+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Our enquiries to ircc and MP were pointless. we wrote them back in February and March - no reply. MP only replied to me about where we are in the process and that there are no updates. Just wait and wait, and pay for medicals again.
A writ of mandamus is done via a lawyer, once your case has passed the average processing time. I think you would have been a candidate for this. Now that the time is up to 23 months, you'll probably have to wait for that time to pass before you investigate this option.. but you aren't far off.

Only catch is all the legal fees...

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
A writ of mandamus is done via a lawyer, once your case has passed the average processing time. I think you would have been a candidate for this. Now that the time is up to 23 months, you'll probably have to wait for that time to pass before you investigate this option.. but you aren't far off.

mmm so our 23 month wait would be October 2022?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Not a lawyer but: the test for mandamus (formally) is MUCH more stringent than just 'it's taking longer than the estimated average.' It's a test that's more 'they have to do this and are taking so long it may as well be frozen forever'. (Too lazy to look up a longer definition). It has to not just be longer than average, but exceedingly long compared to others.

Now, often people send mandamus notifications (letters of intent to file mandamus if the thing asked for is not done); sometimes that either works or seems to. That's basically just hoping that the threatening sounding letter gets some action, because it's easier to comply than deal with laywers. Anyone can do that at any time.

But with covid and all that? There is no way that 'more than 12 months' is/was going to be accepted as meeting the 'serious or substantive delay' type test.

And it's probably not realistic to say that 'if you'dd filed before they announced that files were now taking 23 months' (a backward looking measure anyway) that it would've worked.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
I read this today and i'm kinda devastated, not sure if it's 100% true... Canada never announced anything like this directly and Family visas should not be touched, but still.
I see that Warsaw office is overwhelmed with Ukrainian applications.. They also need to work on those backlogged by Covid back in 2020.

Another 2 ghost updates, Aug 15 and 16.. :rolleyes:

Maknagens

Oct 12, 2021
I read this today and i'm kinda devastated, not sure if it's 100% true... Canada never announced anything like this directly and Family visas should not be touched, but still.
I see that Warsaw office is overwhelmed with Ukrainian applications.. They also need to work on those backlogged by Covid back in 2020.

Another 2 ghost updates, Aug 15 and 16.. :rolleyes:
Hmm, that's why they haven't answered my webforms since the war starter. I guess the only way is to reapply from another country.

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
I applied in May 2021 for a study permit. According to CBSA notes, I've been on a security check since July 2021.
same boat. but we got aor in May and eligibility has been going on since July 2021 as well.
i'm reading other forums in Russian (awd and rusforum) and no one seems to be getting anything. no spousal, no tourist, no study, no anything visa.
who knew eh :(

• Sad
Reactions: armoured

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Hmmm... I don't know if I would believe that. There is a person in this very forum who got their spousal visa approved at Warsaw VA (PA from Russia), although to be fair that was a day or two after the war broke out.

Also in the Warsaw VA whatsapp group I'm part of, a Russian PA got their spousal visa approved about a month ago (November applicant). Even if there are restrictions on other types of visas, there is no way they would hold up family visas...

valvlad

Feb 27, 2021
Hmmm... I don't know if I would believe that. There is a person in this very forum who got their spousal visa approved at Warsaw VA (PA from Russia), although to be fair that was a day or two after the war broke out.

Also in the Warsaw VA whatsapp group I'm part of, a Russian PA got their spousal visa approved about a month ago (November applicant). Even if there are restrictions on other types of visas, there is no way they would hold up family visas...
November 2021?

Really hope so. I'm just so tired of waiting and don't understand why we take so long. It's going to be 2 years in 3 months.