Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi,

I opted my file be processed in Buffalo visa office in my initial application. However, I want to switch my visa office to New Delhi since it is way too faster. Can you tell me whether this would be possible? I have not received first AOR yet, can I choose to submit my document to New Delhi instead?

-D2C

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Den2Can said:
Hi,

I opted my file be processed in Buffalo visa office in my initial application. However, I want to switch my visa office to New Delhi since it is way too faster. Can you tell me whether this would be possible? I have not received first AOR yet, can I choose to submit my document to New Delhi instead?

-D2C
Only possible to change it once you receive a go ahead from CIO that is a file number from CIO. Once you have it then in order to opt New Delhi as local visa office you must be or must have a visa which allows you to get permission to stay in New Delhi India for 1 year to enable New Delhi to process your case. This doesn't mean that you will physically have to be there all the time. It just means that you should be available if they need your presence.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rocky272727 said:
Only possible to change it once you receive a go ahead from CIO that is a file number from CIO. Once you have it then in order to opt New Delhi as local visa office you must be or must have a visa which allows you to get permission to stay in New Delhi India for 1 year to enable New Delhi to process your case. This doesn't mean that you will physically have to be there all the time. It just means that you should be available if they need your presence.
Not going to happen. You should read Operational Bulletin 180

Visa offices are not required to transfer files for any other reasons. Such reasons include cases of applicants who comply with subsection R11(1) for the specified visa office, at the time the application is received at the CIO, but subsequently leave the territory of the specified visa office. In these cases, the original visa office should proceed with a final determination of eligibility and process the application if eligible. The visa office should not transfer the file to another visa office unless the transfer is warranted for program integrity reasons. Leaving a visa office’s territory alone does not warrant a file transfer. In this case, if an applicant requests a file transfer, the visa office should inform them that the application will not be transferred and that they are required to submit a complete application to the visa office originally specified within the 120 day deadline allotted by the CIO.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Den2Can said:
Hi,

-D2C
Please refer to the extract from the OP Manual 1 Page 15.

5.19 File transfer

Notwithstanding the reasons that may warrant creating a file before visa offices have determined if an applicant meets the requirements of R11, it is strongly recommended that visa offices avoid creating a file on an application until it has been determined their visa office is responsible for processing that person's application. When some doubt exists regarding the applicant's residency status and/or the office's jurisdiction, and available information is open to interpretation, a local procedure should be implemented to determine if the requirements under R11 have been met. Some visa offices may choose to automatically refer such a file to a visa officer for review and decision, while some offices may entrust this responsibility to a designated individual who has the necessary expertise to make such an assessment.
If a serious doubt exists about an applicant's country of residence or the office responsible for processing the application, and in order to avoid a situation where the recommended office could also refuse to process the application due to lack of jurisdiction, the applicant should be asked to make the determination based on information available on CIC's Internet site, the address of which is to be provided. If it appears that the applicant has no access to the Internet, the applicant should be given the necessary information, including a list of offices showing the countries for which the office is responsible, to assist the applicant in determining where to send the application.
Visa offices are not required to transfer applications for permanent or temporary residence to Canada upon the request of applicants or their designated representatives. Visa offices should transfer files only if that transfer would enhance program integrity. Conversely, visa offices should refuse to transfer files if such a transfer diminishes program integrity. Officers should consider consulting potential receiving visa offices to seek assistance in finalizing cases before transferring a file. The onus is on the applicant to demonstrate that the transfer of their file would not compromise the integrity of the application evaluation process. Program integrity includes issues such as ability to effectively evaluate documents; knowledge of local security and criminality environments; or familiarity with business practices and procedures. Other factors may be taken into account when evaluating the impact of a file transfer on the program integrity of visa programs. As part of program integrity considerations, officers should also be mindful that the intent of R11 is to ensure that, as much as possible, visa applications are reviewed by the offices with the local knowledge and expertise necessary to conduct an effective case review. While the Regulations define where an application must be submitted, they do not stipulate where an application must be processed. At times, visa offices may independently decide that issues of program integrity merit the transfer of an application to another visa office. In these cases, the visa office should immediately inform the applicant of the file transfer.
When transferring files, visa offices should be mindful of the resource implications for the receiving visa office and, therefore, should notify the receiving visa office of upcoming transfers, particularly multiple transfers. When transferring a file to another office, officers should ensure that the reasons for the transfer are clearly documented. On those occasions when a case is facilitated through early admission, the file will be transferred to CPC-Vegreville for finalization once all statutory requirements have been completed abroad. For more information about early admission and the issuance of a temporary resident permit, see OP 20, section 5.15. For assessment purposes, visa offices receiving a transferred file must respect the original date on which the application was received as the “lock-in” date. For processing purposes, all processing steps for the files transferred to an office, including the scheduling of interviews, should be the same as for all other applications received in the office on the date corresponding to the “lock-in” date of the received file. This means that an application that is received in Paris $in July 2002 and transferred to New Delhi in March 2003 will enter the New Delhi queue as of July 2002. There are no fees applicable to file transfer requests.

In my opinion in order to maintain the program integrity, if the applicant will not be available in the opted country where the opted visa office is located then it will be better if the they accept the request of the applicant to transfer the file to local visa office where the applicant will be living as only then it will keep the program integrity because the applicant will not be available in the first country and if an interview is required then it may create distance trouble. This is my opinion and I feel this will be accepted.

More view required on it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rocky272727 said:
Please refer to the extract from the OP Manual 1 Page 15.

5.19 File transfer

Notwithstanding the reasons that may warrant creating a file before visa offices have determined if an applicant meets the requirements of R11, it is strongly recommended that visa offices avoid creating a file on an application until it has been determined their visa office is responsible for processing that person's application. When some doubt exists regarding the applicant's residency status and/or the office's jurisdiction, and available information is open to interpretation, a local procedure should be implemented to determine if the requirements under R11 have been met. Some visa offices may choose to automatically refer such a file to a visa officer for review and decision, while some offices may entrust this responsibility to a designated individual who has the necessary expertise to make such an assessment.
If a serious doubt exists about an applicant's country of residence or the office responsible for processing the application, and in order to avoid a situation where the recommended office could also refuse to process the application due to lack of jurisdiction, the applicant should be asked to make the determination based on information available on CIC's Internet site, the address of which is to be provided. If it appears that the applicant has no access to the Internet, the applicant should be given the necessary information, including a list of offices showing the countries for which the office is responsible, to assist the applicant in determining where to send the application.
Visa offices are not required to transfer applications for permanent or temporary residence to Canada upon the request of applicants or their designated representatives. Visa offices should transfer files only if that transfer would enhance program integrity. Conversely, visa offices should refuse to transfer files if such a transfer diminishes program integrity. Officers should consider consulting potential receiving visa offices to seek assistance in finalizing cases before transferring a file. The onus is on the applicant to demonstrate that the transfer of their file would not compromise the integrity of the application evaluation process. Program integrity includes issues such as ability to effectively evaluate documents; knowledge of local security and criminality environments; or familiarity with business practices and procedures. Other factors may be taken into account when evaluating the impact of a file transfer on the program integrity of visa programs. As part of program integrity considerations, officers should also be mindful that the intent of R11 is to ensure that, as much as possible, visa applications are reviewed by the offices with the local knowledge and expertise necessary to conduct an effective case review. While the Regulations define where an application must be submitted, they do not stipulate where an application must be processed. At times, visa offices may independently decide that issues of program integrity merit the transfer of an application to another visa office. In these cases, the visa office should immediately inform the applicant of the file transfer.
When transferring files, visa offices should be mindful of the resource implications for the receiving visa office and, therefore, should notify the receiving visa office of upcoming transfers, particularly multiple transfers. When transferring a file to another office, officers should ensure that the reasons for the transfer are clearly documented. On those occasions when a case is facilitated through early admission, the file will be transferred to CPC-Vegreville for finalization once all statutory requirements have been completed abroad. For more information about early admission and the issuance of a temporary resident permit, see OP 20, section 5.15. For assessment purposes, visa offices receiving a transferred file must respect the original date on which the application was received as the “lock-in” date. For processing purposes, all processing steps for the files transferred to an office, including the scheduling of interviews, should be the same as for all other applications received in the office on the date corresponding to the “lock-in” date of the received file. This means that an application that is received in Paris $in July 2002 and transferred to New Delhi in March 2003 will enter the New Delhi queue as of July 2002. There are no fees applicable to file transfer requests.

In my opinion in order to maintain the program integrity, if the applicant will not be available in the opted country where the opted visa office is located then it will be better if the they accept the request of the applicant to transfer the file to local visa office where the applicant will be living as only then it will keep the program integrity because the applicant will not be available in the first country and if an interview is required then it may create distance trouble. This is my opinion and I feel this will be accepted.

More view required on it.
Moving to another office's jurisdiction does not bring Program Integrity into play. CIC/CHC is not your mother, you applied to the office, and then moved, it is up to the applicant to meet the requirements of that office. If they can't get to the office for an interview or send their passports there, too bad. They made the decision as to where they wanted their application to be processed and now they have to live with that decision.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Moving to another office's jurisdiction does not bring Program Integrity into play. CIC/CHC is not your mother, you applied to the office, and then moved, it is up to the applicant to meet the requirements of that office. If they can't get to the office for an interview or send their passports there, too bad. They made the decision as to where they wanted their application to be processed and now they have to live with that decision.
Hi PMM,

Apologies for asking this Off Tppic question but kindly clarify your comment where you mentioned " CIC/CHC is not your mother" as I am not able to understand it.

Thanks

Den2Can

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Apr-2010
Doc's Request.
21-June-2010
IELTS Request
Already taken on 26-06-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Thank you both Rocky and PMM for your own opinions. I am still not sure whether transferring is possible or not, but I will still wait if someone has any more input to it or else I will consult a lawyer on this. @PMM on your 'mother' comment: I request you to please use polite words in this forum.

- D2C

PMM said:
Hi

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rocky272727 said:
Hi PMM,

Apologies for asking this Off Tppic question but kindly clarify your comment where you mentioned " CIC/CHC is not your mother" as I am not able to understand it.

Thanks
It is an expression that means CIC/CHC expects you to be adults and make informed decisions. They are not going to hold your hand, and help you every step of the way, like your mother used to help you.

ajay9099

Nov 28, 2011
Hello ,

I am applying under quebec skilled worker category. I have got CSQ and filed applicaiton to buffalo office. I came to knew that buffalo office has way longer processing time than new delhi. I am indian citizen. Can i move my file from buffalo to new delhi. But i have doubts regarding medicals, police certificate and immigration visa. will i get doctor in montreal as i currently live in montreal. But about visa, how can i send passport to new delhi for visa.

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay9099 said:
Hello ,

I am applying under quebec skilled worker category. I have got CSQ and filed applicaiton to buffalo office. I came to knew that buffalo office has way longer processing time than new delhi. I am indian citizen. Can i move my file from buffalo to new delhi. But i have doubts regarding medicals, police certificate and immigration visa. will i get doctor in montreal as i currently live in montreal. But about visa, how can i send passport to new delhi for visa.
You will get the answer to your question if you read the above posts.

1. In short.....You cannot change your Visa Office
2. Check the List of DMPs in Montreal.
3. Indian PP cannot be send/received outside India...it is Illegal. You will have to find ways (through friends/family members) to send your PP to India and get it back.

Mitali