+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wanting to Sponsor my Spouse again after cancelling midway..

aselsherif

Aug 1, 2009
Hi,

I am Canadian and I got married to someone from my country and I applied to sponsor him, however midway during the process after I paid for the residency fees and all was almost done, I had troubles financially and he had troubles because his mom was sick, so things were not alright between me and him so I canceled the sponsorship until we fix the issues between us, and now we are back together after 2 months because we really cant live without each other, how can I go back to sponsor him again, do I have to do the whole process from the beginning or what do I have to do?

Thanks for your help

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Did you receive everything back from your application.. did they give you options when you cancelled. Did you receive a refund? These questions need to be answered. But from the sounds of it you will have to re-apply and start all over again.

aselsherif

Aug 1, 2009
Hi,

I didn't recieve anything no, because this was through the lawyer, so should I call the immigration people to ask about my application, maybe the cancellation didn't go through yet or there is a way of reversing the situation since it's only 2 months ago ? and if so, how can I contact immigration people directly?.

Thanks alot

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
You can withdraw your cancellation by sending a fax to them. But if you are dealing with a lawyer why don't you ask your lawyer to withdraw your cancellation before it's too late. At this point you could also get him to draft up a letter to be faxed to your visa office with the details.

brighteyes

Aug 1, 2009
aselsherif, mind if I ask what happened with your case?

Was it canceled and did u have to reply?

If not, what was the procedure?