AOR1 Jan, 2018, AOR2 May 2018
File Transfer...
Mar 2
Med's Request
Jan 2018
Med's Done....
Feb 2018
Hey Everyone!

I'm not sure if everyone's file has been handled the same way, but I was told by CIC that my file was transferred to Warsaw on March 2, and I thought that was my AOR2. But then on May 21 I got a letter titled "Aknowledgement of Receipt", indicating that that's when Warsaw actually started processing my case.

Now from reading the forum I've gathered that it takes Warsaw about 4-6 month to process a case. My file transfer to Warsaw was in March, my aknowledgement of receipt by Warsaw was a week ago. Thus, should I expect them to make a decision in roughly 5 month from a week ago or 5 month from my file transfer date which is Mar 2?

Thank you kindly in advance for your help and support.

firewithin6667

May 15, 2017
Hey Everyone!

I'm not sure if everyone's file has been handled the same way, but I was told by CIC that my file was transferred to Warsaw on March 2, and I thought that was my AOR2. But then on May 21 I got a letter titled "Aknowledgement of Receipt", indicating that that's when Warsaw actually started processing my case.

Now from reading the forum I've gathered that it takes Warsaw about 4-6 month to process a case. My file transfer to Warsaw was in March, my aknowledgement of receipt by Warsaw was a week ago. Thus, should I expect them to make a decision in roughly 5 month from a week ago or 5 month from my file transfer date which is Mar 2?

Thank you kindly in advance for your help and support.
Hi Ironbird,

I'd like you to know that I have the exact same processing time as yours (Transferred March 2nd, AOR2 on May 21st).

Based on other activity on the forums and other whatsapp groups I joined, I saw that August, September and early October people were getting responses recently in Warsaw, but it was only a few examples. I'd like to interpret this as good news and that our cases will be processed quickly, but in truth I'm not sure. I know some other people didn't receive AOR2

Ironbird

Mar 27, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 2
Med's Request
Jan 2018
Med's Done....
Feb 2018
Hi Ironbird,

I'd like you to know that I have the exact same processing time as yours (Transferred March 2nd, AOR2 on May 21st).

Based on other activity on the forums and other whatsapp groups I joined, I saw that August, September and early October people were getting responses recently in Warsaw, but it was only a few examples. I'd like to interpret this as good news and that our cases will be processed quickly, but in truth I'm not sure. I know some other people didn't receive AOR2

Hey Firewithin,

So what you're saying is that Aug, Sep, and Oct people are getting decisions made by Warsaw about now? That's great! That means our decisions are about 3-4 months away? Well, the light at the end of the tunnel it is!

Please let me know if you know anything else you could devulge about the info you've gathered from the forums.

Thank you!

Bucko23

Jun 3, 2018
Hey Firewithin,

So what you're saying is that Aug, Sep, and Oct people are getting decisions made by Warsaw about now? That's great! That means our decisions are about 3-4 months away? Well, the light at the end of the tunnel it is!

Please let me know if you know anything else you could devulge about the info you've gathered from the forums.

Thank you!
Hi Ironbird,

I'm new here and also on same timeline as you.. Family sponsorship for my Kyrgyz wife outside Canada...AOR1 on 9th March ... notification of files transferred from Mississauga, ON to Warsaw on 22nd March ... SA approval email 24th March ... AOR2 received 29th May. Fingers crossed we all get good news by the fall.

Last edited:

Ironbird

Mar 27, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 2
Med's Request
Jan 2018
Med's Done....
Feb 2018
F
Hi Ironbird,

I'm new here and also on same timeline as you.. Family sponsorship for my Kyrgyz wife outside Canada...AOR1 on 9th March ... notification of files transferred from Mississauga, ON to Warsaw on 22nd March ... SA approval email 24th March ... AOR2 received 29th May. Fingers crossed we all get good news by the fall.
Ingers crossed my brother! Long distance relationships are hard indeed lol

firewithin6667

May 15, 2017
Hi everyone!

It's been rather quiet here. Has anyone heard any news lately? I haven't seen updates from Warsaw anywhere! I was wondering if any November applicants got their PPR, since I am December.

Thanks!

Nabil_TO

Aug 25, 2017
Hi everyone!

It's been rather quiet here. Has anyone heard any news lately? I haven't seen updates from Warsaw anywhere! I was wondering if any November applicants got their PPR, since I am December.

Thanks!
We got it. We applied in August and Warsaw received it in October.

Nabil_TO

Aug 25, 2017
Thanks for the info! Did you mean you got the visitor visa? I meant Permanent residence Visa. You got yours already?
I'm Canadian, my wife is Russian. I submitted a PR application for my wife on Aug 08 and that went to mississauga. Then in October the application was forwarded to Warsaw. Afterwards, things got real quiet and we didn't hear anything for months. During that time we applied for a visitor visa for my wife and it was approved. But now my wife actually got her PR. It was approved in June, with a request to send her passport to the Canadian embassy in Russia or Ottawa. After we sent the passport it came back with an immigrant visa in it. Then with that visa we got the PR. It's just a paper now but we are waiting for the actual card to arrive in the mail.

firewithin6667

May 15, 2017
I'm Canadian, my wife is Russian. I submitted a PR application for my wife on Aug 08 and that went to mississauga. Then in October the application was forwarded to Warsaw. Afterwards, things got real quiet and we didn't hear anything for months. During that time we applied for a visitor visa for my wife and it was approved. But now my wife actually got her PR. It was approved in June, with a request to send her passport to the Canadian embassy in Russia or Ottawa. After we sent the passport it came back with an immigrant visa in it. Then with that visa we got the PR. It's just a paper now but we are waiting for the actual card to arrive in the mail.
Sorry I misunderstood! My wife is also Russian. Thanks for the detailed explanation. Oh man so it took 10 months! Seems like they've slowed down recently.

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate your response. I wish you the best time with your wife.

Ironbird

Mar 27, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 2
Med's Request
Jan 2018
Med's Done....
Feb 2018
Hey compadres! I frequent another forum, it's a Russian speaking one and there are a few Dec applicants there, all Russian or Ukraininan, going through Warsaw mainly. None of them got any decisions yet. There were a bunch of October applicants there too, about 3 or 4, and they got their cases approverd around May this year, making the whole immigration trip about 7-8 months, door to door. Thus it is not unreasonable to expect that come about Aug or so our spouses will get their papers too.

Here is the link to the forum:

http://www.rusforum.ca/topic15267-11205.html

deveryv

Jan 26, 2018
@Nabil_TO How did you get the visitor visa? My wife got denied in April because of not enough proof she would return to Kazakhstan after her visit to Vancouver, even though her trip to Vancouver was planned for April and our wedding celebration with 100 people in Kazakhstan was in May! That's a low blow! Here is my timeline:

Legally married in Dominican January 4th
Application sent to Mississauga April 13th
Visitor visa denied April 17th
Wedding celebration in Kazakhstan May 20th
AOR1 May 22nd
Medical request May 25th
Approved as sponsor May 26th
Medical passed June 4th
Application sent to Warsaw June 8th
Heard nothing since June 8th.

Hope you have good visitor visa advice...

Jarait

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Application delivered to Mississauga May 10th
AOR1 June 15
Decision made ECAS for sponsor July 6th
No Medical request
No SA email

Looks like my case is the slowest in the forum

Ironbird

Mar 27, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 2
Med's Request
Jan 2018
Med's Done....
Feb 2018
We got it. We applied in August and Warsaw received it in October.
Hey Nabil!

Thank you for sharing your timeline and your experience with the Canadian immigration processes. It looks like your journey from start to finish took about 10 months - from August to June. That's quite a bit but still less than what it would be a few years back, I hear. Do you think there were things or factors that slowed down the whole process? Thanks in advance man!

deveryv

Jan 26, 2018
Updated:

Legally married in Dominican January 4th
Application sent to Mississauga April 13th
Visitor visa denied April 17th
Wedding celebration in Kazakhstan May 20th
AOR1 May 22nd
Medical request May 25th
Approved as sponsor May 26th
Medical passed June 4th
Application sent to Warsaw June 8th
AOR2 July 30th

How can I get my wife here on a visitors visa while we wait?