecas, I can't seem to find that anywhere..