+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to move to Canada

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So it's supposed to take 2 days but it's been 10, then you should definitely ask about it.

They emailed me back and said they sent my documents to me on the 26th May, so hopefully they arrive tomorrow.

EDIT: Ok, the post just arrived and it still not here, it's been 8 days now, I hope something hasn't gone wrong in the post. =[

Ugh, it's still not arrived, I emailed them, and they replied saying:

Dear Mark,

Delays can be quite common in the postal system however on occasion thing do go missing. If it does not arrive with you soon this may be the case. In this instance we are able to issue replacement certificates at a cost of £10. If you wish to acquire a replacement you should send payment as a cheque or postal order to the address below with a letter explaining that you have not received your certificate. Please include the country you are travelling to, your full name and date of birth on this correspondence.

If you have any further queries please contact the customer services team on the number below.

Kind Regards
Laura Christie
Customer Services
Tel: 0845 60 13 999
Int: 0044 1962 871111
Fax: 01962 871530

ACRO
PO Box 481
Fareham
PO14 9FS

Please note:
We are only able to accept scanned documents in PDF and JPEG format.
The time frames given for processing applications will only apply when all required information has been provided, as explained in the guidelines.

I'm going to prepare another cheque and letter, and if it's not here on Monday then send for replacement. =[

neda

Jan 9, 2009
Hello everyone!
we are also one of those thousands of people who would like to immigrate canada, and we want to make our first step next year. Yes what BC guy said about British columbia i think it's true many people called that place "paradise." how i wish i Could be able to bring my children there. Here is our plan, my husband and i are planning to visit B.C next year through visitor's visa and find job,we prefer job in the Hotel or Restaurant related to our course. i know there are so many job but what i would like to know is about LMO
I heard ALBERTA are not issuing LMO this days because of the recession, but haven't heard about B.C.
can somebody tell me if it's happening also in B.C? hope not.. my other concern is if we are lucky enaugh & find job who are willing to apply an LMO for us ,do we have to come back to apply work permit ? we are filipino legally working in seoul korea. or it would be better if we get tourist U.S visa and apply in the boarder.

My other question is do i qualify for skilled category as a cook?
work at the embassy for 15 years &have credential.have diploma of HRM job title is assistant cook replacing cook during her absence.

Thank you!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for immigration directly as a cook if you have enough points, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list

Hey Leon, while waiting for my police check, I am filling in my Bunac form, and have some questions about some parts of it.

1) First page, there is a small box that says file/référence, what do I write in here if anything?

2) Address page says Prov./State, do I need to put anything in here if I am from the U.K. and not the U.S.?

3) When filling in my details, there's a box that says Relationship/Lien de Parenté, then in box next to it, under the applicant part I am filling out, it says self/lui-meme ... so I assume that that box is already filled out for me because it's not a relationship with anyone, correct?

4) Additional information page, there's a section regarding sons, daughters etc... I have none at all, so shall I just leave it all blank? or write N/A?

5) On the education section, it says course taken, is this the subjects I took at school? or the type of course e.g. GCSE?

Also, because I need to send away for a replacement police certificate, the new cheque for £10 should be addressed to the place I addressed the original cheque too, yeah?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. If you don't know what it is, skip it.

2., 3. and 4. Write N/A

5. Write whatever was the last school stage that you have completed.

The replacement police certificate, I am sure the check is addressed to the same place.

Thanks, police certificate arrived today anyway.

So for the education part, I just write GCSE's as these were the last stages I completed, then write the grades I achieved in the box that says qualification awarded ... do I need to list the subjects?

Also, there's a section that says AFFILATIONS - please provide details for yourself and any family members, then the boxes say Organisation and Position Held, what goes in here if anything? It says on the help sheet that it's referring to any professional bodies I am a member of, what kind of stuff is this? sorry if it sounds like a stupid question.

Once that's done, that's everything sorted ... just re-read everything, and the file box should be left blank.

Also:

What do I do with the membership card, the one that can be peeled from the page? do I need to put it anywhere? and do you know if the meetings are held on certain days?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe you should ask Bunac, I am not really familiar with these forms.

Ok, I have emailed them asking them about the sticker thing anyway, it doesn't say I need to send that, so it's probably used for something else.

I don't think I am a member of any professional bodies, my mum says that nor her, my dad or myself are members of any, so I shall just put N/A there.

And well, for the education part, I'll just list my grades too, it's not going to do any harm, I have put:

Course taken - GCSE's

and then list of subjects under it.

Then in the qualification box, I have wrote:

9 GCSE grades

and next to each subject the grade I achieved.

That seem ok?

Sending everything today but .. Argh, quick question, on an email from Bunac it says:

Work Canada 2009 Non-Student programme is now closed. We hope to open the 2010 programme in December 2009, we do not have any waiting list for cancellations. Any changes to this situation would be indicated on our website.

When I joined, it says a visa has been reserved for me and I have been accepted to the program, so my place is booked correct? It's not closed for me because I was given the forms and a place reserved, yeah?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a letter saying you are accepted, you are probably accepted. You really have to ask Bunac though. How would I know?

Ok thanks ... and I am such an idiot ... sent everything this morning but ... forgot to put a goddamn stamp on the envelope!

My mum said just email them, and tell them I made a mistake and to forward me the charge of the stamp.

EDIT: emailed them, just told them I am sorry for my mistake and gave them all my details and asked if possible can they forward me the charge for the stamp.

You have any idea what happens in these kind of situations?