+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wanting to know if I can move

Xleza

Oct 17, 2019
I live in the U.S, I want to move to canada and get a job finish my highschool education and pursue higher education however i dont know if i can become a canadian resident. I have no family/partners in canada and i have only worked at fast food/retail. I would have a place to go if i moved however Im wondering what could i do to stay there, Maybe pursue my highschool diploma then get a job? I know someone who lives in canada and we have been together for a short bit of time but not close to a year.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I live in the U.S, I want to move to canada and get a job finish my highschool education and pursue higher education however i dont know if i can become a canadian resident. I have no family/partners in canada and i have only worked at fast food/retail. I would have a place to go if i moved however Im wondering what could i do to stay there, Maybe pursue my highschool diploma then get a job? I know someone who lives in canada and we have been together for a short bit of time but not close to a year.
To be able to attend high school in Canada, you would be classified as an international student. This means you would need to obtain a study permit and also be able to pay approximately $15,000 per year in tuition. To be approved for the study permit, you would need to show that you have enough money in your bank account to cover the $15,000 in annual tuition - plus another $10,000 in living expenses. You will not be able to work while attending school. International students who are studying at the high school level are not allowed to work.

So it all really comes down to money. If you have a bank account with $25,000 in savings - then a study permit is possible. Otherwise it's not possible and you will likely need to wait a few more years before coming to Canada is a realistic plan.

Xleza

Oct 17, 2019
To be able to attend high school in Canada, you would be classified as an international student. This means you would need to obtain a study permit and also be able to pay approximately $15,000 per year in tuition. To be approved for the study permit, you would need to show that you have enough money in your bank account to cover the $15,000 in annual tuition - plus another $10,000 in living expenses. You will not be able to work while attending school. International students who are studying at the high school level are not allowed to work.

So it all really comes down to money. If you have a bank account with $25,000 in savings - then a study permit is possible. Otherwise it's not possible and you will likely need to wait a few more years before coming to Canada is a realistic plan.
Unfortunately i dont have that type of money, Are there any other options?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately i dont have that type of money, Are there any other options?
Not really.

Only other option provided you are both old enough and provided you are in a serious relationship with the person in Canada is to get married and have that person sponsor you for permanent residency.