+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
It is Alternative Dispute Resolution. They tell you after the hearing. And no worries. I also wrote in ADR forum. Maybe they might know more about the hearing. Thank you
Hi @Taj23 ! Sorry, I’ve never heard about ADR stage also, I’m sure in family sponsorship we don’t have this stage.

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
@Taj23 wow! I indeed find a mention about ADR in family sponsorship thread and in express entry thread. I’m going to read more about it.

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
@alaria
That’s what I found:
“ADR, or Alternate Dispute Resolution is an informal process in which a Sponsor who is appealing the refusal of their partner’s application for permanent residence as a member of the family class to the Immigration Appeal Division [IAD] has an opportunity to sit down with a representative of the Minister of Immigration and attempt to persuade them they ought to consent to the appeal being allowed.”
@Taj23 so, I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about your question. Am I right, did you get application refusal?

Jarait

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Sorry, I totally misunderstood you. I thought ADR is Additional Documents Request, what CIC usually does to get some additional proof. So please disregard my reply above, it does not have anything to do with your case.
I believe your understanding of ADR was right in case with Akosh, since his timeline says "ADR (submitted in 3 days)". In fact I understood it in a same way. It is just a coincidence that we see two ADRs here with two different meanings. :D

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
@alaria
That’s what I found:
“ADR, or Alternate Dispute Resolution is an informal process in which a Sponsor who is appealing the refusal of their partner’s application for permanent residence as a member of the family class to the Immigration Appeal Division [IAD] has an opportunity to sit down with a representative of the Minister of Immigration and attempt to persuade them they ought to consent to the appeal being allowed.”
@Taj23 so, I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about your question. Am I right, did you get application refusal?
Thanks for the info!

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I believe your understanding of ADR was right in case with Akosh, since his timeline says "ADR (submitted in 3 days)". In fact I understood it in a same way. It is just a coincidence that we see two ADRs here with two different meanings. :D
Yeah, you're totally right :)

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Can anyone suggest, please: when you were linking your application to mycic, had you already had AOR and application number? I've read you can link an application without an AOR, just using the combination that doesn't require application number. I'm just curious if anybody was able to do so.
Because AOR can come in 1-2 months and it's a long time to wait, and people say an application can be linked just a few days after it was received at CPC.

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
Can anyone suggest, please: when you were linking your application to mycic, had you already had AOR and application number? I've read you can link an application without an AOR, just using the combination that doesn't require application number. I'm just curious if anybody was able to do so.
Because AOR can come in 1-2 months and it's a long time to wait, and people say an application can be linked just a few days after it was received at CPC.
Usually application can be linked in GCkey one day befor AOR. (the same for ecas).

Reactions: alaria

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
I was able to link after sponsor approved!

lbft

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
@Taj23 i found your old message, and so sorry you got a refusal, but! I’m sure you can go through this situation and you guys will be together in Canada soon!
When I applied for the visitor visa for the first time I’ve got a refusal.
I reapplied, and it was approved.

Jarait

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
@Taj23 i found your old message, and so sorry you got a refusal, but! I’m sure you can go through this situation and you guys will be together in Canada soon!
When I applied for the visitor visa for the first time I’ve got a refusal.
I reapplied, and it was approved.
My wife got two visitor visa refusals. We just gave up.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
@svilli , can you please tell us about biometrics? it's very new, there is almost no info about it. After you had received biometrics request, did you just go to Canada VAC (visa application centre)? Do you need to arrange an appointment? What city did you go to?

Reactions: svilli

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
@svilli , can you please tell us about biometrics? it's very new, there is almost no info about it. After you had received biometrics request, did you just go to Canada VAC (visa application centre)? Do you need to arrange an appointment? What city did you go to?
Hi, everyone. I'm Sponsor and a representative of my husband, who is in Saint-Petersburg, Russia,
I didn't include payment for biometrics (85$) when submitted application. Few days after AOR I got a request to pay biometrics online and to submit receipt via web form. After submission it took 4-5 days to add it to my file. Now I’m waiting for biometrics request.

So, we haven’t passed biometrics yet, but we called to VAC to know more details… PA can come to VAC without an appointment or can make it in advance (usually it is available for tomorrow). Your PA should be ready to spend there 1hour in total

I found example of biometric letter https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SHgPIYVXPA0j5t551u6Rp0z_z_OCjcMr/view
PA should bring this letter to VAC.

More info about biometrics
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp

My file was not trasferred yet to visa office, will see, maybe I'll join you here soon :)